Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

how do you say street/road in your dialect?

Discuss about language(s) in English

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:22 am

Mosul wrote:We have too many dialects in Kurdi, there needs to be one universal dialect. I think bahdini would be a good universal dialect.

We don't have "too many dialects" at all... You wouldn't understand - you live in the US... All European countries, which all have languages with deep and loooooong traditions - have MANY dialects - Norwegian has TWO official "language/dialects" - Nynorsk and Bokmål... Those two are the main dialects - but nobody REALY speaks that way! :wink:

We can have Kurmancî, Soranî, Dimilî AND Goranî as our official dialects!

And NO WAY... Badînî is just about the ugliest Kurdish dialect... You speak like as if you are speaking ARABIC... "Raqah"???? :? Come on... We need a soft spoken and pleasent standard. And the one we HAVE, Kurmancî standard is JUST FINE... Just like the Sulêmanî standard for Soranî is JUST FINE...

Fact is this - Standarizing Soranî as a whole - with a mix of East AND South Kurdistan needs to be done...

Just as Standarizing Kurmancî as a whole, South, North AND West Kurdistan needs to be done...

dyaoko wrote:how about arabic ? we can say Salamo Alaykom , Sharah , Alhamdillulah . Allahu Akbar ... instead of Roj Bash, Sheqam , Sipas, Xuda Geweres , :wink: ( Kidding )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure... And let's divide our people - we can use Turkish and Persian as official languages in North and East Kurdistan... :P
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: heval » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:21 am

Come on Kak Dîrî... I'm sure you don't mean what you are saying. Badînî is a beautiful dialect just like all the other Kurdî dialects...

All of you seem to have gotten the wrong idea from my last post... I said: "Standardizing the Kurdish language based on ALL the dialects". Let's see if I can be more clear:

There shouldn't be any one dialect of Kurdish that becomes the official one. (For instance, right now in Southern Kurdistan, Soranî has become the standard. This is WRONG.) There needs to be a new standard Kurdish that incorporates ALL dialects... Or perhaps two standardized ones (one incorporating all Kurmancî-Soranî-Badînî dialects and one incorporating all Gûranî-Hewramî-Zaza dialects). This will create a better sense of unity among Kurds, not to mention, improve our communication.

By the way, this is not some new idea I made up. Most countries with multiple dialects (eg Italy) have done this standardization in the past. This is not a new concept. It's just something Kurds have never had the chance to do.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 pm

heval wrote:Come on Kak Dîrî... I'm sure you don't mean what you are saying. Badînî is a beautiful dialect just like all the other Kurdî dialects...

All of you seem to have gotten the wrong idea from my last post... I said: "Standardizing the Kurdish language based on ALL the dialects". Let's see if I can be more clear:

There shouldn't be any one dialect of Kurdish that becomes the official one. (For instance, right now in Southern Kurdistan, Soranî has become the standard. This is WRONG.) There needs to be a new standard Kurdish that incorporates ALL dialects... Or perhaps two standardized ones (one incorporating all Kurmancî-Soranî-Badînî dialects and one incorporating all Gûranî-Hewramî-Zaza dialects). This will create a better sense of unity among Kurds, not to mention, improve our communication.

By the way, this is not some new idea I made up. Most countries with multiple dialects (eg Italy) have done this standardization in the past. This is not a new concept. It's just something Kurds have never had the chance to do.

I wasn't joking exactly - but I was over doing it... But Badînî realy isn't "beautiful" or "melodic"... Not my fault... Tell it to the singers on Kurdistan TV and KurdSAT - they are giving me a very bad impression...
But I have three Badînî speakers at my course - who speak it rather nicely... Very different from when those gogo's come singing on TV... It must be the bad song-texts... :roll:

Yes - I know what you mean... And that was what I thought you meant too - that was why I mentioned that in Norway there are two dialects, but NOBODY speaks that way! :lol: It is just the way they write their language... Most languages are like that... Like Arabic too - they write one thing - but read another thing - depending on how formal-informal they are, of course... :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:10 pm

Okay, fair enough but I disagree... I like the Duhokî and Amedî/Akreyi accents.

Yes, the same goes for many countries like Italy, as I mentioned. They have a standard dialect, which people write (or even two people from different regions of Italy will speak with one another), and then they have their own regional/city dialects of course, like we do.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:31 pm

heval wrote:Okay, fair enough but I disagree... I like the Duhokî and Amedî/Akreyi accents.

Yes, the same goes for many countries like Italy, as I mentioned. They have a standard dialect, which people write (or even two people from different regions of Italy will speak with one another), and then they have their own regional/city dialects of course, like we do.

Yeah... The ladies at work speak it nicely... Two are from Duhok and two are from Zaxo... It is very much the same as my dialect... But with small differences - the biggest being that my dialect is more "soft-spoken" - and that they have many Arabic words... :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: sal-Ah-uddin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:44 pm

Diri has no manners kak heval thats why he acts like that. he doesnt know that bahdini is kurmanji, and that the president of kurdistan is bahdini.

sal-Ah-uddin
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: sal-Ah-uddin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:45 pm

btw hbk all muslims say allah uakbar alhamdellah salam alkoem, it doesnt matter if your in china your going to say it. Good try though.

sal-Ah-uddin
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:26 pm

sal-Ah-uddin wrote:Diri has no manners kak heval thats why he acts like that. he doesnt know that bahdini is kurmanji, and that the president of kurdistan is bahdini.

Just cut the game, Mosul...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:27 pm

sal-Ah-uddin wrote:btw hbk all muslims say allah uakbar alhamdellah salam alkoem, it doesnt matter if your in china your going to say it. Good try though.

Yeah... Good for you...

Cut the game...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Mosul » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:37 am

Okay Diri, now apologise for that rude comment you made about the bahdinan peoples.

Mosul
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:34 am

Mosul wrote:Okay Diri, now apologise for that rude comment you made about the bahdinan peoples.

Are you still here, sal- Ah - uddin?
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Mosul » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Diri wrote:
Mosul wrote:We have too many dialects in Kurdi, there needs to be one universal dialect. I think bahdini would be a good universal dialect.

We don't have "too many dialects" at all... You wouldn't understand - you live in the US... All European countries, which all have languages with deep and loooooong traditions - have MANY dialects - Norwegian has TWO official "language/dialects" - Nynorsk and Bokmål... Those two are the main dialects - but nobody REALY speaks that way! :wink:

We can have Kurmancî, Soranî, Dimilî AND Goranî as our official dialects!

And NO WAY... Badînî is just about the ugliest Kurdish dialect... You speak like as if you are speaking ARABIC... "Raqah"???? :? Come on... We need a soft spoken and pleasent standard. And the one we HAVE, Kurmancî standard is JUST FINE... Just like the Sulêmanî standard for Soranî is JUST FINE...

Fact is this - Standarizing Soranî as a whole - with a mix of East AND South Kurdistan needs to be done...

Just as Standarizing Kurmancî as a whole, South, North AND West Kurdistan needs to be done...

dyaoko wrote:how about arabic ? we can say Salamo Alaykom , Sharah , Alhamdillulah . Allahu Akbar ... instead of Roj Bash, Sheqam , Sipas, Xuda Geweres , :wink: ( Kidding )

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure... And let's divide our people - we can use Turkish and Persian as official languages in North and East Kurdistan... :P

im still waiting for your apology Diri, did your parents not teach your any manners? [-X

Mosul
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: pepula » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:17 am

Bahdini is really nice actually especially in Duhok...its such a sweet dialect. But i agree with one standard Kurdish which we all understand and well most Soranis can understand Bahdini yet cant understand Kurmanci bakur so perhaps Bahdini is the route to take??
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Ciwan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:15 pm

kolan = street

em wisa dibêjin

Ciwan
Nubar