Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

hello from America!!

New members say a hello here (you can aslo introduce your blog/site here)

hello from America!!

PostAuthor: porcupine26 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:15 pm

hello all,
I'm an american woman trying to learn more about kurdish culture. My boyfriend is Kurdish and Harami, and I would like to know more about their customs and how to cook their food (if anyone has a recipe for dolma, please send it to me!! thanks :)). I also wanted to know how Kurdish men differ from men of other ethnicities, what their values and morals are, and how they treat/respect their women? What about the whole kurdish guy dating an american girl thing? i find my situation very rare, but i adore my boyfriend alot!! he's charming and very nice :) Are all kurdish men like that? anyways, choney!!!

porcupine26
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

hello from America!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: hello from America!!

PostAuthor: talsor » Thu May 24, 2012 3:49 am

Welcome to Roj bash porcupine26 and great to have you . You ask too many question in a single post , but I will do my best to answer them including the dolma one :D

The kurdish culture is more open if you compare it to the rest of middle east and men are much more respectful and caring when it comes to their wives , but if we compare it to the american culture then we are view as being conservative .

The most distinctive feature you will notice among kurdish men and woman is the tragic past and present depending on where they are from . Kurds do not trust people easily , but when they do they do they love , care and trust with no limits .

kurdish food is a source of happiness and stablility in relation , So here is a link for some of the recipes I found on-line and I'm sure you will find plenty more on YouTube .

http://www.globe-recipes.com/Kurdish-Recipes.php

Dolma

Beryani

talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Londoner » Thu May 24, 2012 9:47 am

Welcome to the site and congratulation for you having a boy friend with whom you are so happy. May your hapiness last for ever.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: kurd-sthanam » Thu May 24, 2012 5:29 pm

hello, welcome.

i personaly love food with onion and yoghurt and cooked meat :D

Dolma: with yoghurt and onion (white one)

cooked lamb meat with the bones (cooked in water). let the meat cook very slow, wait 5-6 hours. salt is enought.

sîrerûn: kurdish tortilla (nanê sêlê) rulled tight and cut into many short cylinder pieces, then placed on the flat sides until it fills bottom the plate. melt some butter until it is liquid like water and spill it on the rulled bread pieces and plate. than make some omelet (not round, but with pieces). put the omelet on the plate on the bread pieces. take some thick yoghurt (in the name of turkish or greek yoghurt) and put onion in it and put it on the omelet with breads and butter. then melt some butter togehter with mint and drop it on the food. serve.

kurdish fast food:
eggplant, squash, long and thick chillies. cook it with butter and serve with bread and yoghurt. sorry my english :D

zad: cook some bulgur with meat and veggies. (a lot of green onion)

kurdish fast food salad: green onion leafs. just eat it with tortilla

old kurdish children desert: tortilla bread with butter and sugar
kurd-sthanam
Ashna
Ashna

Return to Introduce Yourself