Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Islam is the Religion Of kurds

Discussions about religion.

PostAuthor: missIndependent » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:13 am

:shock:

hhehehhe, Pilinig, it damn feels good to make Kurdish guys to convince their mistakes, inni?

out of ordinary for our guys.. :roll: :P
Image Image

I only trust two people in my life, One is myself, and the other one is NOT you!
missIndependent
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Alevigüzeli » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:28 pm

Selamunaleyküm everybody.

I am a turkish, alevi student living in Germany. Interesting??? :D However. You were asking, whether Alevis are muslims.... YES, I am Alevi and I can confirm that I have been muslim, and that my family is living this religion tradition and culture (yes it is also a matter of culture) for our whole lifes. We have a very strong family history.
Alevi people in general (at least the thousands that are living in Germany and the millions living in Turkey) believe in prophet Mohammed as their Prophet. Ali is the cousin and at the same time the son in law of prophet Mohammed. He is not a prophet, but is the "lion" of God. We say: Allah, Mohammed ya Ali.
The history of Alevi muslims is very different than the one of Sunnis or Shias. Alevi are not part of Shia.
When prophet Mohammed informed the people then about the words and rules of God, he (as we believe) did not say anything about the 5 times prayers, or the covering of women. These were and still are the perceptions of the people back than. Saying that one should cover up, doesn't have to mean that a woman should wear her scarf so that nobody can recognize her. Don't misunderstand me. I do respect every religion and branch, and you know what, what you do is your business. Nobody can say for sure that one kind of religion is true and others aren't. We all will eventually find out, when it's time, too..
So what I want to say that, Ebu Bekir, Ömer, and so on, back than took it somehow the wrong way. The fullfilling of the Qur'an took more than 30 years. So different people have different perceptions, and therefore some verses in the Qur'an are contradictive.... The second Sura, a person that doesn't believe in God, is a disbeliever. At the same time Jews and Christians believe in God. At another verse Jews, Christians a disbelievers.... and so on.
At another vers of another sura is the scarf mentioned. At the time there is a sentence saying, adapt to your society. How can I live in Germany, living in a German society without integrating myself. A scarf would show exactly that. Also what you have to know, is that people, especially women back then were suffering from the hot sun. So a scarf would just be the best solution.
Back to Alevis. We believe that Imam Ali was the only one back then of course that believed in the right message, which was told by Mohammed in the first place. Alcohol is ok, as long as you don't overdo it, meaning you should not get drunk, because then you may not have the control over your senses. Pork is forbidden. Treat human beeings, animals and nature with respect. Women and Men are equal. Women and Men should cover up until knees. Should does not have to be a rule. Women and Men pray together. A muslim should always say Allaha sükür, arabic Alhamdulillah which means Thank you God. We do not have the law of praying a certain number of times a day, like the Sunnis do 5x or the Shias do 3x. What is important is not memorizing the verses of the Qur'an and praying that way or some people just read something written in Old Arabic, and don't even understand the concept of it. What is important, is to pray when you feel a certain connection to Allah, or let's just say when you pray when you feel like praying. Because I believe that saying something without meaning it, or just reading it, will not give you the feeling that you have when you're really talking and asking God.
Being Alevi seems always weired. Because what the Alevi minorities believes are, what our interpretation of the holy Qur'an is, may and is in this matter not neccessarily the same as the huge number of people that are Sunni or Shia. What you just have to know is that the world's rules are written by people that belong to a huge and strong community, religion, branch, and that most books in history are about their lifes, their believes, and so on. People like us, unforunately, did not have the possibility to write everything down that we have learned from our prophet, our Imam, and our saints. But you know what, I don't thing that it is all as neccessary as some people might guess. It's all a matter of trying to be a good hearted human being that does not harm anybody.
So I hope that I at least could give you a little insight into the religion, tradition and culture of Alevi people.
Ma'asalama
Alevigüzeli

Alevigüzeli
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: K4L_2007 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:55 pm

Mosul wrote:diri kurdish is a islamic culture, you know this yourself, what is so bad about islam that you deney it within our culture, look how kurds talk,dress, everything down to the way we bath is islamic. look at kurdish men, what do they always carry in their hands? Tazbeks also known as prayer beads. you know this all, you have been these forums to long.

Cant agree more

Kurdish Freedom Fighters wrote:**** the islam because of the islam we dont have a land

edit: sorry for profanity but i dont like when you insult my religion.

to me, the main reason why we dont have a country is because our forefathers didn't make any contact with the rest of the world. We were for ourselves at our own montains not caring about anything else.

That way, other states took advantage of us when countries were dealt.
They thought we wouldnt care that our country actually belonged to another since nobody would bother us, and we wouldnt bother them. But then we became more civilized with the rest of the world and one thing lead to another.
Last edited by K4L_2007 on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
K4L_2007
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:11 am

Alevigüzeli wrote:Selamunaleyküm everybody.

I am a turkish, alevi student living in Germany. Interesting??? :D However. You were asking, whether Alevis are muslims.... YES, I am Alevi and I can confirm that I have been muslim, and that my family is living this religion tradition and culture (yes it is also a matter of culture) for our whole lifes. We have a very strong family history.
Alevi people in general (at least the thousands that are living in Germany and the millions living in Turkey) believe in prophet Mohammed as their Prophet. Ali is the cousin and at the same time the son in law of prophet Mohammed. He is not a prophet, but is the "lion" of God. We say: Allah, Mohammed ya Ali.
The history of Alevi muslims is very different than the one of Sunnis or Shias. Alevi are not part of Shia.
When prophet Mohammed informed the people then about the words and rules of God, he (as we believe) did not say anything about the 5 times prayers, or the covering of women. These were and still are the perceptions of the people back than. Saying that one should cover up, doesn't have to mean that a woman should wear her scarf so that nobody can recognize her. Don't misunderstand me. I do respect every religion and branch, and you know what, what you do is your business. Nobody can say for sure that one kind of religion is true and others aren't. We all will eventually find out, when it's time, too..
So what I want to say that, Ebu Bekir, Ömer, and so on, back than took it somehow the wrong way. The fullfilling of the Qur'an took more than 30 years. So different people have different perceptions, and therefore some verses in the Qur'an are contradictive.... The second Sura, a person that doesn't believe in God, is a disbeliever. At the same time Jews and Christians believe in God. At another verse Jews, Christians a disbelievers.... and so on.
At another vers of another sura is the scarf mentioned. At the time there is a sentence saying, adapt to your society. How can I live in Germany, living in a German society without integrating myself. A scarf would show exactly that. Also what you have to know, is that people, especially women back then were suffering from the hot sun. So a scarf would just be the best solution.
Back to Alevis. We believe that Imam Ali was the only one back then of course that believed in the right message, which was told by Mohammed in the first place. Alcohol is ok, as long as you don't overdo it, meaning you should not get drunk, because then you may not have the control over your senses. Pork is forbidden. Treat human beeings, animals and nature with respect. Women and Men are equal. Women and Men should cover up until knees. Should does not have to be a rule. Women and Men pray together. A muslim should always say Allaha sükür, arabic Alhamdulillah which means Thank you God. We do not have the law of praying a certain number of times a day, like the Sunnis do 5x or the Shias do 3x. What is important is not memorizing the verses of the Qur'an and praying that way or some people just read something written in Old Arabic, and don't even understand the concept of it. What is important, is to pray when you feel a certain connection to Allah, or let's just say when you pray when you feel like praying. Because I believe that saying something without meaning it, or just reading it, will not give you the feeling that you have when you're really talking and asking God.
Being Alevi seems always weired. Because what the Alevi minorities believes are, what our interpretation of the holy Qur'an is, may and is in this matter not neccessarily the same as the huge number of people that are Sunni or Shia. What you just have to know is that the world's rules are written by people that belong to a huge and strong community, religion, branch, and that most books in history are about their lifes, their believes, and so on. People like us, unforunately, did not have the possibility to write everything down that we have learned from our prophet, our Imam, and our saints. But you know what, I don't thing that it is all as neccessary as some people might guess. It's all a matter of trying to be a good hearted human being that does not harm anybody.
So I hope that I at least could give you a little insight into the religion, tradition and culture of Alevi people.
Ma'asalama
Alevigüzeli

Hi :)

And welcome to Roj Bash!

Thank you for your interesting post...

May I ask what is your nationality? :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: K4L_2007 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Majority of the kurds are muslims, but there are other religions too which must not be forgotten about.

I must also point out that we have no such thing as a "brotherhood" with other countries just because we are muslims. The kurds are on their own.
K4L_2007
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: K4L_2007 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:33 am

But Diri is/was right

Ezidi show what the old kurds were like and their cultures

And its right, we should have no official religion, theres no use of it anyway, we are a mix of all.

So no official religion ;)
K4L_2007
Shermin
Shermin

Re: Islam is the Religion Of kurds

PostAuthor: Darkseid » Fri May 25, 2007 1:12 pm

I think of any religion in Kurdistan to be translated into Kurdish. This is because I believe all religions can be properly translated into another religion with the same sense of mind as to what is being discussed.

There is no need to tie Kurdish Muslims to Arabic, when all Kurds virtually hate the Arabs (especially the Baaths and Syrians).

I believe you can still have Islam in Kurdistan without Arabic. You just need Arabic as an optional language a Kurd could pick up without having it mandated in order to follow a faith.

BTW, I don't hate Arabs. I hate those people that claim to be Arabs when they aren't and seek to spread Arabism through areas that aren't a part of the Arab homeland. Like for instance. Virtually everyone in Iraq that isn't a Turkmen, Kurd, Assyrian, or Foreigner is a Babylonian that calls him or herself an Arab, when he or she is just a Babylonian. Syrians are Syrians, not Arabs. Their people are native to that land and only adopted Arabic Culture and Language. Genetically they aren't Arabs. The Palestinians aren't Arabs either. They are just Palestinians and are more closer related to the native Israelis. Egyptians aren't Arabs, they are Egyptians. Libyans aren't Arabs, they are Bebers. Lebanonese aren't Arabs (They are a mix of people, but should identify themselves as Phonecians). Tunisians aren't Arabs, they are Bebers. Algerians are Bebers believing to be Arabs. Moroccoans aren't Arabs, they are bebers.

