Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Haplogroups of South and North Kurdistan (Genetic)

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon May 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Scroll Down up to the Part "Middle East & North Africa"

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_ ... oups.shtml

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Haplogroups of South and North Kurdistan (Genetic)

PostAuthor: kurd-sthanam » Tue May 03, 2011 7:02 pm

interesting, haplogroup I that is most found by scandinavians and yugoslavians is the most populous haplogroup among kurds. it is real? :?
kurd-sthanam
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Yes it is. But you are mixing some things up. The I found in Scandinavia is I1* I1 is only found in moderate frequency 3-4%. But The I found among Kurds is mainly I2a2. This is the Haplogroup what is very stong in the Balkans, Russia, North Ossetia and Kurds. This is the Haplogroup what differs us from most other Near Eastern Populations.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 pm

could someone explain what those numbers mean ?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arcade winning challenges: 1
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 am

To be honest with you eurpedia isn't accurate at all. They only take small samples. This only shows iraq and turkish kurds, not iranian kurds.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Zert » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:36 pm

dyaoko wrote:could someone explain what those numbers mean ?

Those are the percentages in which certain haplogroups are present in the Kurdish population.
Haplogroups tell you what your direct lineage is, they only tell you something about 2 (or 1, if you're female) of your ancestors.

Haplogroups formed in different parts of the world, and are associated with different peoples; for example the R1a among Kurds is thought to stem from our Aryan ancestors (Medes).

On a related not: I ordered a DNA kit yesterday, from a site called 23andme.com . It's often used, and quite respected. It tells you alot about your DNA; not only a detailed analysis of recent and distant ancestry, but also traits, drug response, and disease risks.
Kurdish DNA blog:
http://kurdishdna.blogspot.com/

Kurdish Musings (a great Kurdish history blog):
lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Azamat » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Zert wrote:On a related not: I ordered a DNA kit yesterday, from a site called 23andme.com . It's often used, and quite respected. It tells you alot about your DNA; not only a detailed analysis of recent and distant ancestry, but also traits, drug response, and disease risks.

Were you not from Dersim? It'll thus be very likely that you carry R1a.

Azamat
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Zert » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Yes, I'm from Dersim. I'm going to send the tube back to the lab Monday. Thereafter it takes like 6-8 weeks according to the package to get my results.

Edit: apparantly, many get their results earlier than that, like 3-4 weeks, in best case 2 weeks after they've received. Not that bad of a wait.
Kurdish DNA blog:

lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Zert » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:15 am

For those interested, my genetic results came in.
I made a thread about them on another forum, you will need an account on there to view the pictures though.

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php?t=23398
Kurdish DNA blog:

lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Azamat » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:45 am

Zert, let me make something very clear. Genetics is not my area of expertise, but allow me to give you this advice. Do not give in to the lies of certain users stating that Kurds are 'not anatolian'. It's not a coincidence that it's an Armenian propagating this bullshit. The underlying intention of their false lies is making you believe that you are just a confused Assyrian/Armenian assimilated into Kurdish culture. This way you will subject to their territorial claims and supremacist notions more swiftly. As for your results, they are indeed not usual for a Dersimi Kurd as most of us harbour R1a, which is an Iranic(Scytho-Median) marker. J2 and I2a2 are the other main Kurdish haplogroups and everything we know suggest that they are indigenous to anatolia, as they are most likely inherited from our Hurrian ancestors.

By the way, did you have any discussions with this Kurdish user called 'Che' on biodiversity? His knowledge draws my admiration greatly. With his great understanding of genetics, which I will never have, he contributes to the Kurdish cause and the Kurdish position of biodiversity in a most fantastic way.

Off topic: The anti-Kurdish campaign of the Armenians and Assyrians is really starting to get on my nerves now. Everytime I see their flags I am sent into a boiling rage of frustration and despair. I'm losing the edge...

