Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

UK is becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

Discuss about the world's headlines

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue May 08, 2018 8:04 pm

South Norwood William Hill robbed by man with a gun

A bookies in South Norwood was robbed earlier today.

Police were called at about 11.30am on May 8 to reports of an armed robbery in Portland Road.

A Met spokeswoman said: "It is believed a man entered the store and demanded money, while threatening the staff with a concealed gun, before fleeing the scene.

"There are no reported injuries and a crime scene is in place."

Witnesses have said that the shop which was victim of the armed robbery was the William Hill nearest Albert Road.

There have so far been no arrests and enquiries continue.

This is an all black area and violent attacks on local business happen daily, sometimes hourly.
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue May 08, 2018 8:21 pm

'Peace rally' sees hundreds march through Croydon streets

Hundreds marched down the streets of Croydon on the weekend, all in the name of peace.

As part of an "impromptu rally" on April 29, members of the Spac Nation church made their way through the town centre in an effort to highlight the growing youth violence problem plaguing the country.

Rhianna Taylor was part of the rally and said it was an important message they were spreading.

"Hundreds of us decided to walk down to Croydon after our church service," she said.

"As a church, birthed out of Croydon, we have taken a strong stance against youth violence over the years and offer the youth an alternative life to gangs and gun and knife crime."

An impromptu rally at Croydon today, hundreds of young people walked with me to Croydon before joining the peace rally. It’s refreshing to see young people respond this way after just a short announcement. Next Stop Brixton. #Brixton #FaithIsHigh pic.twitter.com/QGt4ZAaVql
    — Tobi Adegboyega (@TobiAdex_Online) April 29, 2018
Leading the march was the church's senior pastor Tobi Adegboyega.

He took to Twitter to share his excitement about the turnout.

"An impromptu rally at Croydon today, hundreds of young people walked with me to Croydon before joining the peace rally," he wrote.

"It’s refreshing to see young people respond this way after just a short announcement.

"Next Stop Brixton."

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/1 ... f=mr&lp=14

When most people think of a peace rally, they think of an international conflict such as Syria.

But people in places such as London live in fear of black gangs and now hold peace rallies against the black violence in English cities.

You may wonder why these problems are even mentioned here as this is a Kurdish forum - simple, everything the indigenous white population reads about ethnic minority groups is detrimental

As far as most white English people are concerned - they HATE ethnic minorities

The problems with black youths, is partly due to the fact that nobody was allowed to mention the growing violence within the black community because doing so was deemed to be racist. So the problems grew without anyone taking action 8-}
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 am

West Croydon stabbing: Man in hospital

Man stabbed outside West Croydon Train Station

A man is currently in hospital after being stabbed outside West Croydon station.

Police were called at about 6pm last night (May 8) to Derby Road and found that a 27-year-old man had been stabbed.

Although the injuries the man suffered are not being deemed life-threatening or changing, he is currently recovering in a south London hospital.

The two suspects fled the scene on a moped and at present, police have made no arrests.

If anyone witnessed the incident or can provide any information please contact Croydon CID on 101 and quote CAD 6738/08MAY18 or contact Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/1 ... ef=mr&lp=1

Derby Road, opposite West Croydon Station, contains a large, no go, black housing estate X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 am

The hero murdered 10 years on – for doing the right thing:

At 14, he saved a girl from a gang of rapists – then defied death threats to put them away. Then, after years of living in fear, he was gunned down in cold blood

Abraham Badru lived in fear of being killed after saving a girl from rape in 2007
    Police believe if Abraham hadn't intervened the girl would have died
    He was awarded a National Police Bravery Award and given a £500 reward
    His fears came true when he was murdered in East London in March of this year
    The 26 year old was the 10th person to be murdered in the Capital in just 12 days
    Abraham's mother revealed the threats he received before his death
Abraham Badru was stalked by the fear that one day someone would come after him.

He had spent more than ten years looking over his shoulder, fearful that someone would hunt him down and kill him.

He’d felt like a marked man from the moment he had stepped in and saved a young girl from being gang raped in 2007 when he was just 14.

Again when he gave his statement to the police, identified the attackers in an ID parade, and once more when he gave evidence against them at their trial.

The chilling late-night texts which followed, calling him a ‘dead man’, were almost expected.

Yes, people hailed him a hero: the trial judge gave him a £500 reward for taking the stand, and doing the right thing. He was awarded a National Police Bravery Award and got a standing ovation from senior officers at the ceremony.

Yet, all the time, the quiet, polite, churchgoer and university graduate instinctively felt that some day, somewhere, someone would try to kill him.

And on the night of March 25 this year, they succeeded.

Mr Badru, 26, had arrived at the address in Hackney, East London, he shared with his mother Ronke just after 11pm and stepped out of his car when he was gunned down by an unknown assailant.

A neighbour heard the gunshots and tried desperately to revive him, as did the police and ambulance crew who arrived soon afterwards.

While they fought to keep him alive, his mother, alerted by a neighbour, had to be restrained from racing to her stricken son.

Abraham died at the scene.

‘I ran to him but the police wouldn’t let me go to him,’ Ronke told the Mail in an emotional interview this week. ‘I was crying, screaming, for my son.

‘For ten years, Abraham was afraid that someone would try to kill him.

‘And now it has happened. I am empty. He was killed for being a hero. How can that possibly be right?’

Today, a large pile of bouquets and a photograph of a smiling Abraham Badru marks the spot where he died.

His murder comes in the midst of an unprecedented number of knife and gun killings in London.

At the time of his death, he was the tenth person to be murdered in the capital in just 12 days.

Among the rival gangs who are largely responsible for this epidemic of shootings, stabbings and general violence, killing has almost become normalised.

But Abraham’s only brush with gang culture was when he stood up to one — and saved a schoolgirl’s life.

The police later told his mother that without his help the 14-year-old victim would almost certainly have died in the attack on the Frampton Park estate that night in 2007.

Was his death foretold, as he believed?

One long-time community worker in Hackney says he is convinced it was. ‘This is the process, the protocol now — revenge,’ he told the Mail.

‘They have a code. Snitching is snitching. They are like a society within a society, with their own rules.’

Abraham’s mother certainly believes her son paid the ultimate price for his courage in saving that poor girl.

We met at Ronke’s house in Dalston, Hackney, where she lived with her son, and where he died just yards from her front door. Her sister and brother sat with her as she spoke, offering her their quiet support.

The estate Ms Badru lives on is, by day, a pleasant, well-cared for place, but by night, it is somewhere else entirely. People stay indoors, waiting for the next incident to unfold, praying it doesn’t involve anyone they love.

Abraham spent his early years living with his mother, a 50-year-old support worker for people with mental health issues, on the Frampton Park estate.

She had separated from Abraham’s father, Dolapo Badru, a Nigerian politician, but the boy remained close to his father and visited him during the holidays

A studious, well-behaved boy, and talented sportsman, Abraham knew some members of the Kingzhold Boys, whose single objective in life was to cause trouble and who ruled the estate — but he was not one of them.

On the afternoon of April 30, 2007, Abraham took a call from a friend inviting him to a party in one of the high-rise flats. When he arrived, however, Abraham realised this was no innocent party. Instead, he stumbled upon an appalling scene.

As he walked down a corridor, he looked into a flat where he saw, with horror, a young girl being raped — passed around like a piece of meat — by up to nine boys. It later emerged the rape had been punishment for ‘disrespecting’ 14-year-old gang member, O’Neil Denton, known as ‘Hitman’.

Apparently, one of the girl’s friends, who was going out with Denton, had talked of possibly ending the relationship and the rape victim had agreed it might be a good idea.

Later, Denton and his gang ambushed her as she walked home from school. During her two-hour ordeal, she was dragged around three separate locations and raped in turn by members of the gang, some as young as 13.

In an interview after the trial, the girl recalled: ‘One of the gang pulled out a knife and told me if I didn’t do what they wanted, they would stab me up.

‘They were pushing it into my throat. I was crying and pleading with them.

‘One of them told me to take off my tracksuit bottoms or he’d put me in hospital. I was shaking so hard. I was only just 14.

‘Mum had only just started letting me go out close to home on my own.

‘When I wouldn’t take my bottoms off, the ringleader punched me in the eye while the others kicked my legs and lower body.

‘They punched me, kicked me, smashed my head against the wall, stripped me and slammed me onto my back. They were surrounding me, laughing and whooping. There were so many grabbing at me, pulling my clothes off. I’d reached the point of giving up. I really thought I was going to die.’

Such was the fear that the gang inspired, that at least five witnesses did not stop to help. She was then taken to the flat in Hackney, where the assault continued.

The girl later recalled Abraham Badru arriving at the flat and telling her to run while he blocked the doorway to prevent the gang from going after her.

‘He seemed to command some respect from them — and he gave evidence at my court case,’ she said.

‘I’m so grateful he saved me.’

Abraham didn’t tell his mother what had happened — the first she heard was when police knocked at the door a couple of days later.

‘They asked for Abraham,’ she said. ‘He’d just come home from school. The police said a girl had been raped, but Abraham had not been among the gang who’d committed it.

‘He’d rescued the girl. If he hadn’t done what he’d done, the girl would have died.’

Telling his mother exactly what he’d witnessed that night, she recalled: ‘When he saw what was going on, he’d walked in the flat and mouthed to the girl, “Are you forced?” and the girl nodded.

‘She had tears in her eyes. He blocked the door while she ran out and then ran after her. As soon as they were a safe distance away, he told her to phone her dad and he came to get her.’

CCTV in the block helped the police in their investigation.

Abraham also identified the members of the gang who had carried out the rape, at an ID parade.

But in the run-up to the 2008 trial, Abraham received a number of threatening text messages, his mother says, from associates of the gang.

‘They were saying things like, they would kill him. He would be a dead man,’ says Ms Badru. ‘We had eggs thrown at the door.’

Abraham’s mother was, understandably, deeply concerned about the prospect of Abraham being a witness at the trial and initially expressed reservations about giving parental consent. But, she says the police said if she refused to give her permission, she would be charged with perverting the course of justice.

‘I thought I would probably have gone to prison — I had no choice,’ she says.

So Abraham gave evidence and, nine schoolboys, including gang ringleader O’Neil Denton and his sidekick Weiled Ibrahim, were convicted following the trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court in December 2008.

Denton and Ibrahim were locked up indefinitely. The other defendants received sentences ranging from two years and five months to nine years.

The trial judge gave Abraham a £500 reward for bravery.

The following year, Abraham received a letter from the police informing him he was to receive a National Police Bravery Award.

‘Abraham and I went to Manchester,’ recalls Ms Badru. ‘When Abraham got up to receive his award, the Superintendent, the Commander, everybody, were all on their feet.’

Around this time, the council moved Abraham and his mother to another address in the borough for their own safety.

Abraham, though, remained deeply fearful that one of the gang might try to take revenge, and it was for this reason that he moved to Bristol to continue with school studies.

After completing his A-levels at a college in Bristol, he took a degree in sports science at the University of Gloucestershire. This was followed by a masters degree in sports coaching in 2016.

When, last year, he successfully applied for a position as a sports team leader in Central London, house prices being what they are, he had no choice but to move back to the capital with his mother for a while, as he saved for a deposit on a place of his own. He was £3,000 short of the £7,000 he needed as a first-time buyer.

On the surface, life was good — he also volunteered for a London-based football charity — but he remained on edge. Then, not long after his return, the inevitable happened. He came face-to-face with two members of the gang.

The first time, he was at a nightclub, the second was at a gym in Hoxton. On both occasions he fled, deeply shaken.

Shortly after this, Abraham’s car was vandalised — the windscreen smashed and tyres removed. He could not believe it was a coincidence, he told his mother. He felt the gang was telling him they knew where he was.

The day of his murder, Abraham had spent the afternoon in North London with his father, who was visiting from Nigeria, and his half-sister, Wendy.

He arrived home shortly after 11pm and was opening the boot of his car when he was ambushed by a gunman.

A neighbour heard gunshots, rushed down to the street and found Abraham lying on the ground. They dialled 999 and then gave him CPR.

Ronke said: ‘I ran outside. The police were there and they wouldn’t let me near him. I was shouting, “I’m his mum”. I wanted to hold him and pray for him.’

‘I was taken off somewhere in a police car. I saw the ambulance go past. Then they changed me to another car. They put me in the back, between two officers. I kept asking, “How is he, how is he” and then the lady in the back with me said, “Madam, he didn’t make it”.

‘I jumped out of the car and I was rolling about on the ground. I wanted it to be me they’d shot. I remain empty inside.’

Last week, the coroner released Abraham’s body for burial.

His mother is now planning his funeral. Police are keeping an open mind about the motive for Mr Badru’s death. They have said revenge is an ‘active line of inquiry’ but the shooting could have been a case of mistaken identity or something unknown in his private life.

His mother believes ‘in her heart’, however, that the motive for her son’s death was revenge.

Police, who are offering a £20,000 reward, have appealed for witnesses who saw a cyclist entering an alleyway five minutes before the shooting. A man was seen running from the direction of the car into another alleyway and someone rode away on a bicycle with a white frame.

Abraham’s mother believes her son was let down, ultimately, by the justice system he so bravely stood up to support, as a scared 14-year-old boy who’d wanted to do the right thing.

‘The girl was given a new identity, a new life, she was protected, as was her right. But Abraham should have been given the same protection.

‘He was a victim, too.’

Link to Photos:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... thing.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu May 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Attempted murder arrest made following
South Ruislip stabbing near Asda

A man was arrested in connection with the stabbing of a 20-year-old man in Victoria Road on Tuesday night (May 15)

A man has been arrested in connection with a 20-year-old man stabbed in South Ruislip near Asda on Tuesday night (May 15), Metropolitan Police confirmed.

The victim was found with critical stab injuries in Victoria road at around 9pm.

He was rushed to hospital by London Ambulance Service where he is said to be fighting for his life on Wednesday (May 16).

His next of kin have been informed.

Metropolitan Police confirmed a man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the attack in in The Fairway, Ruislip at 12.30pm on Wednesday.

A Met spokesman said: "Police were called shortly after 9pm on Tuesday to reports of a male suffering from stab injuries on Victoria Road.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Boy, 16, stabbed to death outside McDonald's in broad daylight

A teenager was stabbed to death outside a McDonald's this afternoon.

Officers were called to reports of a 16-year-old who was found with serious injuries on Thursday at around 3.30pm, West Midlands Police said.

Police sealed off the town centre of Sutton Coldfield after the incident and despite the efforts of paramedics the teenager was declared dead at the scene.

A witness said the area was 'notorious for gangs' and a murder investigation has been launched by West Midlands Police.

A statement from the force said: "A murder investigation is underway after a 16-year-old boy has died following a stabbing in Sutton Coldfield this afternoon.

Despite the efforts of paramedics the boy could not be saved

"Officers were called after the teenager was found injured in Lower Parade at around 3.30pm.

"Despite the best efforts of emergency services the boy was confirmed dead at the scene.

"The area has been sealed off for investigations to be carried out."

Nigel Waldron, 54, told BirminghamLive: "I went out to get a cup of coffee and saw the ambulance and helicopter - I knew straight away it must have been a major incident.

"There were lots of kids hanging around. Everything was happening outside the derelict subway opposite McDonalds.

Chilling CCTV show thugs laughing and joking in McDonald's restaurant moments after killing teenage boy

"My office is only 200 yards from the scene."

He added: "I went out and saw the medics attending to someone around 3pm and they were there for about an hour.

"It’s notorious for gangs around this area. We’ve been doing what we can but it seems to be problem after problem. I feel desperately sorry for the kid and his family."

A 28-year-old bystander, who did not wish to be named, said: "I was at the gym and there were lots of police officers and I saw a helicopter and lots of ambulances about.

"I came out and I saw lots of people about. They were screaming, in shock and a couple of them were in tears as well.

"They were youngsters, they had just finished school, I guess, going to catch the bus to go home. They cordoned off the area."

Witnesses Joy Lynch posted on his Facebook page: “Was shopping in the Parade when this happened, there is no fear of being recognised and complete disregard for anyone else around.

“The area was packed with shoppers and school children waiting for buses.

"They (gangs) do not fear the police, so extra policing isn't the answer.

“I hope someone does know how to stop this as it's out of control.”

The Midlands Air Ambulance was called to the incident as paramedics battled to save the boy.

A statement from West Midlands Ambulance Service read: "West Midlands Ambulance Service can confirm that it was called to reports of a stabbing in Lower Parade, Sutton Coldfield shortly at around 3.30pm this afternoon (Thursday).

