Page 2 of 3

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:51 am
Author: Barış
nuray wrote:
Barış wrote:How do you say in it Kurdish?:

I like that we are friends.

You have nice feelings.

I'd like to know you. ;)

Can you come?

I wait for you.

I'm waiting for you now.

When will you come?
:lol:

chon ba kordi ayleyt?

mn haz akam bbin ba hawre.

to hastt naska.

mn haz akam btnasim.

atwanit beit?

mn chawaret akam.

esta chawaret akam.

kai yait deit?

Çok sağol canım. :D

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:56 am
Author: Diri
95% of all Soranî speakers don't know how to use the Latin Kurdish script...

So you'll have better luck of being understood when using the forms of the words which Nuray has written, Bariş! :wink:

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:14 pm
Author: Lost
Diri wrote:Do you understand me? = Min têdegeyt?


diri gyan please would you tell some of your sorani friends in VK about this sentence and what they'll tell you about it!?
aslo my note was about that: Min têdegeyt? is not enough there is not any contact between the two words with out " le"
Le Min têdegeyt? .. yeah i'm with you that her goal was .. têdegeyt? .. but (Min têdegeyt?) is not such a complete and meaningful sentece, you can discuss it with other sorani friends..

and about : Kêy? and Key? .. share it too ..

who are you? = To Kêy?
what time? = Key , Le ç katêk?

but do you know what:
i think , To hem gullî hem rîhhanî hem derd hem dermanî Image
you have to come to south and be the Lecturer of kurdish language, i really mean it..

Diri wrote:95% of all Soranî speakers don't know how to use the Latin Kurdish script...

that is right but the main script of the Sorani dialect was and still ( arabic script) which the largest culture of literature in so long time were written in arabic script (Sorani).. :wink:

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:22 am
Author: Barış
Diri wrote:95% of all Soranî speakers don't know how to use the Latin Kurdish script...

So you'll have better luck of being understood when using the forms of the words which Nuray has written, Bariş! :wink:

Okey, but I want to learn Latin Kurdish script phrases too. ;) Like:

Where's the best Nargile Cafe?

Where's the closest night club?

I'd like a beer please.

Where's the nearest bathroom?

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:37 pm
Author: Sirwan
in short:

Kê + y (or +yt) = kêy (or kêyt) and means: who are you.


key or kengê = when/what time

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:45 pm
Author: Barış
Where art thou?

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:35 pm
Author: Barış
Silavvv! :lol:

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:06 pm
Author: allina
Silav, all my teachers! i hope everyone allright.
Always forgot to ask, what does means sercaw? I understand it means on my eyes.I hear this many times, but still dont understand when i should say like this. :lol:

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:41 pm
Author: Diri
Barış wrote:
Diri wrote:95% of all Soranî speakers don't know how to use the Latin Kurdish script...

So you'll have better luck of being understood when using the forms of the words which Nuray has written, Bariş! :wink:

Okey, but I want to learn Latin Kurdish script phrases too. ;) Like:

Where's the best Nargile Cafe?

Where's the closest night club?

I'd like a beer please.

Where's the nearest bathroom?


"Nargile cafe" and "Night club"??? :lol: You're funny, Bariş... ;)



Where's the best Nargile Cafe? = Çayxaney nêzûk le kwê'ye?

Where's the closest night club? = Heflexaney/Şahîxaney/Diskoy nêzûk le kwê'ye?

I'd like a beer please. = Bîrayekim dewê, bê zehemet!

Where's the nearest bathroom? = Toalêtî nêzûk le kwê'ye?

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:46 pm
Author: Diri
allina wrote:Silav, all my teachers! i hope everyone allright.
Always forgot to ask, what does means sercaw? I understand it means on my eyes.I hear this many times, but still dont understand when i should say like this. :lol:


Silaw Allina can... :)

Ser çaw / Ser çawim or Ser çawên min = "On my eyes"

You say it when somebody requests something... BUT it is only used in polite form...

It's used in many different situations... It can be "Bi xêr hatî - ser çawên min" = "You are welcome - on my eyes" or if somebody says "Min derom, Xwa hafiz" ("I am leaving - God be with you") - you can reply "Ser çawim - Xwat legel" = "On my eyes - God be with you"...

Or if somebody asks "Can I have some tea/coffee please?" - you can say "Ser çawim" = "On my eyes" - which means "of course you can - on my eyes..".. :)

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm
Author: Barış
Diri wrote:
"Nargile cafe" and "Night club"??? :lol: You're funny, Bariş... ;)



Where's the best Nargile Cafe? = Çayxaney nêzûk le kwê'ye?

Where's the closest night club? = Heflexaney/Şahîxaney/Diskoy nêzûk le kwê'ye?

I'd like a beer please. = Bîrayekim dewê, bê zehemet!

Where's the nearest bathroom? = Toalêtî nêzûk le kwê'ye?

Zor Spas, Diri. :D
How do you say?:

May you live long and prosper.

The mountains are beautiful.

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:50 am
Author: Lost
hey ..Barış how you doing ..
you asking some funny things .. what is going on bira? dating kurdish girl :lol: ?

May you live long and prosper = Temenit dirêj bê û bexoşî bijî..

The mountains are beautiful = çyakan cwanin :wink:

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:29 pm
Author: Barış
Lost wrote:hey ..Barış how you doing ..
you asking some funny things .. what is going on bira? dating kurdish girl :lol: ?

May you live long and prosper = Temenit dirêj bê û bexoşî bijî..

The mountains are beautiful = çyakan cwanin :wink:

Mn bashm zor supas to choni? :lol: No I'm not dating... I plan to visit some Türkmen friends over in Kerkük, and want to learn some Sorani phrases because a lot Kurds live there too. ;)

Can you translate this too please?

''I come in peace.''

And also tell me what does this mean:? :?

Mshke chowa shalwalt.
Aw mshka la shalwalakt bena darawa.
Tre laxoy gawratra.
Chawm chwa pesht sarm.

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:26 pm
Author: kurdangel
I come in peace = be ashtiyewe hatum
im not sure though,,,


Mshke chowa shalwalt. = a mice has gone into ur trousers
Aw mshka la shalwalakt bena darawa = take the mice out of ur trousers
Tre laxoy gawratra. = you say that to some one whose is big headed.. translation: your vart is bigger that you
Chawm chwa pesht sarm.= my eyes has gone to my back head,, you say that when you are really suprised by something :)

last two sentences are sayings.. :D
shalwal = kurdish clothes, the trousers for guys..

Re: Sorani sentences

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Author: Barış
kurdangel wrote:I come in peace = be ashtiyewe hatum
im not sure though,,,


Mshke chowa shalwalt. = a mice has gone into ur trousers
Aw mshka la shalwalakt bena darawa = take the mice out of ur trousers
Tre laxoy gawratra. = you say that to some one whose is big headed.. translation: your vart is bigger that you
Chawm chwa pesht sarm.= my eyes has gone to my back head,, you say that when you are really suprised by something :)

last two sentences are sayings.. :D
shalwal = kurdish clothes, the trousers for guys..

:lol: Supas
What's vart mean?
Also gyan can you translate these too?


Sarm le darnachet.
La pey xoy darchua.
Pet la chawy mn nabi.
Chawit dar bet.
Zmant muy le be.
















Ufff Sarm deshe! :lol: