Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Latin Vs Sorani script

Discuss about language(s) in English

Re: Latin Vs Sorani script

PostAuthor: Cewlik » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:17 pm

jjmuneer wrote:What is wrong with using it?

Because its not so known like the latin script. Latin script is indo european, its western, its international, most of the people use it because of English, moste of the Kurds use it (North Kurdistan), even south Kurdistan use it beside arabic script and all Kurds in the Diaspora use it (including you). So there is no doubt that latin script should be our script, even if they make a referendum, most of the Kurds will vote for latin.
Cewlik
Tuti
Tuti
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Cewlik wrote:
jjmuneer wrote:What is wrong with using it?

Because its not so known like the latin script. Latin script is indo european, its western, its international, most of the people use it because of English, moste of the Kurds use it (North Kurdistan), even south Kurdistan use it beside arabic script and all Kurds in the Diaspora use it (including you). So there is no doubt that latin script should be our script, even if they make a referendum, most of the Kurds will vote for latin.

You don't know that the Kurds will vote for Latin script for sure though.
The Acyrillic script is also indo-european, more archaic even than the latin one. Plus I don't see why some Kurds here want to conform to the European idea of writing. Anyways as Kak Ideas said, regardless of what we think, its up to the Kurdish people and linguists to decide.
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Cewlik » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:29 pm

jjmuneer wrote:You don't know that the Kurds will vote for Latin script for sure though.

I know it. More than 90% of northern Kurds would vote for the latin script and maybe 30-60% in south Kurdistan. Sorry but nobody would vote for Acyrillic script. LoL
Cewlik
Tuti
Tuti
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:02 pm

Cewlik wrote:
jjmuneer wrote:You don't know that the Kurds will vote for Latin script for sure though.

I know it. More than 90% of northern Kurds would vote for the latin script and maybe 30-60% in south Kurdistan. Sorry but nobody would vote for Acyrillic script. LoL

Have you examined the cyrillic script? It looks pretty easy to learn and is much more comptiable with the Kurdish language.

А
A Б
Be В
Ve Г
Ge Ґ
Ge upturn Д
De Ђ
Dje Ѓ
Gje Е
Ye Ё
Yo Є
Yest Ж
Zhe
З
Ze З́
[ʑ] Ѕ
Dze И
I І
Dotted I Ї
Yi Й
Short I Ј
Je К
Ka Л
El Љ
Lje М
Em
Н
En Њ
Nje О
O П
Pe Р
Er С
Es С́
[ɕ] Т
Te Ћ
Tshe Ќ
Kje У
U Ў
Short U
Ф
Ef Х
Kha Ц
Tse Ч
Che Џ
Dzhe Ш
Sha Щ
Shcha Ъ
Hard sign (Yer) Ы
Yery Ь
Soft sign (Yeri) Э
E Ю
Yu
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 am

why cant we Kurds just agree about having two forms of Kurdish language scripts? sorani and kurmanji !!. Switzerland one of the most richest countries with the population less than 8 million people (which is 5 times less then Kurds) has 4 official languages and what is interesting there is no official capital. the writing system of sorani or latini (which doesnt apply to Switzerland) but one would agree that both of them can function very good in such a big country as Kurdistan.

also in Canada there two languages English and French. one can be sure there are more countries in the world which has more than one official language (china?) as well ?.

In India there two writing systems - latini for English (which is one of the official language) and Hindu script which looks like on this pic below, and no one is worrying about it in India?. So we also shouldn't complain about sorani script, if i personally can [read write and speak sorani and kurmanji(60%) scripts] then any kurd from all 4 parts can, by the way i am no linguistist, professor or genius :-D

http://www.facebook.com/ajax/messaging/ ... oH_odUsg5z
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Bestoun » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 pm

A country cannot have two scripts, especially Kurdistan! It will create even more disunity between the kurds. Understanding each other will be even harder. And the latin script has imo a lot more advantages. For example learning modern languages and english will be a lot easier. But I would rather change the latin script to the yekgirtú alphabet because of it's use of Latin-1. It's so perfect and it uses the QWERTY-keyboard system, Yekgirtú is an alphabet of the modern day. It is adapted to suit the needs of the modern world whereas Internet, sms, chat, computers in general etc, are important tools used in everyday life. Since it uses the standard Latin alphabet it is easily applied to all existing hard- and software and needs no changeovers of any greater kind except for that of the mind. Kurdish language itself is an indo-European language, thus being closer to languages like English, Spanish, German etc. than to Arabic or Turkish.

It has 34 letter including "sh (English: sheep)", "rr (Trill "R" as Spanish perro, or Kurdish: Pirr , Birrín)", "jh (English: Pleasure) and "ll (Kurdish: Dill , Mall)"

That's my thoughts and opinions on the united kurdish script.
Min be Kurdî denûsim
Bestoun
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 am

i agree for most part, but the latin has to be modified to match the sorani letters which the kurmanjis do not have or use....

they are about roughly 7 letters ...
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Bestoun » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:18 pm

alan131210 wrote:i agree for most part, but the latin has to be modified to match the sorani letters which the kurmanjis do not have or use....

they are about roughly 7 letters ...

which are they? :-?
Min be Kurdî denûsim
Bestoun
Shermin
Shermin

Previous

Return to Language