Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

RIP Singer/Actor Meat Loaf Sadly Passed Away

Discuss about the world's headlines

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Click Photos to Enlarge

Meat Loaf has passed away

Meat Loaf, the American singer and actor, has died at the age of 74. Real name, Michael Lee Aday, the performer has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide

The statement said: "Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side. Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours.

"His amazing career spanned six decades that saw him sell over 100 million albums worldwide and star in over 65 movies, including Fight Club, Focus, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Wayne's World.

"Bat Out of Hell remains one of the top 10 selling albums of all time."

The post added: "We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man. We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time.

"From his heart to your souls... don't ever stop rocking!"

Meat Loaf's incredible career in pictures: From Bat Out Of Hell and Rocky Horror to Fight Club and a musical - a look back on the life of one of rock's most iconic voices

Meat Loaf visits the cast of the musical "Bat Out Of Hell" on Broadway at New York City Center on August 20, 2019 in New York City

Meat Loaf 'suing hotel and horror convention' after stage fall

In recent years, Meat Loaf had spoken openly about his health issues, notably asthma, which had led to him collapsing on stage in Wembley in 2003 and Pittsburgh in 2011.

He also collapsed while performing in 2016, with a statement later saying he had been suffering from "severe dehydration".

The cause of death has not been revealed.

Iconic Bat Out Of Hell was biggest hit of his career

phpBB [video]

Meat Loaf was one of the most iconic voices in rock music, and tracks such as Dead Ringer For Love, Paradise By The Dashboard Lights and I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) sold millions of copies during his career.

On screen, his turn as Eddie in the original Rocky Horror Picture Show in 1975 was one of his first film roles, later appearing in huge box office hits such as Spiceworld: The Movie, Wayne's World and The 51st State.

But it was Bat Out Of Hell which made him a household name.

It was written by his collaborator Jim Steinman (who died last year, aged 73), and went on to be released three times - though it only ever got to number 8 on the UK singles chart.

Bat Out Of Hell was also turned into a stage musical, written by Steinman, which is said to be based on Peter Pan.

It premiered in 2017 in Manchester, and went on to get two West End runs, several tours, and productions in the US and Australia.

Pic: Alan Davidson/Shutterstock Capital Radio's 'Party in the Park' in Aid of the Prince's Trust and Help A London Child at Hyde Park - 06 Jul 2003
Image: Meat Loaf in 2003 with Prince Charles. Pic: Alan Davidson/Shutterstock

Stars pay tribute

Cher, who sang Dead Ringer For Love with him, paid tribute to the star, saying: "Had So Much Fun With Meatloaf When We Did 'Dead Ringer'.

"Am Very Sorry For His Family, Friends,& Fans. Am I imagining It, or Are Amazing Ppl In The Arts Dying every other Day".

Stephen Fry was also among those with memories of the singer, tweeting: "I hope paradise is as you remember it from the dashboard light, Meat Loaf.

"Had a fun time performing a sketch with him on Saturday Live way back in the last century."

Radio presenter Jo Whiley added her tributes, saying: "God I loved Bat Out of Hell. Soundtrack to my youth. Sad news RIP Meatloaf. Extraordinary voice Phenomenonal [sic] character."

Culture Club frontman Boy George said: "R.I.P Meatloaf. Love and prayers to all his family and close friends. He once turned me upside down in a Chinese Restaurant in St Johns Wood."

Theatre impresario Andrew Lloyd Webber added: "The vaults of heaven will be ringing with rock. RIP Meatloaf. Give my best to Jim."

Guns N Roses guitarist Slash simply shared a photo of Meat Loaf performing with the caption "RIP"
Last edited by Anthea on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor