Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Peshmerga

A collection of threads on topics that get updated regularly :
Peshmerga, Kurdistan Universities, Consulates in Kurdistan, Construction in (Hewler, Slemani, Dohuk, Kerkuk).Top Kurdish Holidays, Top Kurdish News Sites, Top Kurdish Terms. ...

Re: Peshmerga

PostAuthor: New Corduene » Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 am

Kulka wrote:right, kaka gyan - i agree - but what can i do if these flags make me sick? i am strong devlish nationalist - its called "ultra"? :D - whatever, i just cant look at any ugly flag next to the most beutiful.

He he he, They will be removed, trust me. It will happen in 'Iraqi' Kurdistan. Your worries should be for the removal of the Turkish, Syrian and Iranian ones.
New Corduene
Shermin
Shermin

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: kurdimemin_diako » Wed May 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Turkey , Iran or Surya ? witch one is next ? :lol: :lol:
kurdimemin_diako
Ashna
Ashna

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 pm

i'd say next would be north Kurdistan after south is declared. its the only one NOW asking for autonomy and talks are under way and even turks are considering it , they dont like it but at least they are considering it.
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kulka » Wed May 18, 2011 8:08 pm

kurdimemin_diako wrote:Turkey , Iran or Surya ? witch one is next ? :lol: :lol:

the next would be any one that will try to occupy Kurdistan. yes i worry about all three which were mentioned - but only remove from Kurdistan territory - on other territories is not my busines (although - anywhere i see those flags it makes me sick - i wonder why :lol: )
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: ocmentos » Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 pm

maybe Syria depends on how the situation develops.

ocmentos
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: New Corduene » Thu May 19, 2011 9:46 am

kurdimemin_diako wrote:Turkey , Iran or Surya ? witch one is next ? :lol: :lol:

Take your pick! Whichever you choose, I will be happy with it. :)
New Corduene
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Kulka » Thu May 19, 2011 9:53 am

Kaka gyan - why there is ataturk on your pic? :lol: - and what he is holding? karweshek?
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: New Corduene » Thu May 19, 2011 10:25 am

alan131210 wrote:i'd say next would be north Kurdistan after south is declared. its the only one NOW asking for autonomy and talks are under way and even turks are considering it , they dont like it but at least they are considering it.

I am not too optimist about any of 'em.

In north, there may be some positive movement from BDP. But looking at past experiences, I expect things will turn worse. DTP's closure was a surprise to many back in 2009. And it's highly possible to close BDP as well, you never know! Don't forget, the constitution will be re-written by AKP almost single-handedly, so don't expect many changes/rights for the Kurds there. The best that could happen would be a recognition of the Kurds as a people and alternative courses in Kurdish language in schools. Autonomy or some sort of self-rule is impossible to achieve with the current mentality of the Turkish public/political parties.

Syria is a different case, nobody can predict what may happen. This Friday is supposed to be called (Azadi Friday) using the Kurdish term (Azadi) which means (freedom). Also, a few days ago the Kurdish parties gathered under one banner demanding freedom and democracy, plus recognition of their identity and culture in the constitution.

This Friday could be a turning point for better or worse, we may see things lean toward a clear side, the demonstrators or the regime! Let's just hope for the best.
New Corduene
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: New Corduene » Thu May 19, 2011 10:28 am

Kulka wrote:Kaka gyan - why there is ataturk on your pic? :lol: - and what he is holding? karweshek?

How dare you compare this beautiful creature to Atash*t..! Smeagol just called me and said he has been offended by your comment. :D
New Corduene
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Kulka » Thu May 19, 2011 10:36 am

ups..... :? bbura :)))
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Azamat » Thu May 19, 2011 10:40 am

Syria is no place for 'freedom' or 'democracy'. Not with the current regime, and not with the next. I don't have any trust in these 'democracy-demonstrations' at all, if that means the Muslim Brotherhood will seek to take control, just like in Egypt. It's no more than a sh*thole. When the Assad regime collapses and the country is left in a mess, without leadership, the KRG should simply annex Western Kurdistan to its territory. Just like they should with Kerkuk and Musil. It will be great benefit to the Kurdish population there.

