Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Islam is the Religion Of kurds

Discussions about religion.

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:33 pm

I wrote some facts about these Alevism, Yezidi and Ehlê Heq in another forum - here it is:

The Yezidi Kurds - who are the parallel to Persian Zoroastrianism does not make up 25 % of Kurds today. Of the 40 million Kurds only between 3-4 percent are Yezidi (about 2-3 million). These manly live in and around Lalesh, in South Kurdistan and around Ararat and Agrî in North Kurdistan - but generally they reside in the Kurdish heartland - between Amed (Diyarbakir) and Ormiye lake and southwards to Qesrê Shîrîn...

It is however right about that many places in Kurdistan people want to recover their ancient religion - but that is Yezidi faith - not Zerdushtî... Zerdushtî is profound Persian faith... And the Yezidi themselves do not see themselves as ascendants of Zerdeshtî - as their faith in most cases collides with the Monolithic thinking in Zerdeshtî... ¨

Kurds are 70 % Sunni Muslim, 7 % Christian and Jews and the remaining (23 %) are keepers of YARSANISM ("CULT OF ANGELS") - Yarsanism has three branches: Alevism, Ehlê Heq and Yezidi... Most of the 23 % belong to the Alevi branch and secondly to the Yezidi branch... The Ehlê Heq branch has most of it's believers in East Kurdistan (Iranian Kurdistan) in the town of Hewreman, Ilam and Kermanshah...

Yezidi religious gathering - honouring Tawus Melek with divine music:

The Yarsan believe in re-incarnation. Today Alevis often see themselves as Muslim - but this is mostly because of the prosecution they have suffered. Because their faith colides in many ways with Islam - for exampel they have saints which is forbidden in Islam, etc.

The Yêzîdî believe in Tawus Melek (Peackock Angel) which has been "given" ALL power by God... They also believe in the Seven Arch Angels. One for each side of life...

The Ehlê Heq is like the "sufi" version of yarsanism... They have a special tradition for prayer and for reaching exodus and oneness with the Great Spirit.

Another correction to the article - The Yezidi turn to the sun THREE times a day to pray... The sun and fire are like in Zerdeshtî, holy...

The word "Kheda" "Xuda" is a Kurdish Yezidi word for God and means "self given" - meaning God was created by God self...

Their book is: Meshaf means "skin" (if I am not mistaking) - e.g the words were written on skins... I think they used sheep skin for the first book...

Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:50 am

Alevis in the north of Kurdistan do not consider themselves as muslim...
if any of you has sources...please go ahead and show them to me...

What's that big rush to pretend that we're all muslim...it is very scary to me...Remind me a lot of "we're all turks..." mentality

By the Way I am a muslim...

DilSaD

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:12 am

Dilshad that is what I am saying too - That the Alevi are a branch of the Yarsani religion...

It is less Islamic than anything else... Come on - they believe in RE-INCARNATION! That is TOTALLY against Islamic teachings...

They sound more Hindu and Budhist than they do Islamic to me... :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:01 pm

I agree with you Diri,

they do have some rituals that are islamic, like saying they follow Imam Ali...but again the one from Maras, Sivas, Dersim are far from considering themselves muslim...

I din't know they believed in re-incarnetion! DId you know they can't eat rabbit?

DilSaD.

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:35 pm

Yes - I think it was mentioned earlier - NOW it is MY turn to shock YOU! Did you know that Yezidi CAN'T EAT SALAT LEAF!!! :lol:

AND ANOTHER SHOCK - THEY CAN'T WEAR CLOTHES WITH THE COLOUR BLUE! :shock: :shock:

:lol:

AND ANOTHER SHOCK: THE YEZIDI ARE TRAPPED IF YOU DRAW A CIRCLE AROUND THEM - THEY CAN't MOVE OUT OF THE CIRCLE!! :shock: :shock:

There are SO many crazy things out in the world - and the most crazy of them all you can find in CRADLE of the world - Kurdistan! :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:04 pm

I remember my cousin telling stories about not wearing Red...
It was considered Heram....
And do you remember how we called cartoon?
Sheytanok :)
I guess there is no diference between us and the yezidis ;)

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:08 pm

Hahahaha :D

Yes my brother - you are right... NO DIFFERENCE what-so-ever! ;)

That is funny... We DO call them shaytanok! ANd it is so funny to say so... It sounds like we have never seen it before and think it is magic :lol:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Mosul » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:57 am

Alevis are muslims, kassem is Alevi and he says hes muslims, It may be orthodoz but it is still muslim, they read the Quran, they belive in Muhammed,and they Belive in one God, that is the basis of Islam.

your the same person that said they were forced to become alevites, and that the turkish alevites are really kurdish cmon now, you think your credible in my eyes anymore Diri?????

Mosul
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:10 am

your the same person that said they were forced to become alevites, and that the turkish alevites are really kurdish cmon now, you think your credible in my eyes anymore Diri?????

I didn't EVER say that Turkis Alevis are Kurds -1
2 - YOU ARE STARTING to make me angry - EVERYBODY has the RIGHT TO CHANGE THEIR OPPINION - IF SOMETHING IS WRONG THEN I ACCEPT IT AND LOOK FOR THE TRUTH AND I ONLY SAY WHAT I THINK!

TO SAY I AM INCREDIBLE IS SO SILLY... GIVE ME EXAMPLES AND CONTRADICTIONS - I DO CHANGE MY OPPINION EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE YOU KNOW THAT???

IF YOU ARE DONE ATTACKING ME:

Alevis are muslims, kassem is Alevi and he says hes muslims, It may be orthodoz but it is still muslim, they read the Quran, they belive in Muhammed,and they Belive in one God, that is the basis of Islam.

LIKE KASSEM SAID: There are MANY ways of being ALEVI - some believe that they are MUSLIM and SOME believe that they are NOT MUSLIM...

IN MY OPPINION - you are one of those who hasn't seen or read much - no offence... That is just how I see you... You say English has MANY Spanish words - WRONG - You say Kurdish is "Indo-Persian language" WRONG! You say that it is called Indo-European because Europeans came to Kurdistan and influenced Kurdish etc. - WRONG! You say that Turkish has ONLY FEW ARABIC words - WRONG - You say YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SORANÎ AND THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY "HELLO/HI" IN KURDISH - Its "SILAW/SELAW"!!! So don't come here and say I am not credible...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: pepula » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:19 pm

NO the ezedis are not satan worshippers.
YES the colour blue is sacred for them
NO you cannot become an ezedi, you have to be born into it
YES they are humans and so we the rest of the kurds should not say bad things about them.

and NO we shouldnt have a national religion. thats terrible. we should all decide for ourselves for which religion we wish to follow-if we do.
~*Welati Me Gullistan e*~

latest pics of kurdistan>> http://www.woahkurd.blogspot.com

pepula
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:14 pm

NO the ezedis are not satan worshippers.
YES the colour blue is sacred for them
NO you cannot become an ezedi, you have to be born into it
YES they are humans and so we the rest of the kurds should not say bad things about them.

and NO we shouldnt have a national religion. thats terrible. we should all decide for ourselves for which religion we wish to follow-if we do.

Like I said ;)

Keep off the Yezidi! They are our true roots - I for one like them VERY much!

And no - national religions don't work for a nation that has many religious branches and beliefs!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Mosul » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:12 am

Diri you do have quite a imagination brother. You make up so many facts, and await to be corrected, what is the point of that, is that how you learn?
If you have ever met a kurd from Iraq,syria,south turkey,and lebanon, you will notice they use arabic to say hello, and are not rasied with your from of "hello". Not all kurdish people talk the same diri, i expect a person who has been around the middle east as you claim to know that. Turkish is not realted to arabic at all, and neither do they have any arabic words, the olny people that have arabic words in turkey are the kurds near the iraqi border as i said. You have olny been kurdish what 1 year? comon now, its disrespectful to talk to me like that, you would get slapped around in kurdish culture if you had a mouth like that. i can tell you how much i input your knowledge diri, i really cant.

Mosul
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:58 am

Mosul - you don't know anything about Turkish appereantly... And I haven't said I have been ALL OVER THE MIDDLE EAST - I said I was born in Urmiye and I have lived in Northern Kurdistan too!

You are just so angry because you are jealuse...

Don't you EVER watch Kurdish TV??? THEY SAY HELLO AND GOOD DAY/EVENING/NIGHt in Kurdish ALL the time...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:42 am

I never use Marhaba for my part...nor have I heard any one in my family use that term....

We use: Rojbas, sevbas, evarbas...as for silav....I never really use it...since I don't have any kurdish friend living around :( so the only time I talk kurdish is to my family or friend over the phone....and you always use the respectfull Rojbas, EvarBas...

The only time I use Silav is to say "silaven me li wan ke" say hello for me...

Or when I sing Mehmed Sexo's song,
"silavente gihane min; li ser ser u li ser cavan;
Ew mektuba te gihaye min , li ser ser u herdu cavan" ;)

D.

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:43 am

Rectification, my parents used to say marhaba, before they were politicized in europe.... ;)

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PreviousNext

Return to Religion