Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Food and Health Room

a place for talking about food, specially Kurdish food recipes

Re: Food Room

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 am

@ Londoner

I entered 'No one dies because of the old age' into the search but could not find it :(

Please post the link for us :D

I had a mackerel salad for breakfast with a handful of small cheese biscuits

(assorted types of real lettuce NOT tasteless iceberg lettuce)

My mackerel comes out of a tin and is covered in olive oil - most of which I drain off

Plus 2 small cups of weak black tea O:-)
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 am

Piling wrote:
Coffee and sugar cause cancer and diabetes.

I will NEVER NEVER miss my coffee at morning I rather to die :-D Don't care of health, in fact, it is for 'ma ligne'. :lol:

This is saint nectaire :

Concerning the magnum, I eat only ice creams the last week of holidays, generally, I never eat sweet things. Or is sparkling water the bad one ? :p I love sparkling water, Perrier, etc, never drink soft sodas and sweet drinks.

At dinner, what is too bad : Aberlour or Black pudding ? :-D

Today is sunday, so not much diet :

Breakfast :

Coffee, sugar, cottage cheese, honey.

Lunch :

Apéritif :
Foie gras, Rivesaltes.

Plat de résistance : Moroccan köfte with tomatoes & semolina.

Cheese : various French cheeses (among our 400 sorts, we have choice); a glass of Porto.

Tea, dark chocolate.

Dinner :

Wholemeal bread, saint nectaire, ham, 2 glasses of red wine (Bordeaux).

And before and after all the meal, small pieces of chocolate = 30 g.

If you are healthy and not very old, you have nothing to worry but this diet is like playing Russian Roulette.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:43 am

If you are healthy and not very old, you have nothing to worry but this diet is like playing Russian Roulette.

I don't know. Many Americans now try to imitate our French Paradoxal Diet, so…

I found a link about your diet. I will read it :

http://www.livestrong.com/article/31536 ... inya-diet/
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 am

Dr Noah recommending water - you have to see the funny side =)) =)) =)) =))
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Anthea wrote:@ Londoner

I entered 'No one dies because of the old age' into the search but could not find it :(

Please post the link for us :D

I had a mackerel salad for breakfast with a handful of small cheese biscuits

(assorted types of real lettuce NOT tasteless iceberg lettuce)

My mackerel comes out of a tin and is covered in olive oil - most of which I drain off

Plus 2 small cups of weak black tea O:-)

'No one dies of the old age' is my phrase and will be a title to my article. You can search for 'The Enzyme Factor'. You can also go to: http://enzymefactor.com/

Nothing like my phrase is mentioned in the book. It says some thing similar, which is this: 'No one becomes sick because of the old age but because of the life style.'

The book is not published online, so online searching may not help.

This Dr is the inventor of colonoscope and colonoscopic surgery. He has checked over 300,000 intestines of 300,000 patients. He compared the disease of each with his or her diet. From that he concluded all types of disease including all types of cancer starts from intestine because of life style. He has operated thousands of colon cancer, all cured and never came back. When he operates colon cancer he doesn't remove all cancer tumour. After the operation, he doesn't give any medicine but puts the patient on a strict diet, which is made up of ionised water, fresh fruit, vegetable and whole grain products without any additives or being processed. In addition to that the patient has to chew his or her food as much as 70 times per each bite.

By the way, your breakfast is very bad. it is all processed food. If you read 'The Enzyme Factor' you will be horrified of your breakfast
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:05 pm

He has written a book and the principles of his method are here :

http://www.happyhealthylonglife.com/hap ... hinya.html

BAD :

Shinya's List of Ten Foods to Avoid--All are Associated with GI Disease & an Unhealthy GI Tract

1. Excessive Animal Protein--especially red meat

2. Dairy products such as cow's milk, cheese, yogurt, other milk products

3. Japanes green tea, Chinese tea, English tea (limit to 1-2 cups per day)

4. Coffee

5. Sweets and sugar

6. Nicotine

7. Chocolate

8. Fats & oils

9. Regular table salt (use sea salt with trace minerals)

10. Alcohol

OMG we can eat NOTHING ! =))

GOOD :

Shinya's Keys to Good Health

1. Eat a diet that is 85-90% plant-based foods

50% whole grains, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, cereals, whole grain bread & beans including soybeans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, lentils, pinto beans, pigeon peas, black, white & pink beans
30% green and yellow vegetables and root vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, yams and beets, and sea vegetables
5-10% fruits, seeds & nuts
Soymilk, rice milk, almond milk
2. 10-15% animal-based proteins (no more than 3 to 4 ounces per day):

