Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

how do you say street/road in your dialect?

Discuss about language(s) in English

PostAuthor: heval » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:52 pm

pepula wrote:Bahdini is really nice actually especially in Duhok...its such a sweet dialect. But i agree with one standard Kurdish which we all understand and well most Soranis can understand Bahdini yet cant understand Kurmanci bakur so perhaps Bahdini is the route to take??


No, a standardized Kurdish language should be developed by a Kurdish delegation using all the Kurdish dialects.
User avatar
heval
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:10 pm
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:56 pm

heval wrote:
pepula wrote:Bahdini is really nice actually especially in Duhok...its such a sweet dialect. But i agree with one standard Kurdish which we all understand and well most Soranis can understand Bahdini yet cant understand Kurmanci bakur so perhaps Bahdini is the route to take??


No, a standardized Kurdish language should be developed by a Kurdish delegation using all the Kurdish dialects.



I second that!
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: pepula » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:19 am

yeah heval your way is better. but i only suggested it as bahdini is sort of 'in the middle'- what most understand a bit of
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:47 pm

pepula wrote:yeah heval your way is better. but i only suggested it as bahdini is sort of 'in the middle'- what most understand a bit of



Pepule! Don't shock me like that...

You understand "a bit" of Zazakî - you understand "most of" Badînî... Not "a bit"! :shock:

If that realy is the case - I am shocked... Soranî and Kurmancî come from the same side - it's the same dialect - developed into different branches...

We use the same words - only they have become mutated...

We say;

Dichim

You say;

(e)chim


Mutated in other words... Not "different"... :roll:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: pepula » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:11 pm

Diri wrote:
pepula wrote:yeah heval your way is better. but i only suggested it as bahdini is sort of 'in the middle'- what most understand a bit of



Pepule! Don't shock me like that...

You understand "a bit" of Zazakî - you understand "most of" Badînî... Not "a bit"! :shock:

If that realy is the case - I am shocked... Soranî and Kurmancî come from the same side - it's the same dialect - developed into different branches...

We use the same words - only they have become mutated...

We say;

Dichim

You say;

(e)chim


Mutated in other words... Not "different"... :roll:



No Diri i say dichim not echim-thats ust what suleimanis and kerkukis say because they cant be bothered to pronounce the 'd'. otherwise i say dichim because it is standard kurdish.


and yes it is true, i do understand a lot of bahdini/kurmanci but because all ends of kurdistan have been infiltrated with turkish, farsi and arabic, i cant always understand the kurmanci dialect so i am just trying (even though its usually just a different accent 8) )

and its true i really hardly understand zazaki...i was in a shop the other day and the guys asked if we were kurdish and we were like yeah where are you from? he replied saying, from the north (turkiye was what he said :shock: ) and me, trying out my supercool kurmanci accent :P , said 'chawani' to them and well.... he just looked at me funny :?

what does cheri mean?? apparently it means 'how are you' in some sort of kurdish??
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:29 pm

pepula wrote:
Diri wrote:
pepula wrote:yeah heval your way is better. but i only suggested it as bahdini is sort of 'in the middle'- what most understand a bit of



Pepule! Don't shock me like that...

You understand "a bit" of Zazakî - you understand "most of" Badînî... Not "a bit"! :shock:

If that realy is the case - I am shocked... Soranî and Kurmancî come from the same side - it's the same dialect - developed into different branches...

We use the same words - only they have become mutated...

We say;

Dichim

You say;

(e)chim


Mutated in other words... Not "different"... :roll:



No Diri i say dichim not echim-thats ust what suleimanis and kerkukis say because they cant be bothered to pronounce the 'd'. otherwise i say dichim because it is standard kurdish.


and yes it is true, i do understand a lot of bahdini/kurmanci but because all ends of kurdistan have been infiltrated with turkish, farsi and arabic, i cant always understand the kurmanci dialect so i am just trying (even though its usually just a different accent 8) )

and its true i really hardly understand zazaki...i was in a shop the other day and the guys asked if we were kurdish and we were like yeah where are you from? he replied saying, from the north (turkiye was what he said :shock: ) and me, trying out my supercool kurmanci accent :P , said 'chawani' to them and well.... he just looked at me funny :?

what does cheri mean?? apparently it means 'how are you' in some sort of kurdish??



