Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

10 years on and Malaysian Flight 370 still has to be solved

Discuss about the world's headlines

Re: All Malaysian Flight 370 could be still alive and kickin

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 am

I have been updating events:

Could there be in the aircraft a place where all the above features are gathered, so that an electrical fire could disable them - and both pilots - at the same time or in a cascade-type of event ?

The basis for the 'foul play' possibility comes from more than merely the loss of transponder and loss of comms. For me, what happened afterwards is more compelling, ie, the turn back, the climb, a period of lower flight over the peninsula, a climb back up to the flight levels, at least two more turns at way points, then a route southwards which looks suspiciously like purposeful avoidance of Indonesian radar cover to reach the Indian Ocean.

I'm certainly open to hearing other scenarios and will think them through logically also, but I don't believe there has been any other plausible scenario posted yet. Over the various parts in this thread, much discussion has taken place as to whether something else could have caused the various losses. The fire possibility has been suggested, which is possible, but does not explain very well the course of events that have appeared to take place afterwards.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/6053172

How ever a new theory has emerged:

Vile Vortices is a term referring to twelve geographic areas that are alleged by Ivan Sanderson to have been the sites of mysterious disappearances. He identified them in a 1972 article "The Twelve Devil's Graveyards Around the World", published in Saga magazine :-?

I was watching a show about the Bermuda Triangle last night and learned that there are other similar areas called 'Vile Vortices' - Ivan Sanderson wrote the article "The Twelve Devil's Graveyards Around the World" in 1972 proposing that there were 12 such areas in the world. One of them, called the 'Wharton Basin', covers the area MH370 is supposedly in. Anyway, I just thought I would mention it as I did not know of these areas that are similar to the Bermuda Triangle and found the show interesting. Here are some links:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ma... ... rra_11.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vile_Vortices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wharton_Basin
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:00 am

A Malaysian newspaper revealed that the co-pilot tried to call with his handphone just before the plane disappeared from radars.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

The only real facts:
- The loss of transponder signal at or near IGARI
- The last message received by KL control
- The unestablished VHF com link with Ho Chi Minh
- The com silence afterwards
- the received *pings* from the airplane SATCOM
- The Inmarsat lines of position ( LOPs or *loci*)
- The revised analysis of the tracks with Doippler shifts, further refined by taking the satellite movement characteristics into account.

If we concentrate on what happened, I think we have at least the following three possibilities:
1) one or more accidental events on-board that affected some of the comm/nav systems and probably incapacitated the pilots so that the a/c followed a path not or only partially under pilot control;
2) the take over of the a/c via on-board software modifications done before or during the flight and that precluded pilots from regaining full or even sufficient control of the a/c;
3) the take over of the a/c by a party of one or more who deliberately flew a path into oblivion, using evasive techniques not to be intercepted and discovered.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/6054766
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:18 pm

I still do not think that we - the general public - are being told the truth :-o

Take over of the a/c by a party of one or more who deliberately flew a path into oblivion, using evasive techniques not to be intercepted and discovered

This to me is illogical :shock:

If someone was deliberately flying the plane into oblivion - why would he use all those evasive techniques 8-}

All the person would have needed to do was point the nose down - why would he want to keep changing direction and frightening the passengers - why not just crash - I seriously think that something else is going on :-?

I HAVE THE ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER

The plane was actually hijacked - a ransom demand was made - they were given until the plane ran out of fuel to pay the ransom - the hijackers had to use evasive techniques to prevent the plane from being located before the ransom was paid - the ransom was not paid on time - the hijackers possibly left the plane by parachute - the plane crashed
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 am

I HAVE THE ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER

The plane was actually hijacked - a ransom demand was made - they were given until the plane ran out of fuel to pay the ransom - the hijackers had to use evasive techniques to prevent the plane from being located before the ransom was paid - the ransom was not paid on time - the hijackers possibly left the plane by parachute - the plane crashed

Hijacking has a very high probability but this sort of hijack may not be possible because the hijackers would have needed a very costly ground support, like some thing to track the plane and pick up hijackers in the sea. A hijack of this sort would be possible only if it is sponsored by a government, which has all resources.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:53 am

Londoner wrote:Hijacking has a very high probability but this sort of hijack may not be possible because the hijackers would have needed a very costly ground support, like some thing to track the plane and pick up hijackers in the sea. A hijack of this sort would be possible only if it is sponsored by a government, which has all resources.

