Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

UK is becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

Discuss about the world's headlines

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Haringey stabbing
three men knifed

Two men have been arrested after three males were stabbed in broad daylight in north London and rushed to hospital

Police were called to Langham Road in Haringey shortly after 4pm on Sunday to reports of a stabbing.

Scotland Yard said three males were found with stab injuries when officers attended.

They have not released details of the victims' ages or condition.

Footage from the scene shows several police cars at the scene and a police cordon blocking off the street.

Two men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

The pair have been taken into custody.

Police said enquiries continue.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/t ... 43381.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:13 am

Hillingdon Tube station:
Man stabbed to death platform

A man has been stabbed to death during a fight on the platform of a London Underground station

Police were called to Hillingdon station in west London shortly before 16:00 BST where they found a seriously injured man.

An air ambulance attended but the man, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.

British Transport Police said no arrests had been made and the station remained closed for investigations.

Det Supt Gary Richardson said: "This was a shocking act of violence which has seen a man tragically lose his life this afternoon.

"While we are at the early stages of our investigation, we believe a group of young men were involved in an altercation on the platform before one of the men received a fatal stab wound."

Danielle Foster, who was driving past the station at the time of the stabbing, said upon "hearing so many sirens, I knew something terrible had happened".

"Lots of people were being turned away from the station as it had been closed," she said, adding: "Then the police helicopter began circling the scene."

Transport for London said there was disruption to Underground lines at the station and buses in the area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49816105
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:17 am

Ealing Common:
Man stabbed to death

A man in his 20s has died after being stabbed in a fight near Ealing Common, west London

Officers from the Metropolitan Police were called to reports of a fight close shortly after 18:00 BST and discovered the man suffering from stab injuries.

Members of the London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance also attended, however the man was pronounced dead at the scene at 18:48.

His next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem will be held.

A man was arrested on suspicion of affray and was taken to a west London police station where he remains in custody.

Inquiries are ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to call officers on 101.

A section 60 order is now in place for the Hillingdon and Ealing areas until 07:00 on Wednesday, allowing the police greater search powers for a limited period.

This order comes after a murder investigation was launched when a man was stabbed to death on a train at Hillingdon station shortly before 16:00 on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49820555
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:13 am

Man dies after run over
chased, stabbed in Southall

A young man died after allegedly being mowed down by a car and then stabbed outside a milkshake bar during another weekend of bloodshed in the capital

Police and paramedics found the victim in his early twenties suffering from a knife injury in The Broadway, Southall, at 4am. He was taken to hospital and was pronounced dead 90 minutes later.

Scotland Yard confirmed one line of inquiry was that he was hit by a vehicle before being stabbed.

Witnesses told how the victim was pursued by his attackers after being run over near Studio 47 — House of Fashion.

Police at the scene in Southall after a man was found injured outside a shop and later died

One said: “The poor guy was hit by a car. He managed to get up again and try to run but he was being chased by two or three others on foot. He must have been stabbed after that.”

A stretch of the high street remained sealed off this morning with local buses placed on diversion overnight.

A blood-soaked shirt and trousers lay on the pavement on the corner outside Hamza Snack Bar, a late-night cafe that sells milkshakes and smoothies.

A neighbour said: “I heard a lot of screaming, one guy was shouting ‘come here, I’ll have you’. There’s always something happening here. The police try the best they can and move them on but they always bounce back.

“I feel so sorry for his family. My young nephew who lives with us isn’t allowed to go to the shops anymore. His mum says it’s too dangerous.”

The man is the 108th person to be killed in the capital so far this year. Former Wasps rugby player Allan Isichei, 69, was stabbed to death in the same borough last month.

The investigation in Southall was launched three hours after a 29-year-old man was run over and then stabbed outside Mile End tube station in east London. A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Separately, three teenagers — two aged 16 and one 15 — were stabbed in a knife fight in a high street yards from Turnpike Lane station at 4pm yesterday

Two 16-year-old boys were being questioned on suspicion of grievous bodily harm today.

The three victims’ injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Meanwhile, police continued to question three teenagers over the murder of Elton Gashaj, 15, who was stabbed to death at Salt Hill Park in Slough on Saturday

His mother, Vera Gashaj, said: “He meant everything to me. He was my baby. He was my superstar.”

Two boys aged 15 and one 17 remain in custody.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/s ... 44101.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Six friends targeted
by armed gang

Six gym-goers were set upon by more than a dozen thugs armed with knives as they returned from a workout in north London

The “burly” members of Dynamic Sports Academy were attacked by masked men as they walked through Finsbury Park to the station after a gym session.

One man told how three of the group were singled out and two had their phones stolen at about 8.30pm on September 16.

“They were targeting certain people in the group, they were targeting the smaller boys, the ones that seemed quiet,” he said.

He added that one of the friends fled the scene on foot after being separated from the others and held at knifepoint by the muggers.

“The boy that they pulled away by himself, they were threatening to stab him if he didn’t unlock his phone,” he said.

A Met spokesman said officers had received a report of a robbery by thugs on a bicycle.

He added: “The men intimated they had a weapon and demanded the victim hand over his phone before leaving the area.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/s ... 47356.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Graham Norton reflects on knife crime
after being left for dead in stabbing

Graham Norton has reflected on knife crime 30 years after being left for dead in a stabbing

In 1989, the Irish presenter was stabbed while walking in Kilburn in London by a group of attackers.

Graham, who was at drama school at the time, lost half of his blood and spent two and a half weeks in hospital after the brutal attack.

Speaking about the wave of knife crime in London, the 56-year-old said that everyone is a victim when it comes to stabbings.

He told The Mirror: ‘Because people are losing their lives and equally the kids stabbing people, their life is destroyed for nothing, for this stupid thing because they couldn’t get their heads around the consequences.

‘I think it’s a lack of imagination in the end, that if you had the empathy, that level of imagination to think it through, that the person you’re stabbing could be a brother friend sister, mother or father, you wouldn’t do it. Somehow people have been dehumanised.’

Norton added that a few years after he nearly died in a stabbing, he had a knife pulled on him outside a club, but said it was ok because there were people around.

Back in 2003, Graham opened up on his near-death experience, admitting that it was ‘touch and go’.

The star said: ‘It was very serious. It was a mugging, I didn’t even realise I’d been stabbed in that classic way, because your adrenaline is pumping.

‘I looked down, and I saw all this blood.

‘I lost a bit over half my blood. So it was very touch and go, I think.’

Six years later, he wrote for an Irish book: ‘Horrible, horrible, horrible as it is to contemplate, I was stabbed in the chest, at about 3am in the morning, Friday, 8th of July.

‘Needless to say, it was a bit of a waking hell. Everything dissolved into sheets of white, and waves of weakness swamped over me.

‘Not wishing to sound melodramatic, but I knew I was dying.’

An elderly couple discovered Graham in the street and saved his life by calling an ambulance.

Graham is back on our screens tonight as The Graham Norton Show returns to BBC One.

His first guests of the series are Dame Helen Mirren, RuPaul, Jack Whitehall and Simon Reeves, with Danish popstars Alphabeat performing.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/27/graham-n ... -10818580/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:34 am

Drugs, festivals and crime: Inside the
world of dealers and corrupt security

A security guard is filmed trying to smuggle drugs into a festival as part of a new BBC Three documentary

A BBC Three reporter is sitting in a car, holding a tennis-ball-sized package she’s just been passed by the man in the driver’s seat.

The man is a security guard who works at music festivals, and the package contains 500g of MDMA and cocaine.

In new BBC Three documentary Festival Drugs: Meet The Dealers, reporter Livvy Haydock finds out how some gangs try to get their product into festivals, and sees first hand what other substances are mixed into the drugs that people are buying there.

She meets a dealer who shows her on camera how he mixes rat poison with drugs he intends to sell, and follows two other dealers who smuggle their product outside the UK to sell at festivals abroad.

‘The Transporter’

Back in the car, the man Livvy is talking to calls himself “The Transporter”. She wants to find out just how easy it is for security staff like him to get drugs into a festival. Because it’s his job to search people, the Transporter isn’t worried about being caught himself.

“I’m a security officer,” the man, dressed all in black, replies calmly. “I’ll get it in.”

Bringing this package through the festival gates will make him £1,000.

When doing this type of work, the Transporter uses a fake version of the security ID that all staff have to carry called an SIA (Security Industry Authority) pass. He bought his for £300 from a black market seller.

He’s a real security guard, and works legitimately at multiple festivals across the summer. But the money he’ll earn bringing drugs into events for a gang far outstrips his hourly wage manning festival gates.

He turns up at festivals on days when he isn’t actually booked to work, relying on the fact that events are often under-staffed and require an extra pair of hands at the last minute.

Watching him slip the package into his pocket, Livvy notes that he hasn’t even bothered to hide it. If he’s caught with the drugs on him, he could be jailed for life.

“Why should I stash it? Nobody’s gonna search me,” he replies. “This is my job.”

The whistleblower

A different man who also works in festival security tells BBC Three just how easy it is to secure work.

“There’s so many big festivals all at the same time up and down the country, the big [security] companies, they don’t have the manpower,” he says. “They’ll subcontract big chunks to different people. They’ll put an advert on the internet and they’ll take anybody.”

Jobs are frequently advertised online at short notice.

“Social media is awash during festival season with people advertising for staff for festivals,” he tells Livvy. “You could get a job quite easily for a festival this weekend with very little checks.”

There are 400,000 active security license holders in the UK but there have been examples of subcontracted security companies supplying unlicensed guards to festivals. The SIA has prosecuted more than 30 people or security businesses in the last year.

Crossing the line

Livvy meets the Transporter again before he brings a package of MDMA, ketamine and cocaine into a London festival. He agrees to wear a camera as he walks through the gates with the drugs.

Asked what his plan is, he says: “I’m heading straight to the festival - I’m gonna blag it to come in.”

The Transporter is confident he won’t be searched and tells Livvy it will take him around 15 minutes to get onto the site.

The camera charts his journey as he wanders past security, crowds of ticketholders and groups of police, all with no problem. He asks a member of staff where the security office is but, as he arrives there, he receives a call from his contact in the gang. There's been a change of plan. He’s told the dealers aren’t actually on the festival site and he should leave the drugs at a cafe right by the ticket entrance instead.

His contact tells him to leave the package in the toilets but, when he enters the cafe, he sees they're closed off. He gets access thanks to his security pass, and the person on the phone directs him to go into the second cubicle and to leave the drugs in the bin.

Despite the fact the gang haven’t got the package into the festival, the Transporter has still earned himself £1,000.

Rat poison

Livvy meets with a dealer who calls himself Jacket. He’s been selling drugs since he was 15 years old and party drugs are his main product - meaning festival season is a very lucrative time for him.

Livvy wants to find out exactly what Jacket puts in the drugs he sells at festivals. At his house, Livvy watches him cooking up a mix of MDMA and mephedrone on his kitchen stove in a pan. He says he uses mephedrone, a former legal high that was banned under the 2016 psychoactive substances bill, to make the drug extra powerful.

But later on in the process, Jacket does something which shocks Livvy. He begins to crush up pellets of rat poison and add them to the mix. The chemical, designed to kill vermin, is commonly added to street drugs.

Livvy is concerned about the potential risks of this extra ingredient. “I can pretty much guarantee you when that’s in its proper container, it’ll say ‘don’t eat it, it’s not for human consumption’,” she tells him. “Does that worry you?”

Jacket says it doesn’t, and thinks that his customers wouldn’t care if they knew he added rat poison to the drugs he sells. His “cook” highlights what police and experts have known for a long time - that if you buy drugs, you can’t be sure exactly what’s in them.

Safety campaigners have called for more drug testing facilities to be made available at festivals so that people can find out what they contain. Last year, more than 8,000 people used such facilities provided by charity the Loop at UK festivals.

At least one teenager died in 2019 from a suspected drug overdose at a festival. The government’s latest crime survey found that Class A drug use had reached record levels in England and Wales following a slight rise. According to the Home Office, this increase is “primarily driven” by powder cocaine and ecstasy use among 16-24-year-olds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... 3daad6f174
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Scotland becomes first UK
country to ban smacking

Scotland has become the first country in the UK to make it a criminal offence for parents to smack their children

The ban on all physical punishment was backed overwhelmingly by 84 votes to 29 by the Scottish Parliament on Thursday afternoon.

The move will give children in Scotland the same protection from assault as adults when it comes into force.

Parents and carers are currently allowed to use "reasonable" physical force to discipline their children.

The smacking ban bill was introduced by Scottish Greens MSP John Finnie, a former police officer, who won the support of the SNP, Labour and Lib Dems as well as his own party and many children's charities.

Mr Finnie said smacking teaches children that "might is right", and that the ban would "send a strong message that violence is never acceptable in any setting".

He also said there was "irrefutable" evidence that physical punishment damages children, is not an effective form of discipline and can escalate into physical abuse.

The ban was opposed by the Scottish Conservatives, who claimed the bill was bad legislation that risks criminalising "good parents" for using "reasonable chastisement".

But the Scottish government's children's minister, Maree Todd, insisted that "loving parents" would not be criminalised.

Sweden became the first country in the world to ban smacking in the home when it outlawed corporal punishment in 1979 - with Scotland becoming the 58th to do so

Wales is also on the verge of introducing a ban - but there are not currently any plans for England or Northern Ireland to follow suit.

What physical punishment are parents currently allowed to use?

In Scots Law, all physical attacks on adults can be treated as assault - but children do not have the same protection.

This is because a person accused of assaulting of a child can claim a defence of "reasonable chastisement" or "justifiable assault" when they have used physical force as a form of discipline on children under the age of 16.

When deciding whether the chastisement was reasonable, the courts take into account factors such as the nature of the punishment, its duration and frequency, the age of the child and the effect - both physical and mental - it had on them.

In practice, this generally means parents are allowed to smack their children on the body - but blows to the head, shaking or the use of an implement are illegal.

All physical punishment in schools and other education settings is already completely banned.

How will this change?

Opinion polls have suggested a majority of people in Scotland are opposed to a smacking ban - with critics arguing that the current law is sufficient, and that the changes risk criminalising "good" parents.

But most of the responses to a consultation on Mr Finnie's bill were in favour of a ban, and the move has been widely supported by children's charities.

The bill will end the defence of reasonable chastisement, meaning parents could face prosecution for any use of physical punishment on their children.

This will give children the exact same protection from assault as adults.

The bill uses the same definition of physical punishment, sometimes referred to as corporal punishment, used by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child.

It includes hitting such as smacking, slapping and smacking with a hand or an implement, as well as kicking, shaking or throwing children, scratching, pinching, biting, pulling hair or boxing ears, forcing children to stay in uncomfortable positions, burning, scalding or forced ingestion.

How widespread is smacking anyway?

A report published by a group of Scottish children's charities in 2015 found that the physical punishment of children was more common in the UK than in similar countries such as the US, Canada, Italy, Germany and Sweden.

The researchers estimated that between 70% and 80% of parents in the UK have used physical punishment, with children aged between three and seven the most likely to be smacked.

They also found that many parents do not view smacking as a "good thing", but believe that sometimes it is the "only thing that will work".

And they said the use of physical chastisement has declined over the years alongside a shift in public attitudes, with "convincing evidence" that the decline has been steeper in the more than 50 countries around the world that have already banned smacking.

Research examining the views of children on smacking has suggested that it hurts and upsets them, and does not always stop bad behaviour.

What do opponents of the ban say?

Opponents of the ban say mild smacking does no long-term harm to a child, but many charities and educational psychologists disagree

A campaign against the ban has been led by the Be Reasonable Scotland group, which argues that the move - while well-intentioned - could do more harm than good.

The group argues that the current law only allows parents to use "very mild discipline" such as a smack on the hand or bottom - which would become a criminal offence in the future.

They say that the "unnecessary" changes will therefore do nothing more to help vulnerable children who are the victims of serious physical abuse, but will cause traumatic interventions in "good" families.

And they have urged the government to instead invest in social work and other services to improve their ability to identify and tackle genuine abuse.

What is the law elsewhere?

Parents in England and Wales can currently face criminal charges if they hit a child so hard that it leaves a mark, or causes bruising, swelling, cuts, grazes or scratches.

However Wales is close to an outright ban, with a bill currently working its way through the Welsh assembly that would remove the defence of "reasonable punishment" that has been in force since Victorian times in England and Wales.

There have been calls for England to follow suit, with the Association of Educational Psychologists saying last year that smacking is harmful to children's mental health and should be banned.

Northern Ireland has similar legal provisions to those in England and Wales, while Ireland banned smacking in 2015.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-49908849

The saying: "might is right" is correct, many violent youths were treated with excessive violence from parents

There are certain ethnic minorities who use excessive violence against their children

Some even use sticks or belts to install obedience in their children

Many children will be much to frightened to inform on violent parents
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Shopkeeper nearly died
after being slashed for 80p

A shopkeeper today told how he was “inches from death” after being slashed across the chest by a knifeman in a row over 80 pence in change

Sahin Erdogan, 41, was stabbed by a customer at his convenience store in Upper Clapton, leaving him with a wound that required a dozen stitches.

He has been left with a three-inch scar just below his neck by the irate customer who has not been traced by police.

He today urged the public to come forward with information after stating that he was “lucky to be alive”.

CCTV available of the suspect wanted in connection with the stabbing (Met Police)

The father-of-two said: “A few inches further to my neck and I may be dead today. Police need to catch this man before he does something worse to someone else.”

The attack on July 10 happened at the Star Market when a customer claimed he was due 80p change after paying for a drink with a £2 coin. Mr Erdogan disputed the amount used to pay.

In CCTV footage released by Scotland Yard the man can be seen becoming increasingly aggressive before trying to attack Mr Erdogan behind the counter.

Sahin Erdogan, 41, was stabbed at his convenience store in Upper Clapton

The shopkeeper and two others were able to bundle him out of the shop, but the man returned minutes later with a knife. Mr Erdogan said: “He came back in and started demanding his change again. He claimed I owed him 80p and he had paid me with a £2 coin but that was not true.”

After the man had run off, Mr Erdogan went back behind the till and tried to reassure customers. It was only then that he found out he was injured.

“One of the customers said to me ‘you’re bleeding’. Then I realised. I apologised to the customers and then my friends in the shop rang an ambulance.”

Mr Erdogan was left with a three-inch scar just below his neck

He added: “I was angry, 80p is nothing. I had been trying to get him out of the shop to not try and disturb our customers. I didn’t even see the knife. He just pulled it out and stabbed me.”

Police have released a CCTV still of a man wanted in connection with the stabbing. No arrests have been made.

Detectives appeared on BBC’s Crimewatch last Friday in a renewed effort to trace the man in the footage. A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers are keen to identify and speak to the man shown in the CCTV image who is thought to have been involved in this assault.”

Anyone who recognises this man or with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact officers in the Central East CID via 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting Cad 4702/10July.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/s ... 54196.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:42 pm

Please follow this link to find out what South London is really like

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-lo ... d-17041009

Almost ALL the violent criminals in this typical article are either BLACK or of NON ENGLISH decent

When they commit a crime I believe they should lose all right to remain in the UK

UK taxpayers should NOT have to pay to keep this scum in prison
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:25 am

The places knife crime
is rising fastest

The rate of knife attacks in some regional towns and cities is higher than in many London boroughs, BBC analysis of police figures suggests

Overall, London remains the most dangerous part of England and Wales - but data, obtained from 34 of the 43 police forces, shows the rate of serious knife crime offences rising sharply in some areas outside London, and outstripping some of the city's boroughs in places like the city of Manchester, Slough, Liverpool and Blackpool.

"We are suffering just as much as anywhere else," said Byron Highton whose brother Jon-Jo was 18 when he was stabbed to death with a sword and an axe as he walked home in Preston, in 2014.

"The whole country is suffering from knife crime, but small cities in the north like Preston get no mention."
16 of the top 25 areas are in London, 9 outside including City of Manchester, Liverpool, Slough, Nottingham, Birmingham, Blackpool and Oldham.

Under Freedom of Information Law, the BBC asked all 43 regional police forces in England and Wales for details of serious knife crime in their area.

Serious knife crime is defined as any assault, robbery, threat to kill, murder, attempted murder or sexual offence involving a knife or sharp instrument.

In Lancashire, the figures show knife crime has doubled in five years, rising from 455 offences in 2014, to 981 in 2018.

What is knife crime like in your area?

(follow link at bottom of article for interactive map)

Freedom of Information requests to police forces in England and Wales. Map built with Carto

Jon-Jo had survived a previous attack the year before when he was stabbed 24 times with a machete.

Byron, who has suffered from depression since witnessing one of the attacks, now works for Safety Guide Foundation, giving knife crime talks in schools across north-west England.

"Young people have a lack of respect for life," he said.

"The scary part is how bad is it going to be in 10 years if this generation isn't fixed."

Byron Highton witnessed one of the attacks on his brother.

Manchester, Liverpool, Slough and Nottingham are all in the top 25 most dangerous places in England and Wales for serious knife crime.

The safest areas with less than one crime per 10,000 people include Dorset, the Cotswolds, Monmouthshire and the Malvern.

In Scotland, police collect crime statistics differently, so there are no separate records for knife attacks. However, knife possession has increased in recent years, with more than 2,300 crimes reported last year.

The girl 'threatened with a machete'

It's not just young men who are affected. In Blackpool, students Keeley, 17, and Lauren, 18, have both been threatened on the estate where they live, with knives brandished in relatively trivial teenage disagreements.

"I got threatened with a machete in a park by a group of lads when I was playing football," Keeley said.

"They wanted to play in our half, but we said no."

Students Lauren and Keeley have both been threatened with stabbing near their homes

Lauren says she doesn't feel safe in the town: "Me and my mate were walking home and a guy came out and threatened to stab one of my mates."

In 2018, the resort had 14.3 serious knife crime offences per 10,000 people, putting it in the top 25 most dangerous places for knife crime in England and Wales, of the 275 areas which gave data.

Drugs gangs, school exclusion rates, poverty, unemployment and cuts to services have all been blamed for a rise in youth violence in towns like Blackpool and Preston.

Exclusion from school does not a cause children to become violent. In most cases children are excluded from school because they are violent and/or disruptive and out of control. They have to be removed for the safety and well-being of the teachers and other children

Last month, official figures showed eight of the 10 most deprived neighbourhoods in England were in Blackpool.

"There is a significant issue with county lines [drugs courier] gangs in Blackpool, and from that we are seeing that means a lot of young people are carrying knives," Ashley Hackett, chief executive of Blackpool Football Club Community Trust , told the BBC.

"We have an awful lot of children and teenagers who are living in deprivation and whatever way they can find to earn money and support households, legally and illegally, they are doing it. That includes drugs and knives," he added.

In 2018, almost half of all suspects in serious knife crime offences in England and Wales, were aged 24 and under.

Knife crime victims are mainly under 35. Perpetrators are also mainly under 35.

'Emotionally exploited'

The experiences of young women like Keeley and Lauren are becoming more commonplace.

Last year, 15% of knife crime suspects were female and, including those attacked in domestic abuse incidents, a quarter of victims of knife crime were women.

Dr Mike Rowe of Liverpool University, who has been observing police officers at work for the past six years, told the BBC: "Girls and young women are being exploited to carry weapons because they are much less likely to be stopped and searched by police.

"The attention on male suspects may lead to the deliberate recruitment of young women."

Anti-knife crime campaigner Lydia Lawrence, who has herself survived two stabbings by two different women, agrees that gang violence is on the rise, and girls with low self-esteem are being emotionally exploited.

Ms Lawrence, who's from west London, was first a victim of knife crime aged just 12, when she was cut on her face.

She nearly died when she was 21, after being stabbed through her kidney and liver.

Ms Lawrence, who was born in prison, excluded from school at 12 and homeless by 16, warned that girls from troubled backgrounds and broken homes are the most at risk.

Dr Rowe believes police responses to knife crime have been "seriously hampered by the cuts in the past eight years and more", contributing to a fall in the number of cases solved.

Knife crime has risen 81% since 2014. Cases where charges are brought has fallen 20%

He said that every time there is a stabbing, officers are pulled from neighbourhood teams to guard the scene as forensics are gathered.

"It's these neighbourhood teams that would normally be expected to gather the intelligence which investigations of knife crime and gang activity rely on.

"So there is a vicious cycle in which rising demands hinder the capacity to investigate those very crimes."

Assistant Chief Constable Jackie Sebire, the national lead in tackling serious violent crime at the National Police Chiefs' Council, blamed police funding cuts for the fall in charge rates.

"The large reduction in police funding since 2010 has meant fewer detectives with less time and a bigger workload taking on long investigations, meaning it can be more difficult to get a charge.

"In some cases police have fearful witnesses, and victims who do not feel able to engage with officers or the court process.

"This means there is little possibility of a prosecution.

"Some forces who have been given additional funding to tackle violence are using that to improve forensic capabilities, so even when the victim is unwilling to proceed, police can still progress a case."

A Home Office spokesperson responded: "We are taking action to tackle the violent crime which has such a devastating impact on our communities.

"This includes supporting the police by recruiting 20,000 new police officers over the next three years, making it easier for them to use stop and search powers, and investing £10m in additional funding to allow forces to increase the number of officers carrying Tasers."

Link to Article - Charts - Maps:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49923129
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:38 am

Three-week-old baby
dies after being stabbed

A baby boy has died in hospital following a stabbing in which his mother was seriously injured

Emergency services were called to an address in Wallsend, North Tyneside, at 2.15pm last Wednesday and found a 21-year-old woman and her three-week-old son with life-threatening injuries.

The woman is now said to be in a stable condition, but Northumbria Police confirmed on Monday that the baby had died.

Following the incident on Portland Close, Denis Erdinch Beytula, 27, was charged with two counts of attempted murder.

Detective Chief Inspector Dave Cole, of Northumbria Police, said: "This is a devastating time for the baby's family.

"Specialist officers continue to offer them support and I know the community in Wallsend are by their side too.

"It is impossible to imagine what they are going through and I would ask the public to continue to respect the family's privacy at this time.

"A man has been charged in relation to the incident and we will continue to work closely with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) as the case moves forward."

Beytula, of Portland Close, Wallsend, appeared at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court on Thursday, where he was remanded into custody.

He is now due to appear at Newcastle Crown Court on October 31

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/t ... 56066.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:51 am

Man charged over
stabbing of baby

Man, 27, is due in court charged with attempted murder after 21-year-old mother and her baby son were stabbed inside a flat

Denis Erdinch Beytula, 27, was charged after the stabbing yesterday afternoon

A woman, 21, and her three-week-old son, taken to hospital with serious injuries

The 'devastating' attack allegedly took place at a flat in Wallsend, North Tyneside

Beytula, who police say is known to victims, scheduled to appear at court today
A man is due in court today charged with attempted murder after the stabbing of a mother and her three-week-old baby.

The 21-year-old woman and her son were rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries following the alleged attack at a flat in Wallsend, North Tyneside, yesterday afternoon.

She is now reported to be in a serious but stable condition, but her baby has since died.

Denis Erdinch Beytula, 27, who police say is known to the victims, was arrested at the address and has now been charged with two counts of attempted murder.

Police remain at the scene of the alleged attack today, but have reassured members of the public that there is 'no wider risk' to them

Police hope the arrest and subsequent charging of Beytula will offer 'some reassurance to the public'. Officers are pictured at the scene of the alleged attack today

Beytula, who lives on the street where the stabbing took place, will appear at North Tyneside Magistrates' Court.

Police hope the arrest and subsequent charging of Beytula will offer 'some reassurance to the public' and said 'there is no wider risk to the public.'

Detective Chief Inspector Dave Cole, of Northumbria Police, said: 'This has been a very difficult investigation and I know the wider community are in shock.

'Thankfully the condition of the mother has improved over night and, although she is still in a serious condition, she is awake and talking in hospital.

'Our investigation will continue today but I hope the fact that a man has been charged this morning will offer some reassurance to the public.'

Police worked late into the evening, investigating the circumstances surrounding the stabbing - which left a mother and her three-week-old baby with life-threatening injuries

A security cordon was put in place following the alleged attack and officers are investigating what they say is an isolated incident. A police presence remains at the scene today.

DCI Cole said: 'I want to reiterate that this does not appear to be a random attack and that those involved are all known to each other - there is no wider risk to the public.

'It has also been a very traumatic incident for those officers who responded to this call. Together with paramedics they have saved the woman's life and give the baby a fighting chance in hospital.

'We are doing everything we can to offer them any support they need and I want to thank them for their quick response in very difficult circumstances.

'Patrols will continue in the Wallsend area today and anyone who has any concerns is encouraged to speak to our officers.'

Link to Article - Photos:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eside.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:54 am

Boy 16 knifed
in south London

A teenage boy is fighting for life after being stabbed in Southwark, south London

Emergency services were called to the scene in Druid Street just after 10pm on Sunday.

Officers and paramedics found a 16-year-old male suffering stab injuries.

He was taken to hospital for treatment, and the Met said he remained in a critical condition on Monday.

No arrests have been made.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/s ... 55986.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Two boys stabbed
in London attacks

Two teenage boys have been stabbed in separate incidents at London Tube stations

Trains did not stop at Woodford station, in north-east London, while emergency services dealt with a stabbing at around 5.30pm on Monday.

The victim was taken to hospital and treated after being stabbed in the back.

DI Nia Mellor, of the British Transport Police, said: “This was a violent assault committed during rush hour on the Tube network, causing great concern to members of the travelling public.

“Fortunately, the victim’s injuries are not life-threatening and he is in a stable condition.

"Officers will be at the scene today carrying our further enquiries and I ask any witnesses to please get in touch.”

A BTP spokesman added: "The victim, a teenage boy, suffered an injury to his shoulder and was taken to hospital for treatment."

The official Central Line Twitter account confirmed the station's closure, posting: "At the moment trains are not stopping at the station. This is while police respond to an incident.

"We’ll let you all know when the station re-opens and trains are stopping normally."

The zone 4 station was later re-opened.

Earlier on Monday afternoon, shortly before 4pm, officers from the Met police were called to reports of a stabbing at Upney Underground station in east London after a fight broke out.

The station was closed while emergency services attended the victim.

Barking and Dagenham police said: "Police called to Upney Underground Station at 15.46hrs today - two teenage boys were found injured. Both taken to hospital & one is being treated for stab injuries.

"We await an update on their condition.

"There have been no arrests. A crime scene is in place. Enquiries continue."

BTP were not investigating the Upney incident because it was not inside the Tube station.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/t ... 56671.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to World