Azamat
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Zert » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:59 pm

The Assyrians, Turks and Kurds (and I may have forgotten some others) in that topic all helped me with my results, the only one who was really being adverse (the one you were talking about) dislikes/hates Kurds; the rest were all cool to be honest.

And yes, I've had some conversations with Che; too bad he got banned.

I'm quite proud of my results though, they show that my ancestral point lies somewhere around Hakkari (heart of Kurdistan), and that I'm most probably native to Anatolia :D .
Kurdish DNA blog:

lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Zert wrote:For those interested, my genetic results came in.
I made a thread about them on another forum, you will need an account on there to view the pictures though.

Hello brother Zert. I have a question.I really dont understand why you mention the Zaza as if they are not Kurds. And even give a thanks to these Turks who consider Zaza as not Kurds because of a handful of turkified Zaza who consider themselves turkish.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Azamat wrote:Zert, let me make something very clear. Genetics is not my area of expertise, but allow me to give you this advice. Do not give in to the lies of certain users stating that Kurds are 'not anatolian'. It's not a coincidence that it's an Armenian propagating this bullshit. The underlying intention of their false lies is making you believe that you are just a confused Assyrian/Armenian assimilated into Kurdish culture. This way you will subject to their territorial claims and supremacist notions more swiftly. As for your results, they are indeed not usual for a Dersimi Kurd as most of us harbour R1a, which is an Iranic(Scytho-Median) marker. J2 and I2a2 are the other main Kurdish haplogroups and everything we know suggest that they are indigenous to anatolia, as they are most likely inherited from our Hurrian ancestors.

By the way, did you have any discussions with this Kurdish user called 'Che' on biodiversity? His knowledge draws my admiration greatly. With his great understanding of genetics, which I will never have, he contributes to the Kurdish cause and the Kurdish position of biodiversity in a most fantastic way.

Off topic: The anti-Kurdish campaign of the Armenians and Assyrians is really starting to get on my nerves now. Everytime I see their flags I am sent into a boiling rage of frustration and despair. I'm losing the edge...

#
That User Che was banned from Biodiversity by Elias the bald midget Assyrian admin because he became to annoying and knew how to react to the nonsense claimed by them. He got a QBQ ban (Quality for Quantity) you get this ban when you get to annoying for the bald admin and he doesnt know how to get rid of you.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Zert » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Kurdistano wrote:

Hello brother Zert. I have a question.I really dont understand why you mention the Zaza as if they are not Kurds. And even give a thanks to these Turks who consider Zaza as not Kurds because of a handful of turkified Zaza who consider themselves turkish.

I do consider them Kurds, as the overwhelming majority of them consider themselves so. I just mentioned it because they're a special group, and because genetically they are not entirely the same as the other Kurds.
Kurdish DNA blog:

lepzerin.wordpress.com
Zert
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:06 am

Zert wrote:
Kurdistano wrote:

I do consider them Kurds, as the overwhelming majority of them consider themselves so. I just mentioned it because they're a special group, and because genetically they are not entirely the same as the other Kurds.

not true brother, The zaza autsomoly speaking are the same as every other Kurd. Dont let your mind be manipulated by Haplogroups. The reason why Zaza got more of R1a1a* and I* is because there existence is mainly in 3 Regions and they could stay more homogeneous. If you read some scientific researches, you see the differences are regionally rather than linguistically. A Zaza as well Kurmanj from Amed are genetically spoken the same. While Kurmanji is the largest spoken language/Dialect, it is very usual that most non Kurdish people (Armenians, Aramaens, Greeks) were assimilated into their community. Thats why you find some more Greek, Aramaen J2 in Kurmanji speakers. Thats why Kurmanj Kurds show more affinities towards Greeks. Originally Kirmanc as well Kurmanj were the same. You can read it up in the Sherefname. Both Groups have their origins in the Dumbilis.

But you are definitely right that most Zaza consider themselves as Kurds and should mention this. Since a long time I observe how permanently racist and fascist Turks mention Zaza as if they give a damn about minorities.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

Next

Return to Roj Bash Cafe