Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Food and Health Room

a place for talking about food, specially Kurdish food recipes

Re: Food Room

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am

Londoner wrote:Good meals except the madeline, sugar, chicken and the worst of all the old leftover bavarois, which must have become highly oxidised.

What is wrong with eating chicken?

I always thought that chicken was a reasonably healthy thing to eat - unless you are the chicken

I never eat red mest but live on chicken and fish :D
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Chicken breast are full of proteins with not fat. But chicken leg with skins and bones are tasty, yummy, and fat Of course it is the best to eat :lol:

the best way to cook a fish is to put it in the oven with lemon juice. Then you eat it with a few olive oil. Since I spent so much time in Efrîn, I consider olive oil as the best one.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Here is a video showing how to measure the waist. They say that we should have in waist the half of cm than our heigh :(

Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

I do not have a tape measure

ALL my clothes have elastic waists :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:48 pm

I come back late at home. Hungry. As my vegetable soup is not still ready, I eat saucisson. Saucisson is my own Cadburry God. :p
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Piling wrote:I come back late at home. Hungry. As my vegetable soup is not still ready, I eat saucisson. Saucisson is my own Cadburry God. :p

Were they made out of Babe :((

Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Cadburry is made with MILK so a nice little innocent calf is taken to his Mum, I suppose :D
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Piling wrote:Cadburry is made with MILK so a nice little innocent calf is taken to his Mum, I suppose :D

:ymtongue:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Piling wrote:Chicken breast are full of proteins with not fat. But chicken leg with skins and bones are tasty, yummy, and fat Of course it is the best to eat :lol:

the best way to cook a fish is to put it in the oven with lemon juice. Then you eat it with a few olive oil. Since I spent so much time in Efrîn, I consider olive oil as the best one.

What is the news from Efrin? R U on the front line?

Good fish cooking!!! provided you don't over cook it. I steam my fish, after that I add fresh lemon juice to it.

The only good oil is fish oil when consumed with the fish, which is fresh, not old and not exposed to air a lot. Unfortunately all types of oil, including extra virgin olive oil are bad. This is because they become oxidised quickly and a lot. I myself use extra virgin olive oil but I don't let it oxidised. I buy it from a half litre plastic bottle. After taking out the amount of oil I need, before closing the bottle, I squeeze the bottle to get rid of the all air inside the bottle and close it. In this way no air goes into the bottle. So no oxidisation occurs. Oxidisation means it rusts or become free radicals. Each cell of our body creates free radicals as a by product of maintaining our life. At the same time our enzyme source has to create immune enzymes to neutralise free radicals. So when we eat oxidised food we add extra burden on our source enzyme.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Londoner wrote:
Piling wrote:Chicken breast are full of proteins with not fat. But chicken leg with skins and bones are tasty, yummy, and fat Of course it is the best to eat :lol:

What is the news from Efrin? R U on the front line?

Good fish cooking!!! provided you don't over cook it. I steam my fish, after that I add fresh lemon juice to it.

The only good oil is fish oil when consumed with the fish, which is fresh, not old and not exposed to air a lot. Unfortunately all types of oil, including extra virgin olive oil are bad. This is because they become oxidised quickly and a lot. I myself use extra virgin olive oil but I don't let it oxidised. I buy it from a half litre plastic bottle. After taking out the amount of oil I need, before closing the bottle, I squeeze the bottle to get rid of the all air inside the bottle and close it. In this way no air goes into the bottle. So no oxidisation occurs. Oxidisation means it rusts or become free radicals. Each cell of our body creates free radicals as a by product of maintaining our life. At the same time our enzyme source has to create immune enzymes to neutralise free radicals. So when we eat oxidised food we add extra burden on our source enzyme.

@ Londoner

I am often taken out for meals - going out to dinner is my main social life :D

What do you eat when you are in restaurants ?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Efrîn is quiet if we compare with Kobanî or Cizirê : ISIS is not there, people are just living under PYD rule, and they are surrounded between FSA and Baath. They are isolated, because Aleppo is bad. But I will have more news at the end of the week : I prepare a conference with Syrian Kurds about olive oil in Efrîn and how people there continue to make 'Aleppo soap' even if they can't sell it in Aleppo (in fact this soap is half Kurdish). So I will have more news soon :

http://www.institutkurde.org/activites_ ... t_395.html

Concerning the olive oil, I buy it in a tainted glass bottle ( it is recommended to not let the oil under a strong light, so the glass is green) ; my bottle is very small, but in Syria, it is sold in big iron jerrycans (probably 5 l or more)… all the jerrycans end their live as flowers boxes.

People from Efrîn are experts in oil. They can taste it by sipping it, watch it in a glass, and tell if it is a good oil or not. They are like French ppl with their wine.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Piling wrote:Efrîn is quiet if we compare with Kobanî or Cizirê : ISIS is not there, people are just living under PYD rule, and they are surrounded between FSA and Baath. They are isolated, because Aleppo is bad. But I will have more news at the end of the week : I prepare a conference with Syrian Kurds about olive oil in Efrîn and how people there continue to make 'Aleppo soap' even if they can't sell it in Aleppo (in fact this soap is half Kurdish). So I will have more news soon :

Concerning the olive oil, I buy it in a tainted glass bottle ( it is recommended to not let the oil under a strong light, so the glass is green) ; my bottle is very small, but in Syria, it is sold in big iron jerrycans (probably 5 l or more)… all the jerrycans end their live as flowers boxes.

People from Efrîn are experts in oil. They can taste it by sipping it, watch it in a glass, and tell if it is a good oil or not. They are like French ppl with their wine.

I am trying to obtain some Aleppo to sell in UK but no luck so far :(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 am

Thinking about diets, I believe that Indians with Ayurveda or Chinese physicians with their notions of yin/yang are in the truth concerning the specificity and the individual cases that we are all. Some people need more carb, vegetables, sweets, and dislike meat, spices, etc. Some love fat and hate sugar (my case).

In other ways, all physicians say that women need more dairy because of menopause than men. I say also that we are inclined to need blood and iron.

So I think that we have to find which sort of diet is good for US as single person and try what makes us well. Our own body knows better than our nutritionist. The old adage 'We are what we eat' should be reverse : 'We eat what we are'.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Anthea wrote:
@ Londoner

I am often taken out for meals - going out to dinner is my main social life :D

What do you eat when you are in restaurants ?

Lucky you!!! enjoying restaurant food, others pay. In my case it is opposite; I pay others enjoys. Usually I ask some thing made similar to vegetarian meal.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Londoner » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Piling wrote:Efrîn is quiet if we compare with Kobanî or Cizirê : ISIS is not there, people are just living under PYD rule, and they are surrounded between FSA and Baath. They are isolated, because Aleppo is bad. But I will have more news at the end of the week : I prepare a conference with Syrian Kurds about olive oil in Efrîn and how people there continue to make 'Aleppo soap' even if they can't sell it in Aleppo (in fact this soap is half Kurdish). So I will have more news soon :

Good luck with the conference.

Please can you give us the recipe for Aleppo soup. I hope it doesn't include frying.

Olive oil get oxidised in glass bottles or cans. Each time you take out oil, air replaces oil. This air is fresh and contain oxygen, which oxidises the oil. Buy your oil inside plastic bottles. Each time you take out oil, squeeze the plastic to push all air out and then close the bottle.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PreviousNext

Return to Food