Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Translating from sorani

Discuss about language(s) in English

Re: Translating from sorani

PostAuthor: kurd-sthanam » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:13 pm

newroz li te û li gelê kurd û kurdistanê jî pîroz be :)
kurd-sthanam
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: ocmentos » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 pm

kurd-sthanam wrote:thanks for the good infos. i have no city, i'm from central anatolia near turkeys capital ankara. kurds migrated/forced to migrate to central anatolia by all years between 150-400 years ago. the first migrators were shexbizinî kurds 400 years ago, then the kurds from west kurdistan. (my tribe came 200-250 years ago, dont sure) some anatolian olders claim they came from khorasan. the main big tribe is Reshwan, Reshiyan. some claim its the biggest kurdish tribe, they are very spread in north kurdistan, lebanon, central anatolia, khorasan. At time the Ottomans would to force kurds from samsur(adiyaman), their number were big as istanbuls population that time, but from a reason i dont know they were spread. today this city, samsur, is a dead kurdish city. just west to Amed province, but nothing kurdishness.

oh that is not good that's very unfortunate, the problem is once one generation settles down- the next generation would have no intention of returning back to Kurdistan even if allowed.. by the way is tribalism important for Kurds in Turkey? because in Iraq it is very much important everyone knows what tribe they are- well except for silemani because you know from the beginning everyone was mixed up that's why I personally don't know what tribe I am from- but if you go anywhere in South Kurdistan they will know what tribe they are- is it so in Turkey too?

ocmentos
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: kurd-sthanam » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:21 pm

ocmentos wrote:
kurd-sthanam wrote:thanks for the good infos. i have no city, i'm from central anatolia near turkeys capital ankara. kurds migrated/forced to migrate to central anatolia by all years between 150-400 years ago. the first migrators were shexbizinî kurds 400 years ago, then the kurds from west kurdistan. (my tribe came 200-250 years ago, dont sure) some anatolian olders claim they came from khorasan. the main big tribe is Reshwan, Reshiyan. some claim its the biggest kurdish tribe, they are very spread in north kurdistan, lebanon, central anatolia, khorasan. At time the Ottomans would to force kurds from samsur(adiyaman), their number were big as istanbuls population that time, but from a reason i dont know they were spread. today this city, samsur, is a dead kurdish city. just west to Amed province, but nothing kurdishness.

oh that is not good that's very unfortunate, the problem is once one generation settles down- the next generation would have no intention of returning back to Kurdistan even if allowed.. by the way is tribalism important for Kurds in Turkey? because in Iraq it is very much important everyone knows what tribe they are- well except for silemani because you know from the beginning everyone was mixed up that's why I personally don't know what tribe I am from- but if you go anywhere in South Kurdistan they will know what tribe they are- is it so in Turkey too?

its not such easy as you think to settle back. tribalim is mostly state supported. I dont believe that there are not so much things like tribes in cities. but in villages and small towns it can be either symbolic (share same accent, traditions and more family bonds) or state supported real tribalism (example "korucu"-system). state supported tribalism is realy like feodalism. There were I come from, tribalism is just symbolic and have no function, its just anything we know from past.
kurd-sthanam
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: ocmentos » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm

its not such easy as you think to settle back

hhhh I said it is almost impossible to ;)
tribalim is mostly state supported. I dont believe that there are not so much things like tribes in cities. but in villages and small towns it can be either symbolic (share same accent, traditions and more family bonds) or state supported real tribalism (example "korucu"-system). state supported tribalism is realy like feodalism. There were I come from, tribalism is just symbolic and have no function, its just anything we know from past.
[/quote]
that is very good if it is symbolic.... because other than in Slemani and Sharbajher which borders it-- tribalism gets to be a real problem... in the 80's it got so serious between two tribes they used RBGs and all kinds of weapons that Saddam had to bring tanks to keep the two tribes from causing further damage to each other and others hhhh!

ocmentos
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: HanBaker » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:54 pm

By the structure of the written, it is clear that this is a song. Try to translate it with the help of an online translator. When I am interested in what is sung in the song, I open my favorite translator https://www.translate.com/, and just pronounce the text of the verse. You, too, can not even enter text, since this resource provides for the translation of a voice recording.

HanBaker
Nubar
Nubar

Nationality: American

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:47 am

Hello HanBaker

Welcome to Roj Bash Kurdistan :ymhug:

Thank you very much for the link :ymapplause:
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds