Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Sorani sentences

Discuss about language(s) in English

Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: allina » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Translate please this sentences in Sorani:
My name is
What is your name?
Nice to meet you
Where are you going?
Where do you live?
Where is the shop?
What time?
How old are you?
Where are you come from?
Who are you?
Do you understand me?
I understand
I dont understand
Help me
User avatar
allina
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Ukraine
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sorani sentences

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: allina » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Something i know how to say, but i dont know how i write it corect.
My name is - Nau i min
Wha is your name?- Naut chia?
Nice to meet you - bash bo tom bini
Where do you live? Le che de jit?
Do you understand?- TO tegiishti?
I understand - mn tegiishtim
I dont understand- min tenagim
Make it right,please.
And how to say "I speak Kurdish".

P.S. [-o< Thank you for help.
User avatar
allina
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Ukraine
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: nuray » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:05 am

my name is - mn nawm
what is your name? - nawt chiya?
where are you going? - bo kwe aroy?
where do you live? - lakwey azhit?
how old are you? - tamanit chanda?
where are you come from? - to xalky kweit?
do you understand me? - te agait?
i understand - mn te agam.
i dont understand - mn te nagam.
User avatar
nuray
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:55 am

Hello Allina :)

Here are the correct spellings of the sentences:


My name is = Nawim "..." e!
What is your name? = Nawit çiye?
Nice to meet you = Xoş halim
Where are you going? = Bo kwê deçît?
Where do you live? = Le kwê dejît?
Where is the shop? = Dûkan le kwê'ye?
What time? = Kêy?
How old are you? = Çend salît? / Temenit çende?
Where are you from? = Xelkî kwê'yî?
Who are you? = To kêy?
Do you understand me? = Min têdegeyt? / Têdegeyt? (Têgehiştî = DID you understand = past tense, not present)
I understand = Min têdegem / Têdegem
I dont understand = Min tênagem / Tênagem
Help me = Yarmetîm bide


There you go... I hope that makes it more understandable... Please check out the thread which explains the Kurdish alphabet... Kurdish "i" is not the same as the English "i", for example... Same goes for many other sounds/letters!
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: allina » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:04 am

Thank you.I will study more. :D
User avatar
allina
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Ukraine
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:36 am

allina wrote:Thank you.I will study more. :D



You are welcome... If you have any more sentences or phrases which you'd like to have translated - just post them in this thread... :)
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Lost » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:47 pm

hello friends ... great job all of you .. but diri gyan i think :
first:
Diri wrote:What time? = Kêy?

the correct is : Key? not Kêy..
Kêy or To Kêy .. is mean : who are you? .. in sorani when you talking or speaking with someone and if you said : Kêy?
he'll understand that he/she asked about : who are you!? .. even if he/she doesn't used .. Kêyt?

second:

Diri wrote:Do you understand me? = Min têdegeyt?


Lemin têdegeyt? is correct not .. Min têdegeyt? .. which mean do You understand me?
lemin = To lemin
Lemin têdegeyt? = To Lemin têdegeyt?

just simple notes .. wish great and great to all of you...
Image
Eî xuda bo waye çaw kejallekem
Boçî napirsê le derdu hhallekem
Min perêşanim weku egirîcekey
Boçî dûre boçî nayîte mallekem
User avatar
Lost
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Lost » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:57 pm

allina wrote:And how to say "I speak Kurdish".


I speak kurdish = Min be kurdî qise dekem.
I can speak kurdish = Min detwanim be kurdî qise bikem.

and another sorani sentence:

Xoşim ewêyt = I love you .. if he is from Suleymanî or around Suleymanî..
Xoşim dewêy = I love you .. if he is from Hewlêr or around Hewlêr ..

tell him that a thousands of time :wink:
Image
Eî xuda bo waye çaw kejallekem
Boçî napirsê le derdu hhallekem
Min perêşanim weku egirîcekey
Boçî dûre boçî nayîte mallekem
User avatar
Lost
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Sîver gyan as you see I've written "Kêy" for both of the two ("who" and "when")...

In that case you will have to invent a new sound for "who" - because all the Soranî I've heard in real life and on TV has been K Ê and Y - not K E and Y...


Kurdish E is the same sound which can be found in words like "Bad" in English... In e.g. a deep E, not a soft E which is the type one finds in the word "when" in Soranî...

And I'm a dozen gazillion % sure of this - just pronounce the word to yourself, Sîver gyan, and you will see that you say "Kêy", not "Key"... Keep in mind: you musn't pronounce the word "Key" like it is done in English... Then YES it would be correct.

But not in Latînî Kurdî pronunciation...

Remember Sîver gyan, that many words are written the same way, but because of stress and intonation, one pronounces them differently... Examples of this phenomenon in English are:

Read = "I read now" & "I HAVE read"...

Lie = "I am lying down" & "I am lying to you"

Lead = "Lead" (the metal) & "I lead with great honour" - which are two different words written the same way...

But I am 1 000 000% sure that one says "Kêy" to both "when"/"what time" and "who are you" and not "Key" to "when"/"what time"...

@ the second word you pointed out...

Well when "Do you understand me" means "Do YOU understand me", doesn't it? I think the point she wanted to get through was: "Do you understand"... And "Têdegeyt" is enough, essentially, as I noted...

But of course, you are right - and I am not an expert on Soranî... So I bow to your native tongue... :D
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Of course birayê Sîver, min nazanim - you're the native speaker... I'm just going by what I heard of Soranî - which of course is very limited compared to you and other's in Başûr, çawim... :)


Hat's off to you brakem... :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Barış » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:35 pm

nuray wrote:my name is - mn nawm
what is your name? - nawt chiya?
where are you going? - bo kwe aroy?
where do you live? - lakwey azhit?
how old are you? - tamanit chanda?
where are you come from? - to xalky kweit?
do you understand me? - te agait?
i understand - mn te agam.
i dont understand - mn te nagam.

Welcome back, nuuray. :)
User avatar
Barış
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Barış » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:41 pm

How do you say in it Kurdish?:

I like that we are friends.

You have nice feelings.

I'd like to know you. ;)

Can you come?

I wait for you.

I'm waiting for you now.

When will you come?
:lol:
User avatar
Barış
Tuti
Tuti
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:48 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Nationality: Hispanic

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: nuray » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Diri wrote:Hello Allina :)

Here are the correct spellings of the sentences:


My name is = Nawim "..." e!
What is your name? = Nawit çiye?
Nice to meet you = Xoş halim
Where are you going? = Bo kwê deçît?
Where do you live? = Le kwê dejît?
Where is the shop? = Dûkan le kwê'ye?
What time? = Kêy?
How old are you? = Çend salît? / Temenit çende?
Where are you from? = Xelkî kwê'yî?
Who are you? = To kêy?
Do you understand me? = Min têdegeyt? / Têdegeyt? (Têgehiştî = DID you understand = past tense, not present)
I understand = Min têdegem / Têdegem
I dont understand = Min tênagem / Tênagem
Help me = Yarmetîm bide


There you go... I hope that makes it more understandable... Please check out the thread which explains the Kurdish alphabet... Kurdish "i" is not the same as the English "i", for example... Same goes for many other sounds/letters!

i see by your correct spellings that my sorani is very bad. i will remember to not give up my day job. :lol:
User avatar
nuray
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:23 pm

nuray wrote:
Diri wrote:Hello Allina :)

Here are the correct spellings of the sentences:


My name is = Nawim "..." e!
What is your name? = Nawit çiye?
Nice to meet you = Xoş halim
Where are you going? = Bo kwê deçît?
Where do you live? = Le kwê dejît?
Where is the shop? = Dûkan le kwê'ye?
What time? = Kêy?
How old are you? = Çend salît? / Temenit çende?
Where are you from? = Xelkî kwê'yî?
Who are you? = To kêy?
Do you understand me? = Min têdegeyt? / Têdegeyt? (Têgehiştî = DID you understand = past tense, not present)
I understand = Min têdegem / Têdegem
I dont understand = Min tênagem / Tênagem
Help me = Yarmetîm bide


There you go... I hope that makes it more understandable... Please check out the thread which explains the Kurdish alphabet... Kurdish "i" is not the same as the English "i", for example... Same goes for many other sounds/letters!

i see by your correct spellings that my sorani is very bad. i will remember to not give up my day job. :lol:



Hahaha :lol:

You used the English pronunciation of the words - not the Kurdish spelling, that's why it's very different... But you did spell them correctly for English pronunciation! :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Sorani sentences

PostAuthor: nuray » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Barış wrote:How do you say in it Kurdish?:

I like that we are friends.

You have nice feelings.

I'd like to know you. ;)

Can you come?

I wait for you.

I'm waiting for you now.

When will you come?
:lol:

chon ba kordi ayleyt?

mn haz akam bbin ba hawre.

to hastt naska.

mn haz akam btnasim.

atwanit beit?

mn chawaret akam.

esta chawaret akam.

kai yait deit?
User avatar
nuray
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Next

Return to Language

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], MSN [Bot]

x

#{title}

#{text}