Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

Do you count Faylis(south-eastern Kurds) as apart of the Kurdish nation?

Yes
25
93%
No
2
7%
 
Total votes : 27

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: purearch72 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Is the Kurdish Population more than 7 million in Iran. I heard that Khorson has 2million Kurds If thats true I believe Kurds will soon be pushing 10million in Iran.
Sorry a bit off topic.

purearch72
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 am
Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 116 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 pm

His bring this crap that Faylis "vote for sistani", I don't even know where the f**k he got that from. Because we really care about the Sistanis or Sadrs....
Mêdî û Pahlî
User avatar
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Rojhelat Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2572 times
Been thanked: 1013 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: RawandKurdistani » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:34 pm

purearch72 wrote:Is the Kurdish Population more than 7 million in Iran. I heard that Khorson has 2million Kurds If thats true I believe Kurds will soon be pushing 10million in Iran.
Sorry a bit off topic.


I believe the population is around 7-8 million. And i don't know if that's including the Khorasani kurds. But if it is'nt, then the your right. The population will be a bit over 10 million.
Kurdistan, the great land of the Medes.
User avatar
RawandKurdistani
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 240 times
Been thanked: 217 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: RawandKurdistani » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:36 pm

jjmuneer wrote:His bring this crap that Faylis "vote for sistani", I don't even know where the f**k he got that from. Because we really care about the Sistanis or Sadrs....


Seriously, i gotta go have a chat with him now, he's on your channel right?
Kurdistan, the great land of the Medes.
User avatar
RawandKurdistani
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 240 times
Been thanked: 217 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Some of the users on paltalk are really stupid, I've never actually been on it but I've been told. To me it sounds like hardcore anti-Arabs which is quite common among Southern Kurds in Europe. I don't think it was necessarily because he was fayli but rather him speaking in Arabic to the Arab guest which in my book is perfectly fine however some disagree and so I'm under the impression that they would have swore whether the guy was fayli or not. It's what he did, not what he is.

There's also this phenomena of Shia Kurds in Iran letting their sect come before their Kurdishiness which is unfortunately projected onto faylies in Southern Kurdistan and in general, but those ignorant people are in a small minority and we have yet to see any news of discrimination against faylies in Kurdistan. If there was a sectarian war like in Iraq, then I'd be worried, but this is insignificant.


Not the point Ideas, the point is he had to use the fact he was a Fayli and simply empthazed on that point. I mean are you really telling me there aren't southern Kurds who use Arabic as a secondary or third language? Does that render them as not Kurdish? Of course not.

That is the problem it is seen as a "fayli problem", but frankly that is where people are just generalization and stereotyping, because that is a minority. It isn't a "growing trend", it was always around as something minor. There is a Kurd here call 'Kurdsta' he lives in Australia and is familar with Faylis, he can back up what I have stated.

Ideas I agree it is insignificant, but there have been informal types of discrimination against the Faylis in Kurdistan. And I mean certain indiviuals that make comments behind my back. I remember when I was in SK, I was speaking fayli to my cousin, and I really don't know how the hell, but the shopkeepers assumed we were Arabs. And to be honest I really think they did it on purpose, but maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.
Mêdî û Pahlî
User avatar
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Rojhelat Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2572 times
Been thanked: 1013 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 pm

KurdInEurope wrote:Do you need to download that client to join the chat?

Yes, usually voice chat however. Though I quit Paltalk along time ago, my dad still goes on it. That is the only reason I know.
Mêdî û Pahlî
User avatar
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Rojhelat Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2572 times
Been thanked: 1013 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: RawandKurdistani » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm

JJmuneer, i was looking though your channel, though i could'nt find the guy your talking about, am i doing something wrong?
Kurdistan, the great land of the Medes.
User avatar
RawandKurdistani
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 240 times
Been thanked: 217 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 pm

RawandKurdistani wrote:JJmuneer, i was looking though your channel, though i could'nt find the guy your talking about, am i doing something wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzLGPYpZ8A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1    I think his the same guy form Paltalk.
Mêdî û Pahlî
User avatar
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Rojhelat Kurdistan
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 2572 times
Been thanked: 1013 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: RawandKurdistani » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

jjmuneer wrote:
RawandKurdistani wrote:JJmuneer, i was looking though your channel, though i could'nt find the guy your talking about, am i doing something wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzLGPYpZ8A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1    I think his the same guy form Paltalk.


Thanks, you know he sounds completly like a turk :lol:
Kurdistan, the great land of the Medes.
User avatar
RawandKurdistani
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Location: Kurdistan
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 240 times
Been thanked: 217 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Very interesting articile on Feylí Kurds

Pahli (Feylí)

The Pahli (Kurdish: Pehlí, په‌هلی also called Fayli or Faili) Kurds are an integral part of the Kurdish Nation, speaking the Laki dialect of Kurdish.

The roots of the Pahli (Fayli or Faili) Kurds go back to the Indo-European immigrants of the 1st millennium BC. The Pahlis are roughly equally divided between the followers of Shiite Islam and the native Kurdish religion of Yazdanism (the Ahl-i Haqq branch). Conversion into Shi'ite Islam among the Pahli Kurds began during the reign of the Safavid dynasty in Persia (1507-1721).

