Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurdish - a language divided

Discuss about language(s) in English

kurdish

PostAuthor: red wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:02 pm

it doesnt matter how you guys spell kurdish language because kurds dont hav a complete latin alphabet. to modernize the kurdish alphabet you must get rid of the arabic alphabet. :wink:
red wolf
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

kurdish

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: kurdish

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 pm

red wolf wrote:it doesnt matter how you guys spell kurdish language because kurds dont hav a complete latin alphabet. to modernize the kurdish alphabet you must get rid of the arabic alphabet. :wink:

There are SEVERAL Latin Scripts adjusted to KURDISH... Sorry my rudeness, but where have you been? :lol:

Modernize the Kurdish alphabet? I think your mixing up things...

If you are talking about Arabic Kurdish script being used instead of Latînî Kurdî, that is right - but things are changing... And in Southern Kurdistan they are working on introducing Latînî Kurdî into schools instead of Arabic script...

In Kurmancî speaking areas, North, West and Eastern Kurdistan - the use of Latînî Kurdî is widespread...

--------------
Missy - When Dyaoko is back, he will fix that hopefully... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: red wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:36 pm

yes mn i know but s-kurdistan is the part were they are trying to use latin alphabet but i´t doesnt work because they use arabic also they have choose one of them. :D
red wolf
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: red wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:40 pm

if we had a complete kurdish alphabet we wouldnt sit on the computer and write in english to eachother :wink: turks write in their alphabet and arabs in arabic scripts

communication is improtant.
red wolf
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:57 pm

red wolf wrote:if we had a complete kurdish alphabet we wouldnt sit on the computer and write in english to eachother :wink: turks write in their alphabet and arabs in arabic scripts

You are abusing the word "complete" - it doesn't mean what you think it means...

Complete = Full or 100/100...

But then your sentence doesn't make sense, because there are several Kurdish alphabets - and all are "complete"...

You mean YOU don't know how to write in Kurdish... I, MissIndependent, Dyaoko, Piling and many more members of this forum can write in Kurdish with no problem...

Eger tu bixazî bi Kurdî biaxiwî - tu dişêy biçî bo beşa bi navê "Zimanê Kurdî"...
:wink:

Bi rêz!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Amanc » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:59 pm

red wolf wrote:if we had a complete kurdish alphabet we wouldnt sit on the computer and write in english to eachother :wink: turks write in their alphabet and arabs in arabic scripts

Nexêr Elfabêya kurdî ya standard heye, bi latînî jî û bi erebî ji!

Her di salên 1930an de Nivîskarê mezin Celalet Bedirxan li pîrtûka xwe de "Elfabêya kurdî & Bingehên gramera kurdmancî" elfabêyek standard bi tîpên latînî ji bo zimanê me deyna

Problem ne ew e ko elfabêya standard ji bo kurdî nîne, lê problem ew e ko gelek ji miletê me elfabêya xwe û zimanê xwe nizanin. = The problem is not that there is no standard kurdish script, the problem is that many kurds can't read and write in their own language. There is ONE! standard script for latin and ONE! for arabic, not more.
Last edited by Amanc on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What if tomorrow never comes and you don't know how I feel?
Amanc
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:02 pm

Amanc wrote:

Nexêr Elfabêya kurdî ya standard heye, bi latînî jî û bi erebî ji!

Her di salên 1930an de Nivîskarê mezin Celalet Bedirxan li pîrtûka xwe de "Elfabêya kurdî & Bingehên gramera kurdmancî" elfabêyek standard bi tîpên latînî ji bo zimanê me deyna

Problem ne ew e ko elfabêya standard ji bo kurdî nîne, lê problem ew e ko gelek ji miletê me elfabêya xwe û zimanê xwe nizanin.

Dest xosh bira...

And sorry I forgot to mention you in my post! :P

Gellek raste... Naw miletê Kurda gellek nizanin bi zimanê xo binivîsin... :(
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: red wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:09 pm

bira i cant write in kurdish very good thats right because we kurds are splitted in many countries.
kurds are not united to have their own school in all kurdish parts. they are occupied by enemies. i meant that many members in this kurdish doesnt no how to write because they tongue language is something else.

i cAN either write kurdish in arabic scripst and in latin but does make it a alphabet to communicate to eachother........

its hard because the dialects are not so close to eachother. like sorani and kurmanci.

bi rez

or be rez

i did anderstand but did someone else anderstand...
red wolf
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:20 pm

Soranî and Kurmancî are both Kurmancî proper (Kurmancî group of Kurdish)... They are VERY similar...

Kirmanckî and Goranî are both Pehlewanî (Pehlewanî group of Kurdish)... They are similar...

But Pehlewanî and Kurmancî proper are different...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Amanc » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:28 pm

red wolf wrote:bira i cant write in kurdish very good thats right because we kurds are splitted in many countries.
kurds are not united to have their own school in all kurdish parts. they are occupied by enemies. i meant that many members in this kurdish doesnt no how to write because they tongue language is something else.

i cAN either write kurdish in arabic scripst and in latin but does make it a alphabet to communicate to eachother........

See thats what I mean. It doens't mather if you write Kurmanci, Sorani or even Zazaki, you use the SAME STANDARD LATIN KURDISH alphabet which consists of A B C Ç D E Ê F G H I Î J K L M N O P Q R S Ş T U Û V W X Y Z

And if you use arabic script again it is the same script, doesnt mather what dialect you use.

See what i dislike is when somebody blames many things for not speaking kurdî while the real problem is himself! Ofcourse it is easy to say "get rid of the arabic script" Well would you be able to write and read in kurdî then? No you would not, and that the point.

If you really want to learn kurdî there are many ways to do so. See I learned Soranî too and today i speak it better than my parents.
What if tomorrow never comes and you don't know how I feel?
Amanc
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: red wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:38 pm

well it will take time to replace the system and make it latin. the iranízation,arabization.turkifation has had a big impact on kurds and their tongue speak.

personally i love the latin alphabet.

:D
red wolf
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:12 pm

red wolf wrote:well it will take time to replace the system and make it latin. the iranízation,arabization.turkifation has had a big impact on kurds and their tongue speak.

personally i love the latin alphabet.

:D

I think you are ONLY talking about Southern Kurdistan...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: red wolf » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:36 pm

i meant the tongue speak......... :D not the alphabet the kurdish people uses much words from turks,arabs and persians
red wolf
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:49 pm

red wolf wrote:i meant the tongue speak......... :D not the alphabet the kurdish people uses much words from turks,arabs and persians

Red - could you please go to "Introduce Yourself" - I started a welcome thread... :wink:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: missIndependent » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:56 pm

dear red wolf, as kak Diri and kak Amanc said, there IS united Kurdish Alphabets both in Sorani and Latini, it's all up to Kurds, specially us the youth to learn it and use it for "communication" :)

for instance, until last year, i wasn't even sure why Mehabad(Mihabad) is spelt this way but not Mahabad :roll: :shock: :oops: until a friend introduced me to the standard Latini kurdish alphabet. 8) and i learnt it by myself n of course he helped too.
it doesn't really matter what dialect do you speak or which part of kurdistan are you from, i think learning how to read and write in both Latini script and arabic script(if possible) are necessary for the time being until hopefully one day the united latini kurdish alphabet is the main script.

Her Bijî :wink:
Image Image

I only trust two people in my life, One is myself, and the other one is NOT you!
missIndependent
Ashna
Ashna

Next

Return to Language