Azamat
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: New Corduene » Thu May 19, 2011 11:15 am

Azamat wrote:Syria is no place for 'freedom' or 'democracy'. Not with the current regime, and not with the next. I don't have any trust in these 'democracy-demonstrations' at all, if that means the Muslim Brotherhood will seek to take control, just like in Egypt. It's no more than a sh*thole. When the Assad regime collapses and the country is left in a mess, without leadership, the KRG should simply annex Western Kurdistan to its territory. Just like they should with Kerkuk and Musil. It will be great benefit to the Kurdish population there.

I wish it was that easy! But the complex political situation in a very complex region makes such move completely impossible.
New Corduene
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Azamat » Thu May 19, 2011 11:22 am

New Corduene wrote:
Azamat wrote:Syria is no place for 'freedom' or 'democracy'. Not with the current regime, and not with the next. I don't have any trust in these 'democracy-demonstrations' at all, if that means the Muslim Brotherhood will seek to take control, just like in Egypt. It's no more than a sh*thole. When the Assad regime collapses and the country is left in a mess, without leadership, the KRG should simply annex Western Kurdistan to its territory. Just like they should with Kerkuk and Musil. It will be great benefit to the Kurdish population there.

I wish it was that easy! But the complex political situation in a very complex region makes such move completely impossible.

Well, the time in between the fall of the Assad regime and the following military junta may be the only opportunity for Western Kurdish independence in the 21st century.

Azamat
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: New Corduene » Thu May 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Azamat wrote:
New Corduene wrote:

Well, the time in between the fall of the Assad regime and the following military junta may be the only opportunity for Western Kurdish independence in the 21st century.

Assad's fall down is still a big IF! Currently things are at a stalemate in Syria and this Friday could be a turning point, still will it only lead to some dramatic changes in the constitution or will it be the end of the tyrant? That remains to be seen.

In a scenario of Assad's fall, I doubt Kurds could potentially have a chance for independence. Previously I had the same discussion with Kulka in another website, I simply am going to copy what I wrote to her back then, hoping I can clarify my point:

The Kurds are, we can say, “obliged” to show their “Syrianness” to the public. What is happening in Syria is a diplomatic gesture by the Kurds to first gain their rights and also to be identified and recognized in the Syrian constitution as Kurds, for this is the first and most important step to take at this moment. then later the next step will come for them to ask for, let’s say, federalism, and from there; total independence. Demanding independence and calling for their own legitimate country now would be political suicide because they will become the scapegoats and the government easily will consider them “conspirators” and will crush them and turn them into the culprits behind the recent developments which will result in the Arab citizens turning against the Kurds as well. This happened in 2004 when the Kurds took to the streets demanding their rights but the result was that dozens of them were massacred, not a single Arabic organization, institution, political party…etc defended them. So the Kurds have learned their lesson and are not planning to make the same mistake twice. Now they play by the rules of “Unity and Diversity”, but the ultimate and unchangeable and rightful demand and goal still stands firm, which is total independence.

In fact it is the same case for all Kurds everywhere. Those in the south have reiterated that they want to remain as a part of a “United Federal Iraq”. The folks in Turkey say they only want more rights and maybe some sort of autonomy. In Iran, it is the same case. So, let them take it lightly, step by step moving forward, until ultimately reaching the goal they have so longed for; Independence for all Kurdistan.
New Corduene
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: kurdimemin_diako » Thu May 19, 2011 2:11 pm

Kulka wrote:the next would be any one that will try to occupy Kurdistan.

then its all of them ! :lol:
kurdimemin_diako
Ashna
Ashna

PreviousNext

Return to Mega Threads (Top-100 Kurdish Topics)