As you can see the real tension between Kurds and the so called "Arabs" is due to the Kurds retaining their ethnic identity and sheering away from this Arabization.
Darkseid
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: sicpit » Tue May 29, 2007 6:03 pm

lol, and America is a "christian" nation.
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Darkseid » Tue May 29, 2007 10:26 pm

sicpit wrote:lol, and America is a "christian" nation.

Arabization and Turkification is grueling measure to end ethnic diversity.
Darkseid
Ashna
Ashna

Re:

PostAuthor: eugenlitwin » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:36 am

Diri wrote:When Kurdistan is independent -

We should have "Yardanism" as our National State Religion... Yardanism is Yêzîdî, Ehlê- Heq and Alevism... And we know that Kurdish original religion is Zerdeshtî... And Yêzîdî religion has derived from Zerdeshtî... So naturally we must honour our forfathers and Let Yardanism be the national religion of our nation - yes we are 70% muslim, but the Zerdesht religion and Yêzîdî religions have built our culture...

really good point) 8)
Mort aux rois!
eugenlitwin
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: sicpit » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:14 am

I think that they should build Gurdawares, Hindu Temples, Buhdist Temples, Synagoges(sp) Bahai temples,... I would be Super happy to see a hundu place of worship,

-Om Namah Shiva
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: sicpit » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:36 am

sicpit wrote:I think that they should build Gurdawares, Hindu Temples, Buhdist Temples, Synagoges(sp) Bahai temples,... I would be Super happy to see a hundu place of worship,

-Om Namah Shiva

Let me ellaborate why, because I think it would be a wise idea to show complete religious tolerance. I also think it would make Kurdistan greatly more diverse and unique, to see other religions being practiced besides abrahamic... I think these would look good on Kurdish soil :)

^^^^
I had to post this, the peacock statue on the right looks like the Yezidi Sanjak :)

^^^
Hindu Temple(can you tell I enjoy the Hindu religion?)

^^^
Buddhist Temple

^^^^
Gurdawara

^^^
Bahai

I mean there is many more I could post, forever there are so many religions in the world, but I think this would be a great start.
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:42 am

I think the best start, is for us to get rid of extremism and fundamentalism...

How?

We must educate and teach our children and families: "Kurd" does not equal "Muslim" - Islam is a religion, and the religion of most Kurds, yes - but it's not the thing all Kurds have in common - nor is it the reason of our existence...

Our people are Muslims, Jews, Christians, Yazidis and Zoroastrians - and there are also atheists, agnostics, Bahais, Hindus, Buddhists etc...

Religion is a private matter - and should not be a factor by which we judge people...

We need extensive education on mainly four religions in Kurdistan:

Islam
Judaism
Christianity
Yazdanism/Zoroastrionism

The other religions of the world must come in second row - because they are not the defining religions of Kurdistan...

However, I'd like for every religion to be thaught, to spread tolerance and knowledge and lessen the fear of the unknown... People despise that which they fear - and they fear that which they do not know...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Re: Re:

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:46 am

eugenlitwin wrote:
Diri wrote:When Kurdistan is independent -

We should have "Yardanism" as our National State Religion... Yardanism is Yêzîdî, Ehlê- Heq and Alevism... And we know that Kurdish original religion is Zerdeshtî... And Yêzîdî religion has derived from Zerdeshtî... So naturally we must honour our forfathers and Let Yardanism be the national religion of our nation - yes we are 70% muslim, but the Zerdesht religion and Yêzîdî religions have built our culture...

really good point) 8)

I still say that the Zoroastrian and Yazidi faiths have built our culture and our traditions as well as formed our language - but I don't think they should be state religions - as Kurds need no state religion... We need Kurdistan and Kurdishness... :)

Bijî her Kurd û Kurdistanî!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: sicpit » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Diri wrote:I think the best start, is for us to get rid of extremism and fundamentalism...

How?

We must educate and teach our children and families: "Kurd" does not equal "Muslim" - Islam is a religion, and the religion of most Kurds, yes - but it's not the thing all Kurds have in common - nor is it the reason of our existence...

Our people are Muslims, Jews, Christians, Yazidis and Zoroastrians - and there are also atheists, agnostics, Bahais, Hindus, Buddhists etc...

Religion is a private matter - and should not be a factor by which we judge people...

We need extensive education on mainly four religions in Kurdistan:

Islam
Judaism
Christianity
Yazdanism/Zoroastrionism

The other religions of the world must come in second row - because they are not the defining religions of Kurdistan...

However, I'd like for every religion to be thaught, to spread tolerance and knowledge and lessen the fear of the unknown... People despise that which they fear - and they fear that which they do not know...

I agree, and I guess these building aren't going to be built unless/until there is a need. I think Kurds could handle this wide variety of religious diference, I mean they for most part do with the ones you mentioned. India is probably the most religious country I know, however it's not really that peaceful. I think Kurds would handle religion like the US, or Europe.
sicpit
Ashna
Ashna

PreviousNext

Return to Religion