Fish of any type, but preferably small fish as the large fish contain mercury
Poultry: chicken, turkey, duck--small amounts only
Beef, lamb, veal, pork - should be limited or avoided
Eggs
3. Foods to add to your diet:

Herbal teas
Seaweed/kelp tablets
Brewer's yeast (good source of B complex vitamins and minerals)
Enzyme supplements
Multivatimin & mineral supplements
Fish oil--particularly DHA
4. Good Water

Water is essential for your health. Drink "good water" such as mineral water or hard water, which has calcium & magnesium, and keeps the body at an optimal alkaline pH
Adults should drink at least 6-10 cups of water every day
Drink 1-3 cups of water after waking up in the morning
Drink 2-3 cups of water about one hour before each meal
5. Regular Elimination

Start a daily habit to remove intestinal pollutants and to clean out your system regularly
Do not take laxatives
Eat high fiber foods--don't get your fiber from capsules or supplements
6. Decrease dependence on prescription drugs by modifying your diet & getting exercise when possible

Pharmaceuticals can tax the liver and kidneys
Many chronic conditions such as arthritis, gout, diabetes, and osteoporosis can be managed with diet and exercise.
7. Minerals are important to health

Magnesium activates hundreds of different enzymes--and is required for good health.
A balance of sodium & potassium is a prerequisite for life. Laxatives, diarrhea, excessive exercise can deplete sodium. A diet high in vegetables boosts potassium.
Too much calcium after middle age can be harmful
Small amouts of trace minerals work synergistically with vitamins, minerals, and enzymes: boron, copper, zinc, iron, selenium, chromium, manganese, molybdenum, & iodine.
8. Moderate Exercise

Exercise appropriate for your age and physical condition is necessary for good health, but excessive exercise can release free radicals and harm your body
Some good forms of exercise are walking (2.5 miles), swimming, tennis, bicycling, golf, muscle stregthening, yoga, martial arts, and aerobics
9. Adequate Rest - Shinya is a daily napper

Go to bed at the same time every night and get 6 to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep
Do not eat or drink 4 to 5 hours before bedtime. If you are hungry or thirsty, a small piece of fruit may be eaten one hour before retiring, as it will digest quickly.
Take a short nap of about 30 minutes after lunch.
10. Breathing and meditation

Practice meditation
Practice positive thinking
Do deep abdominal breathing 4 or 5 times per hour. The exhale should be twice as long as the inhale. This is very important as deep breaths help to rid the body of toxins and free radicals.
Wear loose clothing that does not restrict your breath.
Listen to your own body and be good to yourself
11. Joy and Love

Joy and love will boost your body's enzyme factor sometimes in miraculous ways
Take time every day for an attitude of appreciation
Laugh
SIng
Dance
Live passionately and engage your life, your work, and the ones you love with your full heart
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 am

Rudaw

Kurdistan’s Bid to Boost Pomegranates

By Rawa Abdulla

Pomegranates are Iraqi Kurdistan’s most cherished fruit, a proud symbol of this region’s fertile soil and remarkable produce.

Thanks to a strong economy and increased support, farmers are producing more of the succulent fruit than in years past. Agriculture officials hope that pomegranates will be entirely locally grown within five years but significant challenges persist.

According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources, the region’s annual pomegranate production is growing steadily and stands at 26,000 tons, supplying 55 percent of local demand. Over the last four years, the region has produced 90,000 tons of pomegranates, and the ministry is hoping to produce enough to stop importing the fruit altogether within five years.

In 2008 officials set a similar five-year sustainability goal but have not come close to meeting the target.

“According to our strategic plan, we should have become self-sufficient in producing all different kinds of fruit, including pomegranate, but unfortunately budget shortfalls have prevented us from fully implementing our plan,” said Hussein Hama Karim, director-general of forestry in the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG.)

Agricultural experts say that Kurdistan is an ideal environment for growing pomegranates because of its moderate temperatures, dry climate and vast arable land. The best-known varieties come from Halabja and Sharaban, both near the Iranian border.

Karim said the Ministry of Agriculture considers pomegranates a vital fruit, which enables farmers to quality for additional support.

From 2009 to 2011, the ministry provided 76 farmers with 196 million dinars ($170,000) in order to build 232 Donums of pomegranate farms that use modern irrigation and farming systems. Karim said the goal “was to encourage other farms to follow the same system.”

“Demand for planting pomegranate orchards has gone up,” he said. “I expect that within five years we will reach sustainability.”

However, Karim also cited a Kurdistan Board of Investment study that found from 2006 until June 2014, less than 4 percent of overall investments were directed at agriculture projects. Only half of the 25 agricultural projects were completed.

Fazil Abdulla, a 53-year old farmer, produced over 25 tons of pomegranates. Abdulla said, “We have strong production every year, but we have transportation problems.”

“We don’t receive that much support,” he maintained. “For instance, my farm needs 1.5 tons of fertilizer but I only get 200 kilograms from the ministry.”

Nuri Ismael, director of marketing at the Ministry of Agriculture, said the previous Agriculture Minister in 2012 cut transportation funds, which covered about 60 percent of transport costs, because he “believed that providing more fertilizer to farmers would be more effective than covering transportation costs. But this didn’t work well for farmers because they aren’t given enough fertilizer.”

He said to support Kurdish orchards, the import of pomegranates is banned from August 15 until December 15 because local production can meet demand during this period.

Ismael maintained that there is demand for Kurdish pomegranates from Gulf and European nations but they are not exporting the fruit.

Abdurrahman Omer, director-general of agriculture in Erbil, said pomegranate farms face many challenges including inefficient irrigation systems and worms that infest trees.

“Sometimes farmers water their plants inconsistently. This causes a lot of damage to the tree, because too much watering after a tree has been parched for a long time introduces many physiological diseases to the pomegranates and causes the skin to crack,” he said.

Omer advised farmers to spray their farms with pesticides every two weeks to kill off worms starting as early as May. Fall is the height of pomegranate season.

“The worm does a lot of damage by creating a hole in the pomegranate and that causes pomegranate to decay,” he said.

http://rudaw.net/english/business/29082014
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 am

Pomegranates are very good for health. I like to eat them with salt, especially for Yalda Night, making a faal by opening my Hafez's Diwan.

Today I return to work (work, that modern slavery…) :((

And I start seriously a good diet.

Breakfast :

Coffee with brown sugar (15 g), a cup of cottage cheese, a spoon of honey and royal jelly,10 g of dark chocolate.

Lunch :

Roasted quail, tomatoes and lettuce.

Dinner :

Cod, mushroom soup, 2 glasses of red Bordeaux.

Yoga : 30 mn.

Walking : around 8000 steps.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Coming back to the Institute after 1 month, a female colleague tells me I lost weight. Weird, because my bathroom scale does not say the same thing.

But as women NEVER lies each others as flattering, I suppose she is right :-D
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Piling wrote:Coming back to the Institute after 1 month, a female colleague tells me I lost weight. Weird, because my bathroom scale does not say the same thing.

But as women NEVER lies each others as flattering, I suppose she is right :-D

Also I am sure you look happier and much more relaxed :D

Question:

While you were away did they have someone to do your work for you?

OR

have they saved it all up for you to deal with?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Piling wrote:Pomegranates are very good for health. I like to eat them with salt, especially for Yalda Night, making a faal by opening my Hafez's Diwan.

Today I return to work (work, that modern slavery…) :((

And I start seriously a good diet.

Breakfast :

Coffee with brown sugar (15 g), a cup of cottage cheese, a spoon of honey and royal jelly,10 g of dark chocolate.

Lunch :

Roasted quail, tomatoes and lettuce.

Dinner :

Cod, mushroom soup, 2 glasses of red Bordeaux.

Yoga : 30 mn.

Walking : around 8000 steps.

The only good things in your diet are honey, if it is real, tomatoes, lettuce and cod. The rest are land mines including the mushroom soup. Mushroom is good but not mushroom soup. It consumes too much enzyme to get digested.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:38 pm

So a liquid as a soup is harder to digest than solid vegetables ? weird.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:04 pm

I eat raw mushrooms in my salad :D

But I also enjoy them fried and greasy :ymdevil:

I hate to think what goes on in my stomach

I am sure it is a battleground :(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Piling wrote:So a liquid as a soup is harder to digest than solid vegetables ? weird.

Yes, indeed. It is logical. Because it is a soup, it needs a lot of enzyme as the water part of the soup dilutes the enzyme, so the soup needs a lot of enzyme. Too much use of enzyme may lead to exhaustion of it. If that happens the immune system will fail until the body recovers and can produce enzymes. Immune system is nothing more than enzymes. While the body can not generate enzymes the immune system stops. At this critical times anything could happen to the body from a simple cold to the cancer.

On that basis I have theorised that the main reason for us getting sick is because of our diet culture, drinking liquid like water or juice or alcohol when we are eating. The only liquid Dr Hiromi Shinya drinks, is good water and he drinks it always one hour before his meal. By that time, the water absorbed into his body and his stomach becomes empty. He is now 77 and has not become ill since he was 19.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Soon it will be winter and I love hot soup in the winter

Are you suggesting that if we have hot soup we will be more at risk of catching colds and flu?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Food