"An ambulance, a paramedic officer, the West Midlands Central Accident Resuscitation Emergency (CARE) team medics and the Midlands Air Ambulance from Tatenhill airbase were responded to the scene.

"Crews arrived to find a 16-year-old boy with serious injuries. They worked as a team to administer advanced life support on scene.

"Despite the tremendous efforts of ambulance staff, (the) boy has sadly died."

Tara McMullen, 27, said: "I’ve got a four year old and a six year old and I’ve moved from Erdington because I work be a safer.

"It’s terrible, I feel scared. That could’ve been anyone. I feel terrible the parents."

Police have urged anyone with information about the knife attack to come forward.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... h-12553009
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 am

Barking stabbing: Man, 24, killed in street

A 24-year-old man has been stabbed to death in east London.

Police were called to Crows Road, Barking, at 23:31 BST on Thursday and found the injured victim.

The Metropolitan Police said: "He was given first aid by officers prior to the arrival of paramedics but sadly was pronounced dead at the scene."

Formal identification is still to take place but the victim's next of kin have been informed. No arrests have been made.

This year, the Met Police has recorded more than 60 murders, of which 39 involved knives and 10 involved guns.

Earlier this month, an urgent investigation into the recent surge in violent crime in the capital was launched by members of the London Assembly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44164767
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri May 18, 2018 5:05 pm

This man, driving without licence or insurance

Ran into 5 people killing one of them and only got

FOUR YEARS

Drunk driver who had been awake for 22 hours fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into five people, killing one of them

An uninsured driver who fell asleep at the wheel whilst drunk before he mounted a south London pavement, killing a man and seriously injuring four others, has been jailed.

Nicquan Taylor, 24, of Etta Street, Deptford, pleaded guilty to one count of causing death by dangerous driving and three counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving at Woolwich Crown Court on April 19. A charge of driving without insurance lies on file.

At the same court today (Thursday, May 17) Taylor was sentenced to four years in prison for causing death by dangerous driving.

He also given three individual sentences of two years and eight months for separate counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

All sentences will run concurrently.

Taylor has also been disqualified from driving for five years and will be required to take an extended driving test when the disqualification is complete.
Nicquan Taylor had been clubbing in central London

Police were called at approximately 8.20am on Sunday, February 26, 2017 to reports of a Mercedes car in collision with a wall and a number of pedestrians outside a car wash on Bromley Road, Bellingham.

Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London's Air Ambulance attended and found a number of injured people who had been struck by the car driven by Taylor.

The car had mounted the pavement and hit the pedestrians before crashing into a wall.

Five people - four men and a woman - were treated at the scene before being taken to hospital.

One of the victims, Iulian-Claudiu Girdoc, a 31-year-old man who worked at the car wash, suffered fatal injuries and died in hospital on February 27, 2017.
Read More

The other pedestrians struck were a 35-year-old woman and three men aged 25, 26 and 46. They also worked at the car wash. They were all discharged from hospital following treatment.

Taylor attempted to flee the scene but was detained by people working there and an off-duty police officer.

He was arrested and taken to Lewisham Police Station.

Detectives from the Met's Roads and Transport Policing Command commenced an investigation which established the series of events which led to Taylor colliding with the victims. Taylor was charged on February 15, 2018.

Detective Constable Steve Cannings, from the Met's Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: "Taylor admitted falling asleep at the wheel.

"The investigation established he had been at a central London nightclub and he had been awake for 22 hours; he was also over the drink-drive limit. Taylor was clearly not in a fit condition to drive a car.

"This case highlights the dangers of not only drink driving but driving while tired.
Read More

"Some of the victims attended court and have expressed disappointment at the length of sentence handed down.

"Although nothing can bring back their colleague Iulian-Claudiu Girdoc; I hope they are able to find a degree of closure and are able to move on from what has been a very traumatic time in their lives."

Of the injured casualties, the 22-year-old man sustained a serious head injury. He has made a partial recovery.

The 46-year-old man sustained a head injury and serious leg fracture.

The 36-year-old man sustained various lacerations and bruising to the head and chest.

The 35-year-old woman sustained a serious head injury, and neck and pelvic fractures. She has made a partial recovery.

https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... ke-1580698
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 pm

The PKK is still classed as terrorists X(

Which would I rather see walking down the street towards me?

PKK supporters

Gang of black youths

Which of these 2 are the most dangerous?

PKK supporters

Gang of black youths

Which of the two terrorises innocent people?

PKK supporters

Gangs of black youths

Which group actually kill the most innocent people in Europe?

PKK supporters

Gang of black youths

ISIS

Which group receives the most adverse publicity?

ISIS

PKK supporters

Gang of black youths
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue May 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Man in his 20s is shot dead in a car parked on a Birmingham Street as police launch murder probe into ‘tragic waste of young life’

Murder investigation launched after young man found shot dead
    Police appeal for information after 'tragic waste of young life'
    Forensic examinations are underway and officers are speaking to witnesses
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found shot dead in his car in Handsworth in Birmingham this afternoon.

The man, in his twenties, was found in a car with shotgun wounds just before 5pm.

Nothing could be done to save him and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The area has been sealed off while forensic examinations are underway and officers are speaking to witnesses who were in the area at the time.

Detective Inspector Warren Hines from the Homicide Unit is leading the investigation.

He said: 'This is a tragic waste of a young life and my team will do whatever we can to bring whoever is responsible to justice.

'Our thoughts are with the young man's family and friends who have suffered an indescribable shock today.

'I would ask anyone with information to contact me on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.'

A neighbour, who lives in Upper Grosvenor Road said: 'It is really shocking.

'I am waiting to go into my house at the moment. Police are not really telling us anything at the moment.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ngham.html

Handsworth is a no-go black area of Birmingham - black people are killing black people all over England and nobody does anything to stop the decline
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 am

UK becoming 'cocaine capital' of Europe, warns minister

The UK "is fast becoming the biggest consumer of cocaine in Europe", the security minister has said.

Ben Wallace told MPs that technology was enabling young people to trade drugs, communicate in a safe space and make connections like never before.

He said he wished he had more money amid concerns from Labour MPs over police cuts.

Warning of more killings, Labour's David Lammy said ministers must ask themselves "do black lives matter?"

Calling for urgent action in response to the 67 murders in the capital so far this year, the Labour MP said the figure could rise to 100 by the autumn and he could not help thinking that more attention would have been paid if this level of violent crime was happening in a "leafy shire".

His comments came as MPs debated the government's serious violence strategy.

'County lines'

The minister said the ubiquity of smart phones and growth of encryption had, increasingly, cut out the "middle men" when it came to international drug-dealing.

"Young people have the ability to order drugs, and gangs have the ability to have delivered to their door large packets of drugs from Albanian or Serbian drug gangs, or indeed from local drug gangs," he said.

"That has put a real power into a system where at the same time the UK is fast becoming the biggest consumer of cocaine in Europe, so there is a high demand by the consumer."

Cocaine was, he said, no longer "the preserve of the yuppie or the rich" and its increasing use in rural communities such as his Lancashire constituency was causing turf wars between different criminal gangs as they sought to enforce their so-called "county lines".

"It is a high-margin, high-supply drug at the moment, and that is fuelling that increased violence.

"With those serious organised criminals...they don't just put a 15-year-old in a house or they 'cuckoo' the house; they provide a weapon to enforce the drug line.

"And sometimes, if the 15-year-old is not a willing participant, they will ruthlessly enforce that county line with violence, and they will kill those people and they'll kill the local drug dealers if they get in their way."

'Hidden in bushes'

Promising that new measures to crack down on the possession of knives and a consultation on extending stop and search powers would be brought before Parliament within weeks, Mr Wallace warned the UK could not "arrest our way" out of some of challenges it faced.

"I wish I had more money," he said. "I didn't come in here to cut things. There is sometimes a suggestion that we had a choice and we chose not to spend money."

Mr Lammy said demand for drugs was "driving violence" and young people living on estates were picking up knives not because they were gang members but because they feared for their lives.

"They are hiding them in bushes on the way to school and they're finding them on Saturdays and Sundays because they're scared," he said.

The Tottenham MP suggested there was a racial dimension to how the issue was being treated, questioning whether the authorities would be talking about awareness-raising exercises and funding for at-risk children if "50 or 60 white middle-class young people were killed in Surrey or Kent in the space of five months".

"This debate must also quite properly, as it has already done, land on the issue of whether in fact black lives matter in this country.

