Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Food and Health Room

a place for talking about food, specially Kurdish food recipes

Re: Food Room

PostAuthor: Londoner » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Piling wrote:Well I continue my dangerous life :

I drink a lot of water, sometime amore than 2 liters per day, but never during meal. Even the wine, I drink it after the meal, generally (except during big French feasts meals, with our 4 or 5 different wines in one meal).

Breakfast :

Coffee, sugar, a slice of bread (house made whole meat bread), butter, Brie (40 g). 10 g of dark chocolate (begin to be fed up with all the chocolate :( )

Lunch :

Sole with lemon and soja sauce, salad of cauliflowers, 10g of chocolate.

Snack :

a cup of tea with licorice and cinnamon flavor (sugarless).

Dinner :

Eggplants and tomatoes gratinées with mozzarella, smoked raw ham, 10 g of chocolate, 2 glasses of wine.

+ 30 mn of yoga, and might be 6000 steps.
'

Drink water or any liquid at least one hour before the meal and at least two hours after the meal. If you can don't drink after the meal until one hour before the next meal.

I drink at least three litres of ionised water a day. Every day use manoka honey 15+ with cinnamon with my breakfast.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Londoner » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Piling wrote:Raw ? lol no. I cook them with water in the micro wave oven, and then eat them colder with the sole and a sauce of cottage cheese and lemon.

But may be @Londoner will tell us that a RAW cauliflower is good and a cooked one a poison :-D

Steam your vegs, don't microwave them but don't overcook it. Raw vegs is better than cooked ones, because when you cook vegs you kill all enzymes. Try to steam your veg for around 3 minutes or until tender enough. Don't steam it more than 5minutes.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Londoner » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:51 pm

Piling wrote:It would be interesting if Londoner post as we do a 'typical menu' for all the day according to his method.

Well let me to give you my personal menu:

Breakfast:

1- Over half litre ionised warm after.
2-After half an hour I eat fresh fruit mainly melon or water melon. Some times I add to it nectarine or grape or strawberry.
3- After another half hour, I eat whole grain porridge mixed with sesame seed, manoka honey, cinnamon, Extra vergin olive oil, fresh garlick, red onion.
4- After two hours I drink over half litre ionised water.

Lunch:
1- Over half litre ionised water.
2- after half an hour I eat fresh fruit.
3- After half an hour I steam variety of fresh vegetables and mix them with the same amount of raw vegetables. I also cook some whole grain foods brown rice or burghal and mix them with my vegs and eat them.
4- after two hours I drink over half litre of ionised water.

super:
1- I drink over half litre ionised water.
2-After half an hour I eat fresh fruit.
3- After half an hour I eat a special sweet with two slices of whole grain bread. I make this sweet from the fresh, it is made up of soft dates, walnut, peanut, cashew, sesame seed, extra vergin olive oil, fresh garlic, red onion. This followed with row vegs.
4-After two hours I drink over half litre of ionised water.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 am

Londoner wrote:Well let me to give you my personal menu:

Breakfast:

1- Over half litre ionised warm after.
2-After half an hour I eat fresh fruit mainly melon or water melon. Some times I add to it nectarine or grape or strawberry.
3- After another half hour, I eat whole grain porridge mixed with sesame seed, manoka honey, cinnamon, Extra vergin olive oil, fresh garlick, red onion.
4- After two hours I drink over half litre ionised water.

Lunch:
1- Over half litre ionised water.
2- after half an hour I eat fresh fruit.
3- After half an hour I steam variety of fresh vegetables and mix them with the same amount of raw vegetables. I also cook some whole grain foods brown rice or burghal and mix them with my vegs and eat them.
4- after two hours I drink over half litre of ionised water.

super:
1- I drink over half litre ionised water.
2-After half an hour I eat fresh fruit.
3- After half an hour I eat a special sweet with two slices of whole grain bread. I make this sweet from the fresh, it is made up of soft dates, walnut, peanut, cashew, sesame seed, extra vergin olive oil, fresh garlic, red onion. This followed with row vegs.
4-After two hours I drink over half litre of ionised water.