Hahaha... Those LAZY Kerkûkî and Sulêmanî people... :P

Oh - Cherî can be the same as Che torî... If you cut down some of the hard sounds - you will eventually have "Cherî" (cutting out "t" and "o")...

And yes - it means "How are/is you/it"... :)

Dimilî and Hewramî is easier to understand, if one speaks/has knowledge of Persian and other Iranian languages...

Which city are you from then? I thought you were from around Sulêmanî... :roll:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: pepula » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:35 pm

Well originally our family is Kerkûkî but every summer i go back to Kurdistan i go to Sulêmanî, because my family lives there.
I was born in Saqiz and all the relatives i have here are either Hewlêrî or have married Hewlêrîs and because my dad was well educated in Kurdish he has spoke always in standard Kurdish.....and i'm teaching myself Kurmancî full

so i have picked it up from everywhere basically....Kurdî min gelêk têkele :roll:
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:44 pm

pepula wrote:Well originally our family is Kerkûkî but every summer i go back to Kurdistan i go to Sulêmanî, because my family lives there.
I was born in Saqiz and all the relatives i have here are either Hewlêrî or have married Hewlêrîs and because my dad was well educated in Kurdish he has spoke always in standard Kurdish.....and i'm teaching myself Kurmancî full

so i have picked it up from everywhere basically....Kurdî min gelêk têkele :roll:


Okey...

Well... Then you are originally Rojhelatî too... 8)

Kicha Kurda - your dialect sure is a bit mixed... Judging from that last line in Kurdish... :P


I would say:

Kurdiya min gellek têkele... And that is standard Kurmancî too... My dialect is very similar to the standard - except I don't use words like "fam dikem" etc - I say "Têgehîjim" ("I understand") :D

And my dialect isn't very much different from Badînî - except we speak softly and we have more similarities to Soranî in our vocabulary...
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: pepula » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Yeah i usually understand your kurdish on the forum like fully its just pronounced differently to mine. oh well wahay im from all over kurdistan woooo no to segregation!!
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:29 pm

pepula wrote:Yeah i usually understand your kurdish on the forum like fully its just pronounced differently to mine. oh well wahay im from all over kurdistan woooo no to segregation!!



Was that a hint? "Don't speak about Zaza, Badînî or Soranî!!!" ? :lol:

I agree... But we cannot do without, sadly - but I only speak of 'em like social/linguistic terms...

But there are SOME who talk about Soranî and Kurmancî as "two different people" which is VERY depressing... How can KURDS say that? :shock:
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: pepula » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:36 pm

yes we are all kurds...by blood forever wooooooo
biji kurdistan

no hint intended :P
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~
Image

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 pm
Location: South Kurdistan/London
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: how do you say street/road in your dialect?

PostAuthor: kardox » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:24 am

Mosul wrote:In my dialect(bahdini) we say shahrah.


what about your dialect?



lol musil, ur kurdish isn't that good my friend. We say , Jada = road and Kolan for the smaller streets.
Ham chinaar, ham chighaal, ham zinaar
chee buu Rustamee kurree Zaal


Amr kir seesit u shesht saal
Amr kir seesit u shesht saa


Heezh bichuuka, t'ifaal,
Daayee himbees kir, bira maal
User avatar
kardox
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 603
Images: 8
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:42 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 139 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: how do you say street/road in your dialect?

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:24 pm

kardox wrote:
Mosul wrote:In my dialect(bahdini) we say shahrah.


what about your dialect?



lol musil, ur kurdish isn't that good my friend. We say , Jada = road and Kolan for the smaller streets.


Yes... We do too...

Cadde and Xiyewan - and kolan for the smaller ones and kûche for the smallest ones... :) :P
Image
Image
User avatar
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 6517
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am
Location: Norway
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Nationality: Kurd

Previous

Return to Language

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

cron
x

#{title}

#{text}