"If we don't solve this problem by the autumn we will be over 100 - you heard it here first - young people, more than New York, dead in this country.

"Do black lives matter or not? That is the question for the minister."

His colleague Lyn Brown said for the past year her East Ham community had been "haunted" by violence as she read out the names of the nine young people killed since the start of 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44215983
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat May 26, 2018 2:42 am

Man stabbed in Croydon town centre

Appeal for witnesses to Croydon stabbing

Police are appealing for information after a man was stabbed in Croydon town centre.

Police were called to a south London hospital just after 4am on Sunday where a 21-year-old man has presented himself, suffering a stab wound.

The victim has since been discharged.

Officers have established that he and his friend were involved in an altercation with 10 suspects at approximately 3.15am whilst they were walking along Katharine Street at the junction with High Street.

His friend was punched before the victim was stabbed in the leg.

Detective Constable Chris Dimmer, said: “Although this assault happened in the early hours of the morning, it took place in a busy area of Croydon town centre.

“I’m sure there would have been other people in the area, who may have either seen the assault, or a large group hanging around.

“I would also like to appeal to any motorists, including cab drivers, with dash cam footage who were driving close to the High Street to come forward.”

There have been no arrests and enquiries continue

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/1 ... ef=mr&lp=6
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat May 26, 2018 2:51 am

Part of Surrey Street in Croydon town centre cordoned off by police

A man has been rushed to hospital this evening

A man has been rushed to hospital this evening (Friday, May 25) after emergency services were called to reports of a fight in Croydon town centre.

Part of Surrey Street, which is home to the town's historic market, has been cordoned off while police investigate the brawl.

London Ambulance Service paramedics were first to be called to the scene and as they treated the victim they called in police.

A Met Police spokeswoman said that they were called at 9.08pm, with the injured man reportedly in his 30s.

At this time there are no details on how many people were involved in the fight.

Police are awaiting an update on the injured man's condition.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat May 26, 2018 3:00 am

Arrest made as huge knife found in South Croydon after 'brawl involving hundreds of schoolchildren'

Police have made an arrest after a huge knife was found in South Croydon following reports of a fight involving “hundreds” of schoolchildren, described by witnesses as sounding like a “herd of elephants”.

Metropolitan Police officers were reportedly called to a group of people fighting near to Haling Grove park at around 4pm on Thursday, with witnesses reporting “hundreds of kids” involved.

One man was arrested and a large knife was recovered by Croydon police officers, although details of the arrest, beyond that it was a male arrested, and information on the fight is yet to be provided by police.

Sarah Rose, who lives in South Croydon, saw the incident unfold.

Gun and knife crime

The 34-year-old said: “I was at home [and] heard a sound like a herd of elephants and saw hundreds of kids running down my road. Police [were] walking behind them and then I heard sirens.”

She added that she saw children running near to Hailing Grove park, down Tirlemont Road and onto St Augustines Avenue.

“It is worrying. Especially as I have two boys - they're only young now but I really dread to think what will happen when they're teenagers.

“I'm so gutted about how Croydon is going, [I’ve] lived here my whole life and I seem to read about teen stabbings so frequently. It's shocking.”

Chanel Evelyn, 25, who lives in South Croydon near to Haling Park, was on the 455 bus on her way home when she got off at a bus stop on Pampisford Road.

“I crossed over,” she said. “I was unsure of what was going on but there were boys crowding another boy. I saw a teacher up ahead so I walked quickly to tell him.

“It looked like a fight was about to kick off.”

Chanel called it “shocking behaviour” and said she was horrified over the large knife being found.

When asked if something needs to be done to combat knife crime in the borough, she said: “Yes of course it does. My friend died from knife crime in 2007. I feel strongly about this like whatever happened to fighting with your hands like real people?

“It’s not cool or fun. It’s every other day now a story pops up [about] knife crime in this area.”

Croydon MPS, who provide regular policing updates for the town, tweeted a picture of the “large knife” on

Reacting to the picture of the knife, Twitter user David Dennis said: “That's a scary knife. I don't understand why these youths want to kill each other.”

User LorraineB added: “That's a friggin sword! Good job @MPSCroydon and thank you.”

The Advertiser has contacted Met Police to ask them to provide further details on the fight and arrest, but have not yet received a reply.

https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... nd-1557321
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:17 am