Looks very healthy :D

I like at least 2 cups of my favourite black tea each day

I find it rather difficult to have meals at set times

if I am researching something or doing some work I often work well into the night

Now 02:10 (or 2am) and I am about to eat again :D
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Piling » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 am

wow, seems terribly ascetic. The Dalai Lama should be a glutton beside of you… So you eat only fruits, vegetables and cereals. A true veggie diet. You don't lack of vitamins or iron ?

You ar NEVER hungry ? :?

What is exactly ionized water ?

Yesterday, I came back late at home because I had work. So I was hungry and my headache did not cease. So, waiting for my chicken and my soup were ready, I ate a BIG portion of Brie and ham.

And my headache STOPS immediately :p

When I don't eat enough, I have that sort of headache. I am not good for ascetic life.

So today, no headache :

Breakfast :

Coffee with sugar and 2 spoons of chocolate powder (sugarless), a slice of bread, butter, goat cheese (40 g), 1 carré de chocolat (dark with orange confite in it).

Lunch :

A pork chop (or veal I don't know it is still frozen), vegetable soup (thick soup, perhaps it is better than a very liquid ?). 1 carré de chocolat.

Dinner :

Vegetable soup, rice, soja sauce, 1 carré de chocolat, 2 glasses of red Bordeaux.

Saturday I will check my weight. But in that time of the month, I take 2 kg of liquid, that's women's life. We need special diet.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Londoner » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:10 am

In addition to my daily diet routine, I chew each bite of my food until melts in my mouth. Before reading 'The Enzyme Factor' I used to finish my porridge breakfast within ten minutes, now it takes me over half an hour. Dr Hiromi recommends at least 30 to 50 times chewing per each bite for a healthy person and 70 times for his patients. This is to mix the food with saliva because our saliva helps to digest the food and has immunizing property. The most important thing is for the food completely digested before it reaches the colon. Undigested food in the colon causes most of the major diseases including cancer. It ferments to create poisonous gas and free radicals, a sort of poison. From my experience before discovering the benefits of chewing a lot, my intestine used to make a lot of very stinky air. Most of the time I had to keep it inside or hide to release it. When I was going to toilet I couldn't bear my own stinks. This was a major sign that my food was not getting digested completely. But now hardly I feel any winds in my intestines and when I go to toilet I feel some smell but not so bad. It is very interesting Dr Hiromi claims you expect this improvement after 6 months but in my case I could say it was within the first week.

I have noticed other improvements. Now my nose doesn't get congested like before and I could claim that I will not get flues and chest infections any more like before.

Unfortunately too much black tea is too bad and has cancerous property. I was drinking tea too much before. But now not more than half a cup of weakly brewed tea with my meals. Dr Hiromi recommends if you can not do without tea, drink a small cup after your meal immediately.

Ionised water is similar to ionised air. Very long ago I remember one could buy air ionisers in any shops. But now you can not find them, they just disappeared. I think I still have the last one I bought but forgot to use it any more. It was an electrical equipment with a fan blowing air over a negatively charged electrified element. So air molecules getting extra electrons to become ionised. It claimed it has health benefits. The same thing happens with water molecules with water ionisers.
Dr Hiromi recommends it as some thing very healthy and important to cleanse your body on a daily routine.

Be warned there are hard sellers around to sell electrical water ionisers for around £3500.00. Online I found a cheap water ioniser for £39.00 but I am not sure if it ionises my water but I am sure it lowered my blood pressure by as much as 5 to 10 points. Before my blood pressure was fluctuating between 130+ and 115. Now it is hardly over 120, most of the time it is bwteen 120 and under 110, that is very good for me.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:36 am

That's true : if you chew and eat slowly, your brain has time to got the message "I had enough'.

Lost 1 kg. Don't know if it is blood or fat.

Breakfast :

Coffee, chocolate, bread and goat cheese and butter.

Lunch :

sole, spinach.

Dinner :

Omelette, salade of lettuce, goat cheese, 2 pastis.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 am

Piling wrote:That's true : if you chew and eat slowly, your brain has time to got the message "I had enough'.

Breakfast :

Lunch :

sole, spinach.

Dinner :

Have you stopped eating chocolate before and after each meal?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 am

Express

A banana a day can help keep strokes at bay

TUCKING in to a diet packed with bananas and other potassium-rich foods can dramatically lower the risk of stroke, according to new research.

A team from the US have discovered people who have high levels of potassium in their daily diet are far less likely to suffer the deadly brain attack.

It means people could protect themselves from suffering a disability and often deadly stroke simply by ensuring they eat plenty of bananas, white and sweet potatoes and white beans.

The research, carried out in post-menopausal women, showed that those who ate the most potassium were 12 per cent less likely to suffer stroke in general and 16 per cent less likely to suffer an ischaemic stroke than those who ate the least.

Eating the most potassium also made them 10 per cent less likely to die.

Dr Sylvia Wassertheil-Smoller, study senior author from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York, said: "Previous studies have shown that potassium consumption may lower blood pressure. But whether potassium intake could prevent stroke or death wasn't clear.

"Our findings give women another reason to eat their fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are good sources of potassium, and potassium not only lowers postmenopausal women's risk of stroke, but also death."

Full interesting article:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/hea ... kes-at-bay
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Anthea wrote:
Piling wrote:That's true : if you chew and eat slowly, your brain has time to got the message "I had enough'.

Breakfast :

Lunch :

sole, spinach.

Dinner :

Have you stopped eating chocolate before and after each meal?

No, the problem is that I OFTEN forget to start a meal with chocolate, but I end with it (and I don't like it much :sad: )
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Piling wrote:...the problem is that I OFTEN forget to start a meal with chocolate, but I end with it (and I don't like it much :sad: )

Thank you for testing the diet out :ymdevil:

Now I know that it is not exactly enjoyable - I will not try it myself =))
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Well perhaps you would LOVE to eat chocolate, but I would rather that someone invents a Saucisson'Diet'.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:50 am

Lazy day, that's saturday…

Brunch :

Coffee, cottage cheese and honey, 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of ham.

Light Lunch :

Salad of tomatoes and calamars.

Snack :

An ice cream stays from my holidays time. I might it eat, as a definitive farewell to summer.

Dinner :

Stuffed eggplants, salad of lettuce, 2 pastis or 2 whiskies.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Yesterday I had my favoured but the worst food, which I have given up, after work because I was very hungry and couldn't control my self. It was chips with curry sauce. After 20 minutes I felt I was full up but too greedy to stop and throw the rest. I continued to eat the rest. It took me at least 40 minutes to finish the rest. It took me too long because I was chewing each mouthful until the food melted in my mouth. If some one is not greedy but fat, can reduce his or her weight by chewing too much because before you reach to the half you feel full up.

Fried food is the worst food for the health because it is completely oxidised, rusted like a metal. All oils including unsaturated and extra virgin olive oil get oxidised when exposed to air. So when you open your oil can and pour it in the pan, it starts getting oxidised immediately and continually. When you heat the oil and fry any thing inside it both the food and the oil continue getting oxidised. The air goes into the oil can to replace the oil taken out also cause the oil in the can get oxidised. Oxidisation made up of free radicals, something, which each cells of our body creates from the use of food to maintain life and body. These free radicals are a sort of poison, which body must get rid of through urinating. too much of it causes disease and aging. So when we eat fried food we send free radicals into our body to add extra burden on our body to dispose them and cause disease and aging to our body.

Dr Hiromi recommends not to eat fried food more than once a month if you can not do with out it.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:04 pm

In fact, Diets say like God : the more something is delicious in life, the more it is EVIL. :ymdevil:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Food