Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Long Shot: My Life As a Sniper in the Fight Against ISIS

A place for talking about art such as Kurdish Movies, painting, sculpture, photography، novelist...

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Long Shot: My Life As a Sniper
in the Fight Against ISIS

by Azad Cudi (Author)

Please click to enlarge:

The incredible inside story of a Kurdish sniper in the battle against ISIS

As Syria imploded in civil war in 2011, Kurdish volunteers in the north rose up to free their homeland from centuries of repression and create a progressive sanctuary of tolerance and democracy. To the medievalists of ISIS, this was an affront, so they amassed 10,000 men, heavy artillery, tanks, mortars and ranks of suicide bombers to crush the uprising. Against them stood 2,500 volunteer fighters armed with 40-year-old rifles. There was only one way for the Kurds to survive. They would have to kill the invaders one by one.

A decade earlier, as a 19-year-old Iranian army conscript, Azad had been forced to fight his own people. Instead he deserted and sought asylum in Britain. Now, as he returned to his homeland to help build a new Kurdistan, he found he would have to pick up a gun once more. In September 2014, Azad became one of 17 snipers deployed when ISIS besieged the northern city of Kobani.

In LONG SHOT, Azad tells the inside story of how a group of activists and intellectuals built their own army and team of snipers, and then fought off a ferocious assault in nine months of bitter and bloody street battles. By turns searing, stirring, inspiring and poetic, this is an unique account of modern war and of how, against all odds, a few thousand men and women achieved the impossible and kept their dream of freedom alive.

Available from Amazon and all good bookshops:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Long-Shot-Snip ... 1474609775

Long Shot:
Is available everywhere including eBay and Booklist online
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Long Shot: My Life As a Sniper in the Fight Against ISIS

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:42 pm

I shot one jihadi when he was looking back at me

Interview with the Kurdish sniper who claims to have shot dead 250 ISIS fighters after leaving Britain to fight in Syria tells of his extraordinary experiences
By Rory Tingle For Mailonline

Azad Cudi joined YPG in 2013 and a year later found himself defending Kobani

He was struck by a rocket fired by an ISIS fighter and 'saw the colour of death'

Mr Cudi's claimed kills would be higher than Chris Kyle in film American Sniper
A former Kurdish asylum seeker has claimed he killed 250 ISIS terrorists while serving as a sniper with Kurdish forces in Syria.

Azad Cudi joined the YPG volunteer army in 2013 and a year later found himself among a 2,500-strong mixed male and female force defending the city of Kobani from 12,000 bloodthirsty jihadists.

Among brutal street-to-street fighting, the 35-year-old was struck by a rocket fired by an ISIS fighter. 'When I was hit I saw the colour of death and experienced its wild emotions,' he wrote.

Mr Cudi sought asylum in Britain aged 19 after fleeing conscription into the Iranian Army to fight against the Kurds - his own people.

When the Syrian revolution erupted in 2011, allowing ISIS to gain territory for its 'caliphate', he decided he had to return to try and save his homeland.

He began fighting as a sniper in 2013 after a brief period of training using old rifles and sights.

'I was defending my land, my people, civilians,' he wrote in an extract of Long Shot: My Life As A Sniper In The Fight Against ISIS seen by The Express.

He soon found himself facing crazed ISIS fighters high on drugs like ecstasy and carrying keys they thought would be used to gain entry to heaven.

Mr Cudi he killed 250 jihadists - while a fellow sniper shot dead 500.

If that figure is correct, then it is more than the number of kills recorded by US Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, which was portrayed in the film 'American Sniper'.

Mr Kyle killed 160 people - higher than any other US serviceman.

Now back home in northern England, Mr Cudi says he has increased his security in case he is targeted by ISIS sympathisers in Britain.

'There are sleeper cells which could be anywhere but I have my security and I am careful,' he said.

'I am lucky to be living in an open, democratic society and I appreciate my life in Britain.'

Mr Cudi was operated on after being hit by the rocket and has now recovered.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Syria.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Return to Art Cafe (Movies, Novels,Paintings, ...)