Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

.:. Your Favorite Word In Kurdish .:.

Discuss about language(s) in English

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:15 pm

Mosul wrote:nope, thats my kurdi, and also the kurdi of 20 million kurds, why dont you tell them what you tell me.

bi akil


Thank you... :D Yes... I am "with brain"... :wink: Thanks for the compliment! But in Kurdish you would have to say "Zana" - because "akil" (spelled/pronounced "AQIL") is an Arabic word... So I am "zana"... Yes - Thanks! :)


Now back to what you say; Nope... 20 million Kurds don't use:

mishkelah
khalase
takreban

Believe me, they don't... But then - that is a bit hard to know for a person who spent most of his life in Atlanta... :roll:

So I do understand your insufficient knowledge of the Kurdish language and the dialects within... 8)
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

PostAuthor: pepula » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:26 pm

where did you spend most of your life diri for your kurdi to be so kurdish??
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:29 pm

pepula wrote:where did you spend most of your life diri for your kurdi to be so kurdish??


I had Kurdish education for 13 years... And got top grade at the Kurdish Exam...

I have spent most of my life in Norway - since I was 6... :roll:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: pepula » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:30 pm

what> like official kurdish exams?
wow your kurdi is very good by the way
along with all the other languages you speak :)
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:46 pm

pepula wrote:what> like official kurdish exams?
wow your kurdi is very good by the way
along with all the other languages you speak :)



Yes - in Norway every language is respected - they have changed their system now - because the Labour Party has lost influence - now it is harder - because now Kurdish teachers have to have a teachers degree from Norway - before they could show their diploma from Turkey/Iran/Syria/Iraq - in Turkish lang, Arabic lang. or Persian lang. and would be given the right to teach in Kurdish (officialy) - because they would be qualified as long as they were Kurds... Sad that this has changed...

But anyway - I had three hours of Kurdish per week - for 13 years - and I had my exams at end of the semester the 13th year - which would be the 26st semester...

They have a standard Kurmancî and a standard Soranî which they teach - and the exam which you give - is sent to Oslo for censorship - and you get your grade on your official Norwegian Highschool diploma... :D

Long live NORWAY! :P

Thank you so much... I still have a lot to improve... :)
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: heval » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:36 am

Diri wrote:
pepula wrote:what> like official kurdish exams?
wow your kurdi is very good by the way
along with all the other languages you speak :)



Yes - in Norway every language is respected - they have changed their system now - because the Labour Party has lost influence - now it is harder - because now Kurdish teachers have to have a teachers degree from Norway - before they could show their diploma from Turkey/Iran/Syria/Iraq - in Turkish lang, Arabic lang. or Persian lang. and would be given the right to teach in Kurdish (officialy) - because they would be qualified as long as they were Kurds... Sad that this has changed...

But anyway - I had three hours of Kurdish per week - for 13 years - and I had my exams at end of the semester the 13th year - which would be the 26st semester...

They have a standard Kurmancî and a standard Soranî which they teach - and the exam which you give - is sent to Oslo for censorship - and you get your grade on your official Norwegian Highschool diploma... :D

Long live NORWAY! :P

Thank you so much... I still have a lot to improve... :)



Hey Dîrî, do these schools offer online courses in Kurdish? If not, I think that would be a great project for you to go after (if you're interested, that is)... try to see if the schools would be willing to do it :wink:
User avatar
heval
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:10 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: heval » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:38 am

..............oops :oops:


Bibûre Kak Dyaoko gyan. Eme dubare, xaterî tu, bi Kurdî qise dekeyn.
User avatar
heval
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:10 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:05 am

Bi siyasiya zimanan, Norway dewleteka zur mezin e ! Li Faransa, em pir pas, dimînin !
User avatar
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 8375
Images: 80
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:57 am
Location: France
Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Has thanked: 280 times
Been thanked: 3047 times
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Mosul » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:00 pm

diri you dont know anything about kurdish if you dont think kurds use those words. come to iraqi,syrian,turkiish kurdistan. they dont teach you how kurds speak in those schools. so your education is useless. about 1/4 of the kurdish language is bowwrowed from other languages mabey even more.

Mosul
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 11:39 pm
Location: Khalije
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:58 pm

heval wrote:
Diri wrote:
pepula wrote:what> like official kurdish exams?
wow your kurdi is very good by the way
along with all the other languages you speak :)



Yes - in Norway every language is respected - they have changed their system now - because the Labour Party has lost influence - now it is harder - because now Kurdish teachers have to have a teachers degree from Norway - before they could show their diploma from Turkey/Iran/Syria/Iraq - in Turkish lang, Arabic lang. or Persian lang. and would be given the right to teach in Kurdish (officialy) - because they would be qualified as long as they were Kurds... Sad that this has changed...

