Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Similarities between Hinduism and Ezidi

Discussions about religion.

Re: Similarities between Hinduism and Ezidi

PostAuthor: raman82 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:34 am

Well it is true most indian people are very dark skinned and skinny, because thats all they show on TV lol but in the northwest ( Punjab and Kashmir ) , they look virtually like Persian people , In kashmir and swat you see people with platinum blond and red hair but thats because very cold climates favour caucasian features . I have 2 cousins with blond hair , yes blond indians ( kashmiri) lol they do exist . Same thing you see in Iraq , people in the south are really dark and in the north ,lots are very light skinned . Kurds though are heterogenous that way , you see some brownish skinned kurds ,mostly olive skinned and then some really fair skinned kurds , so when they mix you get kids with different skin tones.But Ive noticed kurdish guys are rarely tall most are short or medium height, regardless of features. But again its genetics because in mountainous terrain , medium height tends to be more beneficial than tall stature. IN kashmir people in the mountains tend be medium height 5'7-5'9, while in the valleys they are tall ,which is where im from and im 5'11, my dad was 6'1 now he is my height because of age. Persians if you notices are usually tall because they live in the plains .
My sister is much lighter than me and she has green eyes . Lot of american people get shocked when I say im from india ,but in kashmir ,every other person has blue or green eyes, its very common, hence why it is called Sageer E Iran. Mittanis probably looked like you and me , eastern meditterenean looking . MIttani originate from Potohar and afghanistan .
raman82
Shermin
Shermin

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Hispanic

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:57 am

raman82 wrote:Well it is true most indian people are very dark skinned and skinny, because thats all they show on TV lol but in the northwest ( Punjab and Kashmir ) , they look virtually like Persian people , In kashmir and swat you see people with platinum blond and red hair but thats because very cold climates favour caucasian features . I have 2 cousins with blond hair , yes blond indians ( kashmiri) lol they do exist . Same thing you see in Iraq , people in the south are really dark and in the north ,lots are very light skinned . Kurds though are heterogenous that way , you see some brownish skinned kurds ,mostly olive skinned and then some really fair skinned kurds , so when they mix you get kids with different skin tones.But Ive noticed kurdish guys are rarely tall most are short or medium height, regardless of features. But again its genetics because in mountainous terrain , medium height tends to be more beneficial than tall stature. IN kashmir people in the mountains tend be medium height 5'7-5'9, while in the valleys they are tall ,which is where im from and im 5'11, my dad was 6'1 now he is my height because of age. Persians if you notices are usually tall because they live in the plains .
My sister is much lighter than me and she has green eyes . Lot of american people get shocked when I say im from india ,but in kashmir ,every other person has blue or green eyes, its very common, hence why it is called Sageer E Iran. Mittanis probably looked like you and me , eastern meditterenean looking . MIttani originate from Potohar and afghanistan .

Well it all depends - Kurds are as you say very, very heterogenous... Just look at me and my siblings - some are light and others a bit darker... Girls tend to be lighter no matter how dark the brothers are in general - and our girls tend to be shorter than the boys. Boys tend to be around 5'7-5'11... There are plenty of taller guys, though - one of the worlds tallest human beings is a Kurd for instance... Of course, due to him being a citizen of Turkey - he's counted as a "Turk"! :roll:

One can't speak of "Iraq" in that sense (ethnic variations) because one must separate between Kurds & Arabs... The reason why Arabs from Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt are lighter in general terms - is because they are realy Iranic and other non-Semitic people's who have been assimilated after the Arab invasion...

Now because of earlier slavery - you'll even find BLACK Kurds, yes BLACK! One of our resident members (nick "Kurdistani") has black African-Kurdish relatives... :)

My father has hazel eyes - my uncles have blue, green and hazel eyes... Because of genetics - the men in my family tend to get white hair much earlier than the general trend... My father's hair was completely white in the middle of his 30's... My grandfather's too - when he was in the end of his 20's...

I'm glad to say I haven't inherited that trait... That's thanks to my mom's family originally being of Assyrian origins (Semitic) (While my father's side is a mix of Greek and Kurdish) - although they've got plenty of blue/green-eyed and blonds on both sides...

It's funny how you call it Sageer-e-Iran - since "Sageer" is Arabic for "little"... Why don't you use "Kochele" or "Kochek" or some other form of the Persian word for small? In Kurdish - that would be Kûşke, Piçûk/Biçûk or Gîçke (for "Small"/"Little")...

There is an almost ancient Kurdish song - called "Lawkê Metînî"... I'd like you to listen to it... It's belived to be of realy ancient origins. Kurdish boys are often named "Mîtan", "Metîn" or "Mîtîn"... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: raman82 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:15 pm

YEah I went to Lebanon, 4 years back , they are not Arabs for sure , I was told crusaders came and raped a lot , so by other Arabs they are considered to be Salibis or Haramlas , they are mix of phoenician and crusaders and Greeks . While most people do look middle eastern , you see a good amount of European looking types , it looks odd , people who look like regular white people speaking Arabic LOL.
raman82
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:54 pm

raman82 wrote:YEah I went to Lebanon, 4 years back , they are not Arabs for sure , I was told crusaders came and raped a lot , so by other Arabs they are considered to be Salibis or Haramlas , they are mix of phoenician and crusaders and Greeks . While most people do look middle eastern , you see a good amount of European looking types , it looks odd , people who look like regular white people speaking Arabic LOL.

Yeah :lol:

And there are thousands of Kurds living in Lebanon too - about 50-60 000 in fact... :)

Now please check out the Kurdish music forum - I've posted a thread about Lawkê Metînî!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: sicpit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:13 am

most Lebanese that I have met consider themselves arab, although Christian Lebs often deny being arab. I don't peronally believe Lebanese are Arab, probably semetic though
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: raman82 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:27 am

Yeah they arent arabs , esp the christians , they are a mix of crusaders , greeks and the semitic people who lived there before arabs came and conquered them.
raman82
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: raman82 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:49 pm

After viewing photos and reading up some more on this faith , I must say im impressed with it . It contains strong Vedic elements but infused with Greek , Gnostic and Semitic traditions but over all its retained its Aryan roots. The peacock is a symbol of god , because of its beauty . They worship with the Argka with jyot and peacock on the top . cool
raman82
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: sicpit » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:04 pm

raman82 wrote:After viewing photos and reading up some more on this faith , I must say im impressed with it . It contains strong Vedic elements but infused with Greek , Gnostic and Semitic traditions but over all its retained its Aryan roots. The peacock is a symbol of god , because of its beauty . They worship with the Argka with jyot and peacock on the top . cool

Yes, that is why I have gravitated more towards Hinduism, I personally believe Melek Taus is Kartikeya
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: raman82 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:59 pm

Karthik right? He is Lord Shivas son. He is worshipped heavily in the southern part of India , in the north not so much , I worship Durga and Shiv mainly and shirdi sai baba. Lots of westerners pray to Shirdi too.
raman82
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: sicpit » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:03 pm

raman82 wrote:Karthik right? He is Lord Shivas son. He is worshipped heavily in the southern part of India , in the north not so much , I worship Durga and Shiv mainly and shirdi sai baba. Lots of westerners pray to Shirdi too.

Yea, he is the second son of Shiva, and he rides the peacock. I love Durga and frankly I think Durga worship and Kartik go hand in hand. Durga killed Mahishasura, and Murugan killed Tarakasura. Tarak could only be killed by a child(Kartik) and Mahisha only by a woman. I am also Love Kali, this is because much like Melek Taus she is misunderstood and called a demon.
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

Previous

Return to Religion