Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Memî Alan on Kurdistan TV

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: heval » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:02 pm

I think the article below is really old.. but they have been airing "Memî Alan" every night the last few days.

Memi Alan drama will be shown on Kurdistan TV during Ramadan
KurdishMedia.com
By Bryar Mariwani

London: The drama show, Memi Alan, is a superb show which will be shown by the Kurdish satellite TV station, Kurdistan TV.

Throughout 30 parts each consisting of 45 minutes; the Kurds from South
Kurdistan tell the historic Kurdish folkl story, Memi Alan. Memi Alan is about a love story between a Kurdish girl and a Kurdish boy from different tribes.

Nasir Hassan, the director of the successful drama said, "Memi Alan is the most substantial and the most sophisticated artistic work ever done in Kurdistan". With a crew, more than 1000 people and 250 actors, the work on the superb drama kicked off in 2001. Now it is achieved and ready to be broadcasted.

Modern style techniques have been used by crew to film the drama. Scientific and historic aspects have been used to produce the clothes, buildings and caravans.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:38 pm

I wish I could see it, has anyone seen it ? how is the quality of the plays ?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:50 pm

I have seen it...

I think... :shock:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 pm

dyaoko wrote:I wish I could see it, has anyone seen it ? how is the quality of the plays ?

I have seen it. The quality is actually very impressive for a low budget film. It is probably the better than any other tv series aired on Kurdistan TV. Perhaps the best part about the series is the clothing they use. They use a very old style of Kurdish clothing that looks even better than any Kurdish clothes that we wear today.

When they interviewed the director of the film about where he got the ideas for the clothes, he said they obtained many documents from old explorers who travelled Kurdistan centuries ago. (I think he said one of the sources was from the writings of Frenchmen who encountered Kurds 300 years ago - or something like that...)
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:25 am

heval wrote:
dyaoko wrote:I wish I could see it, has anyone seen it ? how is the quality of the plays ?

I have seen it. The quality is actually very impressive for a low budget film. It is probably the better than any other tv series aired on Kurdistan TV. Perhaps the best part about the series is the clothing they use. They use a very old style of Kurdish clothing that looks even better than any Kurdish clothes that we wear today.

When they interviewed the director of the film about where he got the ideas for the clothes, he said they obtained many documents from old explorers who travelled Kurdistan centuries ago. (I think he said one of the sources was from the writings of Frenchmen who encountered Kurds 300 years ago - or something like that...)

Now I am uncertain of whether I have seen the film or not...

Can you explain and tell us some details about the film you are speaking about? Like the plot? :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:12 am

Diri wrote:Now I am uncertain of whether I have seen the film or not...

Can you explain and tell us some details about the film you are speaking about? Like the plot? :roll:

More along the lines of a mini-series that they are showing in segments (about 25 minutes every night for the next couple weeks) than a film. The plot -------- I'm sure you know the story of Mem û Zîn (right???) - well, the film begins with Mem's birth. If you haven't seen it, start watching it bira!! I know you have Kurdistan TV :wink:
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: sorgul » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:38 pm

is this new...bc i remeber a few years ago..maybe 2?? not sure
they showed this during ramazan...and it was in segements... it was really good i liked it :)
tu hem gule hem rehani hem derd hem dermani
sorgul
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:48 pm

heval wrote:

More along the lines of a mini-series that they are showing in segments (about 25 minutes every night for the next couple weeks) than a film. The plot -------- I'm sure you know the story of Mem û Zîn (right???) - well, the film begins with Mem's birth. If you haven't seen it, start watching it bira!! I know you have Kurdistan TV :wink:

Yes - but I need a little hint as to my - "have I seen it?" -question... Because I have seen one yes... But when you mention the old Kurdish clothes - I am not so sure anymore... I thought the clothes in the film I had seen were just normal...

Are you sure they aren't just the Kurmancî clothings? :roll: That was what they were wearing in the one I saw...

When does it air? I need to check it out...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:04 pm

Diri wrote:
heval wrote:

Yes - but I need a little hint as to my - "have I seen it?" -question... Because I have seen one yes... But when you mention the old Kurdish clothes - I am not so sure anymore... I thought the clothes in the film I had seen were just normal...

Are you sure they aren't just the Kurmancî clothings? :roll: That was what they were wearing in the one I saw...

No, the style is unique and much different than any modern style. The director was even questioned about the clothing, like I mentioned, and he said the ideas for the clothing was obtained from old French books. It is on at about 11:30PM (23:30) U.S. Eastern Time every night. (Not sure about your time zone.)

Yeah Sorgul, they did show it 2 years ago I think during Ramazan, but I didn't watch it before for some reason. Luckily, they're showing it again :wink:
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:34 pm

heval wrote:
Diri wrote:
heval wrote:

No, the style is unique and much different than any modern style. The director was even questioned about the clothing, like I mentioned, and he said the ideas for the clothing was obtained from old French books. It is on at about 11:30PM (23:30) U.S. Eastern Time every night. (Not sure about your time zone.)

Yeah Sorgul, they did show it 2 years ago I think during Ramazan, but I didn't watch it before for some reason. Luckily, they're showing it again :wink:

There is about 5-7 hours difference from Norway... So it is at night-time over here by then... So if the time is 11:30PM there it is in to the morning hours over here... :( So about 05:00 AM... :shock:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: heval » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:58 pm

Diri wrote:There is about 5-7 hours difference from Norway... So it is at night-time over here by then... So if the time is 11:30PM there it is in to the morning hours over here... :( So about 05:00 AM... :shock:

Kake gyan... usually Kurdistan-TV plays all there programs twice (in the U.S., I usually see the same programs on during our night that they play in our morning). So I am pretty sure they are playing this mini-series everyday twice-a-day too but I am unsure of the other time it plays at. You will have to figure it out because I am not home during the day :P
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:18 pm

heval wrote:
Diri wrote:There is about 5-7 hours difference from Norway... So it is at night-time over here by then... So if the time is 11:30PM there it is in to the morning hours over here... :( So about 05:00 AM... :shock:

Kake gyan... usually Kurdistan-TV plays all there programs twice (in the U.S., I usually see the same programs on during our night that they play in our morning). So I am pretty sure they are playing this mini-series everyday twice-a-day too but I am unsure of the other time it plays at. You will have to figure it out because I am not home during the day :P

Yes, well thank you for the thought... Very nice of you... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: sorgul » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:34 pm

i saaw a little bit last night like 15 min... :D..does anyone know where to find mem u zin...i know it was made in diyarbekir i tried seacrhing for it and all i get is turkish :x
sorgul
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: abdur » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:34 pm

Sorgul, I downloaded that movie (starring the late Musa Anter) a while ago, and it is dubbed in kurdish. :)

Details how to download: http://thekurdistani.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=300
abdur
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: sorgul » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:38 pm

ok thnx for the link but it really didnt help i dont see any thing about mem u zin.......can u give a direct link
spas
sorgul
Ashna
Ashna

Next

Return to Roj Bash Cafe