Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

.:. Your Favorite Word In Kurdish .:.

Discuss about language(s) in English

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:07 pm

there is no honor in speaking kurdish with a lot of arabic words.

if you cant, you shouldnt yell at others that why they dont like you way of speaking... we all should try to learn true kurdish , if we want to Keep something called Kurd in the history .

Well said, Dyaoko... I second your sentiments...

One should be proud of ones language - and that is why one should be aware of ones usage of it and the pits which one can fall into... Like using Arabic, Turkish or Persian words...

@Mosul...

I never said I spoke perfect Kurdish - because that would be meaningless to do. You know why? Because un-educated Kurds (or those who are unfamiliar with other dialects) would face problems understanding me...

Because the Standard Kurmancî I have been thaught in at school, is a collection of the most Kurdish words in all Kurmancî dialects - which at the same time are used by MOST Kurmancî speakers.

But I don't SPEAK the standard Kurmancî I was thaught at school...

So, when I speak Kurdish - I speak it the way my tribe does, in East Kurdistan - but it is a very pure Kurdish dialect, compared to other dialects... :roll:

So I don't nessecarily SPEAK as I WRITE... As matter of fact:

In standard Kurmancî/Dimilî dialect of Kurmancî(my dialect)/English:

Xwe / Xo / One-self
Mang / Heyv / Month
Kar / Shol / Work
Destik / Llepik / Mitten

These are some examples of un-intelligence between my dialect and the standard Kurmancî - which is thaught at schools in Europe - and in North Kurdistan and Turkey since the new Turkish law...

@Cheryl...

Yes, indeed - you are very right in your logical manner as always... :P

A logical positivist would have said something like "shed light from the sun of englightment on the tree of Myth, and it shall perish - burning to ashes"... 8) (Thank God I handed in that assigment a while back - and am done with it for good! :shock: )
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:56 pm

diri in which school you learnt kurdish ? in school in norway?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:31 pm

dyaoko wrote:diri in which school you learnt kurdish ? in school in norway?

Yes... In Norway... 13 years - and an exam - the result of the exam is part of your normal Norwegian Diploma for Videregående - that is what you go to before you go to the university or to college...

With my diploma - I am now for example eligable for working as an interpreter for the police, or I can study to be a teacher - and teach Kurdish...

But I chose to study Middle East studies - which apart from Religion, History, Society/Culture and Politics, includes learning Arabic...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: ChiChalok » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:58 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
~CheeCh ... CheeCh~
ChiChalok
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:12 pm

ChiChalok wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

What's so funny...? :P
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:48 pm

Diri wrote:
heval wrote:Hey Dîrî, do these schools offer online courses in Kurdish? If not, I think that would be a great project for you to go after (if you're interested, that is)... try to see if the schools would be willing to do it :wink:

Kake - baver nekem ew biken...

Norwegian laws only apply for Norway... :P

And it is practically impossible to do Kurdish or any language on internet courses... How would that happen? :roll:

Why not Kake gyan? It does not matter that the laws apply to only Norway... There are several different Universities and colleges around the world that offer a wide range of courses online. Why couldn't this apply to the Kurdish courses as well?
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:25 pm

are you telling in norway they have translated all 12 years of school books to kurdish ?!!! or you took kurdish as forigen langauge lessson ?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:51 pm

dyaoko wrote:are you telling in norway they have translated all 12 years of school books to kurdish ?!!! or you took kurdish as forigen langauge lessson ?

13 years - but not "translated" - the books are in Kurdish - and they are only for Kurdish...

Kurdish History book
Kurdish Geography book
Kurdish Litterature book
Kurdish Gramar book
Kurdish Social Science book

And in the early stages (first to third class) there are writting books with different assignments... Like "fill in the correct word" type of thing...
You have 30 hours of school in Norwegian per week - and you have 3 hours of school in Kurdish per week... And you do this for 13 years... That is how it works...

Kurdish is your first language. Your "Mothers language" is always your First language and Norwegian is your Second language. Then you start English from 2nd grade as your Third language. And in the 8th grade you can choose between Spanish, French or German as your Fourth language... And some places they offer Russian, Italian and more exotic languages... :P
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:54 pm

heval wrote:
Diri wrote:
heval wrote:Hey Dîrî, do these schools offer online courses in Kurdish? If not, I think that would be a great project for you to go after (if you're interested, that is)... try to see if the schools would be willing to do it :wink:

And it is practically impossible to do Kurdish or any language on internet courses... How would that happen? :roll:

Why not Kake gyan? It does not matter that the laws apply to only Norway... There are several different Universities and colleges around the world that offer a wide range of courses online. Why couldn't this apply to the Kurdish courses as well?

Yes - okey... But you would have to make a LOT of schools/universities acknowledge the diploma you get from this course as a legitimate diploma... Which would "count" for what it is... That is the real problem...

Or else - you could anytime you want to - study on your own... Like yourself, Goran... You learnt the Latîn Kurdî alphabet on your own... Right?

So if you want to - you can buy books from publishers in Sweden, Germany, Britain etc... And get on with it... :P
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: ChiChalok » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:12 am

looool .. i feel like im reading essay after essay .. sheesh .. :P :roll:
~CheeCh ... CheeCh~
ChiChalok
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:16 am

ChiChalok wrote:looool .. i feel like im reading essay after essay .. sheesh .. :P :roll:

Was THAT what you were "Loooling" for? :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:16 am

Diri wrote:
heval wrote:
Diri wrote:

Yes - okey... But you would have to make a LOT of schools/universities acknowledge the diploma you get from this course as a legitimate diploma... Which would "count" for what it is... That is the real problem...

Or else - you could anytime you want to - study on your own... Like yourself, Goran... You learnt the Latîn Kurdî alphabet on your own... Right?

So if you want to - you can buy books from publishers in Sweden, Germany, Britain etc... And get on with it... :P

I am as interested in the diploma as I am in the courses themselves, heval Sohrab. And besides that...it does not matter whether or not other schools/universities acknowlege the diploma because when testing students for knowledge of a foreign language, schools/universities in the U.S. require their own written exam to be taken, or require some sort of proof of formal education (in which case, I am sure the diploma from Norway would be highly sufficient). From what I have heard, the exam in these U.S. schools have now extended to the Kurdish language as well. So, if one were to have formal education in Kurdish from these schools in Norway (online, for easy accessibility), this could help them pass the language courses here in the U.S.

So there is a ton of benefits to people living outside of Norway to enroll in these Kurdish courses online. I know you can purchase books from those countries, however, a course tends to be more well-planned and supplemental to someone who is trying to learn to read, write and speak a language properly.

So anyways...it's just an idea that I wanted to share with you... I just thought it would be really nice since the courses are already taking place over there, to extend them to people interested living outside of Norway and I have found online courses to be very useful in a variety of subjects.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: ChiChalok » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 am

Diri wrote:
ChiChalok wrote:looool .. i feel like im reading essay after essay .. sheesh .. :P :roll:

Was THAT what you were "Loooling" for? :roll:

ya coz .. it was a word or favorite phrase .. i turned into PhD thesis here .. sheesh ppl .. seriously :D i get bored if i write as much as u guys do :roll:
Last edited by ChiChalok on Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
~CheeCh ... CheeCh~
ChiChalok
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:19 am

heval wrote:
Diri wrote:
heval wrote:
Diri wrote:

I am as interested in the diploma as I am in the courses themselves, heval Sohrab. And besides that...it does not matter whether or not other schools/universities acknowlege the diploma because when testing students for knowledge of a foreign language, schools/universities in the U.S. require their own written exam to be taken, or require some sort of proof of formal education (in which case, I am sure the diploma from Norway would be highly sufficient). From what I have heard, the exam in these U.S. schools have now extended to the Kurdish language as well. So, if one were to have formal education in Kurdish from these schools in Norway (online, for easy accessibility), this could help them pass the language courses here in the U.S.

So there is a ton of benefits to people living outside of Norway to enroll in these Kurdish courses online. I know you can purchase books from those countries, however, a course tends to be more well-planned and supplemental to someone who is trying to learn to read, write and speak in a language properly.

So anyways...it's just an idea that I wanted to share with you... I just thought it would be really nice since the courses are already taking place over there, to extend them to people interested living outside of Norway and I have found online courses to be very useful in a variety of subjects.

Your idea, is GREAT...

And you gave me something to think about... :)

And this is something which would serve Kurds and Kurdistan... :D
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: cheryl » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:02 pm

With a course online, you could also add a few hours of conversation and/or consultation with a Kurdish language teacher on Paltalk.

The problem is finding a teacher who would do it.

(Believe me, some of us have checked around for this already)

Plus, for instruction online, you could have lots of sound clips to go along with the materials. . . like dibistanakurdi has.

cheryl
Shermin
Shermin

PreviousNext

Return to Language