But anyway - I had three hours of Kurdish per week - for 13 years - and I had my exams at end of the semester the 13th year - which would be the 26st semester...

They have a standard Kurmancî and a standard Soranî which they teach - and the exam which you give - is sent to Oslo for censorship - and you get your grade on your official Norwegian Highschool diploma... :D

Long live NORWAY! :P

Thank you so much... I still have a lot to improve... :)



Hey Dîrî, do these schools offer online courses in Kurdish? If not, I think that would be a great project for you to go after (if you're interested, that is)... try to see if the schools would be willing to do it :wink:


Kake - baver nekem ew biken...

Norwegian laws only apply for Norway... :P

And it is practically impossible to do Kurdish or any language on internet courses... How would that happen? :roll:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:02 am

Mosul wrote:diri you dont know anything about kurdish if you dont think kurds use those words. come to iraqi,syrian,turkiish kurdistan. they dont teach you how kurds speak in those schools. so your education is useless. about 1/4 of the kurdish language is bowwrowed from other languages mabey even more.



You don't understand... Because you don't read what I say:

To speak correct Kurdish, doesn't mean that I don't know what "aqil", "meshkela" or "takreben" mean... I know what they mean... And that is why I can KNOW that they are not Kurdish... If I had been ignorant - I would let them pass as being Kurdish... But I don't - because I know better, those are Arabic words... And although I know how to use them and what they mean - I don't need to USE them... :wink:

And you are wrong... Kurds in the villages in Northern part of EAST Kurdistan - those in Hewreman region and (most) Kurds in Syrian occupied Kurdistan - speak a much more pure Kurdish than those in Behdînan region of Kurdistan in South Kurdistan... :wink:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:46 am

please one of the moderators move this topic to Language Room , where you can talk about language in English.

Zimni Kurdi Section is a place that you MUST speak kurdish there, that why this room exists .
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
User avatar
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3381
Images: 105
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1
Has thanked: 287 times
Been thanked: 358 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:57 am

dyaoko wrote:please one of the moderators move this topic to Language Room , where you can talk about language in English.

Zimni Kurdi Section is a place that you MUST speak kurdish there, that why this room exists .



Yes - and I asked since the first time for a moderator to move it - because as you can see, Chichalok started the thread in English... What could we expect? :roll:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: cheryl » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:10 pm

Mosul wrote:nope, thats my kurdi, and also the kurdi of 20 million kurds, why dont you tell them what you tell me.

bi akil


there are 20 million kurds in turkish-occupied kurdistan alone, who are or properly should be kurmanci speakers, not to mention 2 to 3 million in syrian-occupied kurdistan who are kurmanci speakers as well as how many million in iranian-occupied kurdistan who are kurmanci speakers.

i am not even counting those kurmanci speakers of bahdinan here, and still we have more than 20 million kurmanci speakers who are not bahdinani kurmanci speakers.

out of a world kurdish population of 30 to 40 million, we still end up with a difference of less than 20 million for your claim.

also:

come to iraqi,syrian,turkiish kurdistan. they dont teach you how kurds speak in those schools. so your education is useless. about 1/4 of the kurdish language is bowwrowed from other languages mabey even more.


your point about schools is useless because, except for iraqi-occupied kurdistan, syria and turkey do not permit the teaching of kurdish nor do they permit kurdish-language instruction. the same goes for iran.

some of the best kurmanci instruction now takes place outside of kurdistan, as Diri's education shows, because he knows that there are many times more than one kurdish word for different things and he is able to make a determination, thanks to his education, as to which words come from which languages and is able to choose a more kurdish alternative.

cheryl
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 11:22 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:22 pm

it is sad that kurdish languages been fulled with turkish-arabic-farsi words...

the kurds are becoming assmilated more and more , day by day.


we have to do something to prevent it , here in Roj Bash , I made Zimani Kurdi room , so we can practice kurdish there !

soon I will add a lyric section to the site, where you can read lyric of the kurdish songs....


we have to Fight with asssimilationm, we should just say "well all of the kurds speak like this ...so let forget about our true language and use arabic words"


we must try to Presever our language , if not our language will be forgotten in 100 years . nothing will remain from kurdish in 100 years.


Mosul , there is no honor in speaking kurdish with a lot of arabic words.

if you cant, you shouldnt yell at others that why they dont like you way of speaking... we all should try to learn true kurdish , if we want to Keep something called Kurd in the history .
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
User avatar
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3381
Images: 105
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:09 am
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1
Has thanked: 287 times
Been thanked: 358 times
Nationality: Kurd

PreviousNext

Return to Language

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

cron
x

#{title}

#{text}