Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Peshmerga

A collection of threads on topics that get updated regularly :
Peshmerga, Kurdistan Universities, Consulates in Kurdistan, Construction in (Hewler, Slemani, Dohuk, Kerkuk).Top Kurdish Holidays, Top Kurdish News Sites, Top Kurdish Terms. ...

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Rando » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 pm

I am pretty sure that these jets will be the MIG-21 lanceR. ( Mig-21 lanceR=Mig-21 with some upgrades)
romanian air force is gonna replace them with F-16 and F/A-18,and therefore looking for someone who wants to buy the MIGs.

romanian air force have 48 of the MIG-21s. And right now the MIG-21 lanceR is the best Jet in the romanian air force.

and the tanks could be the TR-85 and T-72s.
by the way,the T-72s kurdistan has right now is mostly lion of bablyons,a downgraded version of the orginal T-72,and hopefully these T-72s we are gonna buy now will be T-72A or B (upgraded versions of the orginal T-72)
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
User avatar
Rando
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 929
Images: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 1246 times
Been thanked: 671 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Guti » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

how good are those fighters? Do you think they will be useful?

What about tanks? Does Peshmerga has good tanks?

I'm asking you cause you seem to have a knowledge in these matters.

Guti
Nubar
Nubar
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Rando » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Guti wrote:how good are those fighters? Do you think they will be useful?

What about tanks? Does Peshmerga has good tanks?

I'm asking you cause you seem to have a knowledge in these matters.


The MIG-21 was made in 1959,and went out of service in the 1990s (from the russian air force). so it is very old.it would not do well against modern fighters like the F-16 and SU-27.
but then again,kurdistan lies in the middle east,and most countries there use old weapons. there are many countries in the middle east who still use the MIG-21,like egypt and syria. So the MIG-21 lanceR would be useful if we get attacked by countries in the middle east.
by the way,most of the turkish air-force is made of F-4 phantom. The Mig-21 LanceR could easly take down F-4 phantoms. (but they have hundreds of F-4s,so they would easly win). but this is only the start of our air force,hopefully we will buy more planes soon.
and our pilots has been trained in ausrtia who got one of the best pilot training,and as you know,often the training is more important than the plane.


our tanks right now are bad and old.mostly T-55,T-62 and Lion of bablyon.
But the tanks we will buy could be good.
the TR-85 would be good for dealing with small armor like an IFV,but would not do good in tank on tank combat.
But the T-72s with its 125mm cannon would be very good for Tank on tank combat.
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
User avatar
Rando
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 929
Images: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 1246 times
Been thanked: 671 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Kurdistano wrote:Alan do you have some more informations. are those companies romanian or is just the meeting in romania.


no the companies are Romanians companies , they visited the weapon factories and also now in nego with the weapon companies from Romania .
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
User avatar
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 9079
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 4837 times
Been thanked: 4389 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Guti wrote:yea ofc

but isn't the budget of Peshmerga from Baghdad?


no it is not , for the last 5 years they havent paid us 1 cent , its one of the 3 main disputes with baghdad , i have posted this on the stupid iraqiforum few times .
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
User avatar
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 9079
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 4837 times
Been thanked: 4389 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:10 pm

alan131210 wrote:
Guti wrote:yea ofc

but isn't the budget of Peshmerga from Baghdad?


no it is not , for the last 5 years they havent paid us 1 cent , its one of the 3 main disputes with baghdad , i have posted this on the stupid iraqiforum few times .


how about krg. how big is their budget without the help of the regional government.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 am
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 821 times

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 am

Kurdistano wrote:
alan131210 wrote:
Guti wrote:yea ofc

but isn't the budget of Peshmerga from Baghdad?


no it is not , for the last 5 years they havent paid us 1 cent , its one of the 3 main disputes with baghdad , i have posted this on the stupid iraqiforum few times .


how about krg. how big is their budget without the help of the regional government.


KRG's 2012 budget is $14 Billion :) , besides the budget from border checkpoints taxes and tourism they get ..... so i'd say about $20 billion all up .
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
User avatar
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 9079
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 4837 times
Been thanked: 4389 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:24 pm

alan131210 wrote:
KRG's 2012 budget is $14 Billion :) , besides the budget from border checkpoints taxes and tourism they get ..... so i'd say about $20 billion all up .


thats huge. Mig 21 are overall good jets and one costs 1-3 mio. New F-16 costs 18 Mio. Why arent they buying some.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 am
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 821 times

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Kurdistano wrote:
alan131210 wrote:
KRG's 2012 budget is $14 Billion :) , besides the budget from border checkpoints taxes and tourism they get ..... so i'd say about $20 billion all up .


thats huge. Mig 21 are overall good jets and one costs 1-3 mio. New F-16 costs 18 Mio. Why arent they buying some.


isnt F16 American made ? i dont think they will sell KRG these jets cos of Turkey , i think thats is why KRG is turning to EU for jets and tanks .
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
User avatar
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 9079
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 4837 times
Been thanked: 4389 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 pm

alan131210 wrote:
Kurdistano wrote:
alan131210 wrote:
KRG's 2012 budget is $14 Billion :) , besides the budget from border checkpoints taxes and tourism they get ..... so i'd say about $20 billion all up .


thats huge. Mig 21 are overall good jets and one costs 1-3 mio. New F-16 costs 18 Mio. Why arent they buying some.


isnt F16 American made ? i dont think they will sell KRG these jets cos of Turkey , i think thats is why KRG is turning to EU for jets and tanks .

yes but eurofighters are not bad either. Yesterday I read some about mig21. they seem to be good Jets. comparable or maybe even better as F-4 to which most Turkish Jets belong. But you also need some new one if you are going to be attacked by F-16. Eurofighters are a good deal. Eurofighters are very expensive it seems. a unit 90 mio.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 am
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 821 times

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 pm

Kurdistano wrote:
yes but eurofighters are not bad either. Yesterday I read some about mig21. they seem to be good Jets. comparable or maybe even better as F-4 to which most Turkish Jets belong. But you also need some new one if you are going to be attacked by F-16. Eurofighters are a good deal. Eurofighters are very expensive it seems. a unit 90 mio.


how much is an F16 ?
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
User avatar
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 9079
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 4837 times
Been thanked: 4389 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Rando » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 pm

around 18-30 milion dollars. depends on from where you are buying them and what kind of F-16 :)
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
User avatar
Rando
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 929
Images: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 1246 times
Been thanked: 671 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Rando wrote:around 18-30 milion dollars. depends on from where you are buying them and what kind of F-16 :)


aren't they US made only !!?? and if they are only worth that much KRG can buy 20 of them easily , and besides the current budge there are other funds in the EU banks which can be put to good use :lol: .
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
User avatar
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 9079
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 4837 times
Been thanked: 4389 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Rando » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:05 pm

yes,they are only US made. but some countries are willing to sell them. yes,i agree. we could easly buy many of them.
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
User avatar
Rando
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 929
Images: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 1246 times
Been thanked: 671 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

alan131210 wrote:
Kurdistano wrote:
yes but eurofighters are not bad either. Yesterday I read some about mig21. they seem to be good Jets. comparable or maybe even better as F-4 to which most Turkish Jets belong. But you also need some new one if you are going to be attacked by F-16. Eurofighters are a good deal. Eurofighters are very expensive it seems. a unit 90 mio.


how much is an F16 ?


around 20 mio.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 am
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 784 times
Been thanked: 821 times

PreviousNext

Return to Mega Threads (Top-100 Kurdish Topics)

Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

x

#{title}

#{text}