Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurdish - a language divided

Discuss about language(s) in English

This is me again

PostAuthor: Babek » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:01 pm

Dear all,
This is me again, Babek.
Please think about unified alphabet which I told you about it.(http://www.kurdishacademy.org)
Bedir Xan's latin alphabet should be modified to use world wide on the internet and electronic comunication.
Best wishes (especially for kak Diri)
Babek

Babek
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

This is me again

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: This is me again

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Babek wrote:Dear all,
This is me again, Babek.
Please think about unified alphabet which I told you about it.(http://www.kurdishacademy.org)
Bedir Xan's latin alphabet should be modified to use world wide on the internet and electronic comunication.
Best wishes (especially for kak Diri)

I grew up with Bedir Xan's latînî... It's hard for me to imagine writing with the unified standard, which differs a LOT from Bedir Xan's latînî...

If there were less differences - if the only difference was the addition of the thick "l" and the rolling "r" - pluss the "`" instead of the "^" I am sure it would be easier to adjust to it...

Best wishes for you too, kake gyan... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

alliance

PostAuthor: Babek » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:25 am

Dear Dirí,
Im grandson of Gazi Ibrahim (Gazi Mohammad's cousin). My parents were from Mehabad but I was born in Tehran and grew up among persians where teaching kurdish is forbiden. However, I've learnt Arabic/Latini/ Cyrillic alphabet and other dialects of kurdish such as Hewrami, Jafi and Kurmanji(zhuru) by myself because I believe in great Kurdistan. But I know that the unify of alphabet is the first and the most important step towards alliance of Kurdistan.
The unified alphabet (Which is introduced by KAL) is standard and needs no special keyboard or software to type. Additionally its very easy and simple to learn for every one and its addoptable for all dialects of kurdish.
Babek

Babek
Nubar
Nubar

Re: alliance

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:51 pm

Babek wrote:Dear Dirí,
Im grandson of Gazi Ibrahim (Gazi Mohammad's cousin). My parents were from Mehabad but I was born in Tehran and grew up among persians where teaching kurdish is forbiden. However, I've learnt Arabic/Latini/ Cyrillic alphabet and other dialects of kurdish such as Hewrami, Jafi and Kurmanji(zhuru) by myself because I believe in great Kurdistan. But I know that the unify of alphabet is the first and the most important step towards alliance of Kurdistan.
The unified alphabet (Which is introduced by KAL) is standard and needs no special keyboard or software to type. Additionally its very easy and simple to learn for every one and its addoptable for all dialects of kurdish.

Xuda rehmê Qazî Mohemmed û Îbrahîm biket... And may God bless their families...
I find it realy understandable for you to advocate this particular version of Kurdish in latini - because it's what's closest to English - and most Kurds will at some time learn English... Also as you said, it doesn't require any specific keyboard, nor does it demand any program. It's also as you say adoptable for all dialects... So I understand why you rather they learn Unified than Standard...

But as I said - I grew up with Standard - and therefore have personal difficulties overcoming that barrier... It's not that it's "too big" or anything like that, just that I have yet to meet anybody except you and perhaps another brother, who write in Unified...

Standard is by far the most popular Kurdish script - in Latin letters... It's what every Kurd in the Diaspora uses to learn his/her language in Latin letters... It's the version used to write thousands of Kurdish books - educational as well as others...

For me it doesn't realy matter which version is applied - the important thing for me, is that there IS a version - which is standard for the whole of Kurdistan...

So be it Standard or Unified, I am sure it's 100% better than (Persio-)Arabic script or Cyrillic or any other script... :)

Bi rêz û silawim...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Gudea » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:16 am

For me it doesn't realy matter which version is applied - the important thing for me, is that there IS a version - which is standard for the whole of Kurdistan...

So be it Standard or Unified, I am sure it's 100% better than (Persio-)Arabic script or Cyrillic or any other script... :)

Diri is right. Trust me that the importance at the first step is to write in one of Latin scripts. It does not matter we write it for instance as Dîrî or Dírí. but the impotance is that we dont right it as دیری or as in other ways.

I personally think that Kurds (bloggers) should boycott writing of Kurdish in Arabic scripts on the internet forever as a step towards correcting Kurdish alphabet.
Last edited by Gudea on Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gudea
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:21 am

Gudea wrote:

Diri is right. Trust me that the importance at the first step is to right in one of Latin scripts. It does not matter we write it for instance as Dîrî or Dírí. but the impotance is that we dont right it as دیری or as in other ways.

I perrsonally think that Kurds (bloggers) should boycott writing of Kurdish in Arabic scripts on the internet forever as a step towards correcting Kurdish alphabet.

Dest xosh!!!!!!!!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Re: Kurdish - a language divided

PostAuthor: Mamma Mia » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Kurdish...Yes, you can call one language like that. But When you claim "you speak Kurdish" in Diyarbakir, then go to Suleymaniya, and nobody understands what are you talking about, and they call the language as Kurdish as well, then my friends, you have a big problem here.

Sorani and Kurmanci are as different as German and English in their grammar, and as different as German and Dutch in their vocabulaty according to Kurdologist Martin van Bruinessen.

Then, there are Zazaki, and Gorani, which are completely different languages, have no common grammar with neither Kurmanci nor Sorani.

So, my friends, you have four languages (Kurmanci, Sorani, Zazaki, and Gorani), and hundreds of sub-dialects in your hands.

Kurdish? yes, Kurdish, but what is Kurdish? If Sorani and Kirmanci are both Kurdish, then English, Dutch, and German are same languages too.

Mamma Mia
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: KurdiBoy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:38 pm

چۆنیت؟
KurdiBoy
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: KurdiBoy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Gudea wrote:

Diri is right. Trust me that the importance at the first step is to write in one of Latin scripts. It does not matter we write it for instance as Dîrî or Dírí. but the impotance is that we dont right it as دیری or as in other ways.

I personally think that Kurds (bloggers) should boycott writing of Kurdish in Arabic scripts on the internet forever as a step towards correcting Kurdish alphabet.

I think we shud boycott latin alphabet.
KurdiBoy
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Mamma Mia » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:29 am

A language devided? Sorani and Kurmanci are as different as German and English as Kurdologist Martin van Bruinessen. As Zazaki and Gorani are completely different languages related to old Persian (pehlawani).

First you have to pick one of them and labeled it as Kurdish, then try to wear it an appropriate alphabet.

P.S.
By the way, if you say to a Zaza in Tunceli, you are speaking Kurdish, you will get punched on your face!

Mamma Mia
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Emanoelkurdistani » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:49 pm

@ Mamma Mia

“A language devided? Sorani and Kurmanci are as different as German and English
as Kurdologist Martin van Bruinessen.”

You mean Soranî and Kurmancî are as different as M. van Bruinessen?!!! :shock: :? .... :lol: :D

“As Zazaki and Gorani are completely
different languages related to old Persian (pehlawani).”

You the detestable fucking brainless!! Didn’t you spout out that Kirmancî is the same as Persian?!! So, how come you daresay Zazakî and Goranî as different languages are also related to Old Persian (in order to demonstrate their difference with Kirmancî)?!!! :shock: You seem to be born with paradox in your mouth!! :lol: :lol: You’re exactly less than nothing!!

“First you have to pick one of them and labeled it as Kurdish, then try to wear
it an appropriate alphabet.”

First you have to visit a swell psychologist immediately then attempt to commit any fallacy about Kurds, Kurdic languages, ancient Iranian languages and history … !! :)

“P.S.
By the way, if you say to a Zaza in Tunceli, you are speaking Kurdish, you will
get punched on your face!”

Really?!! So you exactly mean after this, therefore becuz of this Zazakî is not a Kurdic language!! You the brainless!! For your knowledge I should say in Dêrsim ( Turkish “Tunçeli”) people refer to their speech as “Kirmanckî” (does the name ring any bell in your corrupted mind?!! I’m sure it does!!). Besides you the brainless pathetic may watch Zazakî programs of Roj TV, where the native speakers present Zazakî (Kirdkî, Kirmanckî, Dimilî) programs along with their Kirmancî (Kurmancî, Soranî) and Hewramî speaking borthers. Also I’m sure you are aware of the great Kurdish revolutionary, Sheik Se’îd, who led an uprising against fascism in Turkey and fought in the name of Kurdish Nation. He and his men were native Zazakî speaking Kurds and I’m sure you would face something worse than punch if you ever said to them “you are not Kurdish!”. 8)

In fact after Sheik Se’îd’s rise the bastard Gray-Worm fascists of Turkey deeply scared of and planned for neutralizing Alevi Kurds (mainly Zazakî speakers). A plan which led to the conspiratorial theories of baseless such as Zazakî language (and thus its speakers) originating from Caspian shores, considering a recently invented Zaza identity and generalizing it to all Zazakî speaking Kurds and so on the hell!
Emanoelkurdistani
Shermin
Shermin

Previous

Return to Language