There are many folk stories and etymologies for the "meaning" of the name Pahli/Fayli/Faili. In his book, Mu'jam al-buldan, the geographer Yaqut of Hama notes in 13th century that the Pahli/Faili who reside the mountains separating Persia from Iraq are called Faili/Pahli because they are as huge as elephants (from "fil", Arabic for elephant)! Others proposed that the name was that of a ruler of the area, given later to his subjects. Some of these folkloric accounts are discussed by Khusrow Goran in his book Kurdistan Through Eyes "volume I (Stockholm, 1992).

The historical fact on the root of the name of the Pahli is fully clear. As M. R. Izady notes in his work (The Kurds: A Concise Handbook, London, 1992), the territory inhabited by the Pahli/Fayli Kurds was known as "Pahla" (meaning "Parthia") since the 3rd century AD. The area boasted to one of the most important Parthian settlements outside Parthia proper (or Khurasan). The name "Pahla" was likewise used for the area by the early Muslim geographer until the 13th century, after which the name "Luristan" gradually came to replace it. The Arabic texts recorded the name as "Fahla" or "Bahla", (Arabic lacks the letter "p"). From "Fahla" has since evolved Faila and Faili -- the modern name of the Pahli Kurds. In fact, there is still a small town called Pahla in the south of the major city of Ilam in South Kurdistan which is the heart of traditional settlement occupied by Pahlis.

http://www.kurdishacademy.org/?q=node/46
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 19821
Images: 331
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 5833 times
Been thanked: 710 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 pm

@ jjmuneer

I saw this and thought of you :D

Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
User avatar
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator
 
Posts: 19821
Images: 331
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm
Location: Sitting in front of computer
Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Has thanked: 5833 times
Been thanked: 710 times
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: Fayli aren't Kurds

PostAuthor: unitedkurdistan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 pm

jjmuneer wrote:
brendar wrote:Its because the stupidity among us is very high. Kurds should stop making fun of each other. These kind of things should be avoided and stopped otherwise we are the same as any other jash.

I think it is also due to religious differences, we need to remove religon as something official. Kurds sould just identify as Kurdish, and whatever religon they are is not needed to be public.


I disagree that it has to do with religion. Look there are those shia kurds that are less nationalistic and more religious but in the same time there are the sunni kurds that are less nationalistic and more religious, there are aslo those ezedis kurds who are more religious than nationalistic. However since the kurdish nationalism started in the more northern parts of Kurdistan, the faylis who lives in the more southern parts never got the same big opportunity as their brothers/sisters to promote their nationalism as much as the kurds in north. This eventually made religion more important but just because you are more religious doesn't mean you loose your kurdish identity. Which they havn't, today the kurdish nationalism in the southern parts are growing and their kurdish proudness aswell.

It has to do with ignorance and stupidity. There are many kurds on the net and outside the net with this ignorance. There are aswell those stupid kurds who view kurds from iran as non kurds and vice versa, belive me or not but I have seen it with my own eyes, they call each other iraqis and iranians. There are also those kurds who view ezedis as arabs because they have seen some ezedis wearing arab clothes. So it is the ignorance which make people look at things like religion, language etc to clearify if they are true kurds or not.
So if anyone thinks i'm persian just because I speak it he clearly is ignorant ands stupid. It's like the turks seeing özil as kurd just because he refuses to play with turkey.
And if we allow this ignorance exsist, differences between kurds will grow.
User avatar
unitedkurdistan
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 pm
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 579 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: kardox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 pm

jjmuneer wrote:Apparently some Southern Kurds on my youtube have stated we faylis "aren't kurds, tu araben", "we are shia follower traitors", "we can't speak proper kurdish", "only kurmanji and sorani are kurdish".
This was on my 'seenomore' channel. Anyway I want to get the view of other Kurds here on this.

Mod edit: Title changed as it was misleading and frankly an insult to faylis and Kurds in general.


Off course I do. Very silly question, I hope that the people who made you ask this question will sleep unconformable tonight. We do have Pahli kurds that are assimilated and have good relations with the Arabs/Persians, but the same goes to all the other Kurds which live on the "borders" of kurdistan. Do not listen to these people, they are ignorant.
Ham chinaar, ham chighaal, ham zinaar
chee buu Rustamee kurree Zaal


Amr kir seesit u shesht saal
Amr kir seesit u shesht saa


Heezh bichuuka, t'ifaal,
Daayee himbees kir, bira maal
User avatar
kardox
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 603
Images: 8
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:42 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 139 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: kardox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:56 pm

to take of the pressure from your chest, i will tell you something; once one guy which did not know i am Behdini, told me , tu xwa badini kay kurda.. hahaha.
Ham chinaar, ham chighaal, ham zinaar
chee buu Rustamee kurree Zaal


Amr kir seesit u shesht saal
Amr kir seesit u shesht saa


Heezh bichuuka, t'ifaal,
Daayee himbees kir, bira maal
User avatar
kardox
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 603
Images: 8
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 1:42 am
Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 139 times
Nationality: Kurd

Re: Do you consider Faylis to be part of the Kurdish nation?

PostAuthor: unitedkurdistan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:07 pm

kardox wrote:to take of the pressure from your chest, i will tell you something; once one guy which did not know i am Behdini, told me , tu xwa badini kay kurda.. hahaha.


thank you, JJ shouldn't feel that faylees are being targeted particularly, I mean who is a real kurd? There is some diversity between the kurdish groups so no one can claim themselves to be the most kurdish. Anyone who views themsleves as kurds are kurds, no one is more and no one is less.
User avatar
unitedkurdistan
Ashna
Ashna
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 pm
Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 579 times
Nationality: Kurd

PreviousNext

Return to Roj Bash Cafe

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]

x

#{title}

#{text}