I cannot think of any other reason to account for all the evasive actions and the fact that there was - and probably still is - a great deal of secrecy and a distinct lack of information surrounding the event :-o
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Anthea wrote:
Londoner wrote:Hijacking has a very high probability but this sort of hijack may not be possible because the hijackers would have needed a very costly ground support, like some thing to track the plane and pick up hijackers in the sea. A hijack of this sort would be possible only if it is sponsored by a government, which has all resources.

I cannot think of any other reason to account for all the evasive actions and the fact that there was - and probably still is - a great deal of secrecy and a distinct lack of information surrounding the event :-o

The evasive actions was very logical, to avoid detection. If hijackers demanded a ransom and put the deadline until all the fuel burnt Malaysian Authority wouldn't have a reason to keep it secret. it would have disclosed all the details. But the secrecy surrounding the case indicates the hijack, if it was, was of a different sort. It was highly organised on a technical level with the support of a lot of resources, like ships or submarines waiting in the middle of the ocean, where the plane commandeered to. Bear in mind there is a small USA base with big air strip near the same area.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Londoner wrote:The evasive actions was very logical, to avoid detection. If hijackers demanded a ransom and put the deadline until all the fuel burnt Malaysian Authority wouldn't have a reason to keep it secret. it would have disclosed all the details. But the secrecy surrounding the case indicates the hijack, if it was, was of a different sort. It was highly organised on a technical level with the support of a lot of resources, like ships or submarines waiting in the middle of the ocean, where the plane commandeered to. Bear in mind there is a small USA base with big air strip near the same area.

If it was purely a hijack in order to gain control of the aircraft and/or the people on it - they had plenty of time in which to make land.

It is the very secrecy surrounding the case that makes me think of ransom - there is no way that any government would ever dare to admit that they refused to pay a ransom and allowed all those people to die.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 pm

Anthea wrote:
Londoner wrote:The evasive actions was very logical, to avoid detection. If hijackers demanded a ransom and put the deadline until all the fuel burnt Malaysian Authority wouldn't have a reason to keep it secret. it would have disclosed all the details. But the secrecy surrounding the case indicates the hijack, if it was, was of a different sort. It was highly organised on a technical level with the support of a lot of resources, like ships or submarines waiting in the middle of the ocean, where the plane commandeered to. Bear in mind there is a small USA base with big air strip near the same area.

If it was purely a hijack in order to gain control of the aircraft and/or the people on it - they had plenty of time in which to make land.

It is the very secrecy surrounding the case that makes me think of ransom - there is no way that any government would ever dare to admit that they refused to pay a ransom and allowed all those people to die.

If it was so probably they paid the ransom but they couldn't save the passengers. So they have to keep it quiet.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:07 am

Some of the 'reasons' for suspicion of diabolical/nefarious act:

1) The timing of the loss of transponder and comms vis a vis the last known transmission with Malay ATC.

2) The 'reported' flight paths and tracks of MH370 and the 'reported fluctuations in altitude, beginning with the first directional deviation, which closely coincided with the disabled (neutral word) transponder.

3) That Malaysia has publicly stated they believe this to have been a 'deliberate' act, with a clearly delineated criminal investigation that continues to be 'ongoing'. It seems' clear that the investigation believes there was most likely criminal conduct involved in the a/c's disappearance. And it 'seems' as though intelligence agencies worldwide have failed to find any grounds on which to lay suspicion at the feet of any of the passengers, at least so far as to be complicit in the disappearance of the a/c.

4) Seemingly no other attempt from crew or passengers to contact the ground in any manner perhaps viable. Aside from the FO's phone reportedly hitting a tower (Penang), we have heard of no other such incidence.

5) The latest reporting by Nic Robertson who says that his sources are telling him that the last transmission from MH370 "good night, Malaysia MH370", was from the Captain (as now identified as being his voice by 5 colleagues who had flown with him and the FO). This, after all other previous transmissions had been from the FO, as identified by the same colleagues. This transmission is at 1:19 MTC or 17:19 UTC (not using military, sorry), while we know that the last transponder transmission was at 1:21 MTC, 17:21 UTC. So an approximate 2 minute separation between occurrences.

6) That the Captain, Zaharie Ahmed Shah, was an ardent supporter AND friend (this is Anwar Ibrahim's own admission and description, after some 'prompting') of Malaysia's main opposition party. And that Mr. Anwar was sentenced to 5 years in prison on supposedly trumped up charges of Sodomy. This court hearing and sentencing occurred just 7 hours before Captain Shah flew away on MH370. It has been widely reported that Captain Shah was in attendance at the trial, but 'proof', other than party politicians saying that he WAS there, is not at hand.

7) His many political polemics and charged diatribes railing against an "endemic' corruption, a corruption both 'invasive' and 'inherent' in govt, perpetuated by the 'despicable' lowlife officials" (verbatim, obviously). Hence, a Facebook posting of himself wearing a "Democracy is Dead' t-shirt. It is my belief, and one arrived at through the careful readings of all that he has written in the public sphere (that I could find), that his anger and dismay regarding the current state of political affairs in Malaysia had reached a critical threshold.

8) His 'reported' estranged relationship with his children.

9) The slight deviation in wording on the final transmission to Malay ATC (assuming it was him and not FO).

10) And that we, the world, are STILL missing, and seemingly cannot find a t7. WOW. Unbelievable. Or maybe someone with the skill and knowledge and intent and determination and evil was able, with a bit of luck and some perfectly executed strategy, too literally vanish? Or all of this just happened by accident, a cascade of events, ultimately catastrophic, with the a/c just happening to end up in this most remote of locations, on top of everything else. Just happened to disappear on it's own...just said, yeah, I think I'll turn around, shut down my comms, fly this way, fly that way, cruise up, cruise down, evade a little here, evade some more there, and, then, the icing on the cake--I'll just end up in the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere, hopefully never to be found. I just can't help myself, I'm at the mercy of my own devices. And what a ride it's been. And I guess I'll just calmly glide right on down into the big maw of the sea and quietly slip away into the great abyss, so intoxicating is this absolute command and control. Good night, world.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/6054766
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 pm

A simple call from Malaysia Airlines or ATC to 9m-mro via satcom would have revealed their location. Even if the call was not answered, the attempt would have caused an exchange of data showing their location. I don't understand why someone didn.t call the plane when it went missing.

The following info would be helpful to fill in a lot of the blanks.

1. The audio recording between ATC and MH370. I do not have faith in the transcript. It might have been sanitzed to save face.

2. Audio recording and chatter between ATCs after mh370 deviated from its course.

3. The policies and procedures of Malaysia air regarding having tcas, transponder, acars, etc on or off in dark zones/china. There was an article from quoting a pilot who said "It is Mas procedure to switch ACARS, VHF, and High Frequency selection off but this is only for flights to China as the service provider for Mas does not cover China."

4. What the pilot has done in the past in previous flights with regards to when he opens the cockpit door, orders drinks, if he turns off transponder, acars, when he is acting as a training pilot what he allows the trainee to do.

5. Cell tower registrations/deregistrations of all devices onboard from the time mh370 was at the gate until the last ping.

6. Inmarsat data on the pings.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... in/6057888
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Woods Hole Researchers Ready To Help Find Missing Malaysian Jet

WOODS HOLE (CBS) – It’s been nearly three weeks since a Malaysia Airlines jet vanished with 239 people on board. Crews are searching for the aircraft in the southern Indian Ocean.

Researchers from Woods Hole helped find the wreckage of an Air France jet two years after it crashed. The team is now working to find the Malaysian jet.

The REMUS 6000 may look like a simple, yellow submarine, but inside are some of the most sophisticated electronics in use today. But can it find a missing airliner? Mark Dennettt of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute says it can travel 20,000 feet underwater. It was built by scientists at the WHOI and it found the black box from the Air France jet that crashed in the Atlantic in 2009.

“With Air France there was a lot more clues as to where the plane was,” says Mark Purcell.

But scientists from Woods Hole weren’t even asked to help search for the Air France remains until one year later. Still, they launched their underwater vehicle, and eight days later, found the jet, despite looking in an underwater mountain range.

“It’s rugged, it’s pitch black, but it’s something we’re used to,” says David Gallo. “It’s a fairly routine type of volcanic terrain that we’re used to dealing with.”

The REMUS 6000 uses side scan sonar to form a picture of the ocean floor even if there’s a mountain range down there.

There are optimistic signs that satellites may have picked up the final ping from the Malaysian jet in a specific area over the Indian Ocean.

If the Air France search is any indication, then crews in the Indian Ocean need to narrow their search down to a 40 or 50-mile radius area before the team from Woods Hole can be called in.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/03/27/w ... ysian-jet/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Message from Farisha Binti Mohamed Shariff, Chief Stewardess of Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines' Chief Stewardess, Farisha Mohamed Shariff, expresses her feelings for colleagues on MH370. She also shares how passengers reacted towards the cabin crew in the early days of the disappearance of MH370. Cabin crew and passengers, meeting for the first time, had so much in common.

This video is copyright material of Malaysia Airlines.

phpBB [video]
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:43 am

Did the missing Malaysian plane land?

The probe into the mysterious disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines MH370 plane is now looking at the possibility that the plane may have landed somewhere as no debris has been found so far, a media report has said.

A report in the New Strait Times quoting sources within the international team probing the disappearance said that among the areas it was revisiting was the possibility that the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had landed elsewhere, instead of ending up in the southern Indian Ocean.

"We may have to regroup soon to look into this possibility if no positive results come back in the next few days ... but at the same time, the search mission in the Indian Ocean must go on," the source was quoted as saying.

"The thought of it landing somewhere else is not impossible, as we have not found a single debris that could be linked to MH370. However, the possibility of a specific country hiding the plane when more than 20 nations are searching for it, seems absurd," the sources said.

http://www.wnic.com/onair/6am-10am-4906 ... -12277730/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 am

It's one of these things in the investigation that do not take normal procedures into account & the next thing you know it gets taken so far out of context that people start assuming all there was onboard was unsafe cargo. Because this is then found all over the web it starts to become accepted as a fact. I just figured putting up a reply and answering on something like this which does of course amount to a drop in the ocean but nevertheless.

Another example today is the news that investigators are considering going over what they have so far again. Now over breakfast i've been reading the news and already that has spun into:

1: Investigators consider rethink on investigation so far.
2: Sources close to investigation say rethink considered as aircraft may have ended up elsewhere.
3: Sources close to investigation say aircraft landed elsewhere.

Now i might have the benefit of checking up on several sources of news together with some aviation industry inside knowledge but from time to time i still get surprised about some of the stories out there. I guess nowadays we can all be a source close to the investigation that can not be named.

People have been asking what else could have caused the underwater pings, if it wasn't the black box. I think it could have been an echosounder used by ships for navigation and bathymetric surveys. Turns out 33 kHz is a typical, standard frequency used to probe deep depths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_sounding#Hydrography

https://www.atlas-elektronik.com/fil... ... ESO_30.pdf

Also, when probing deep depths, the ping rate is slowed down to 1 Hz--i.e., 1 ping per second.

http://www.km.kongsberg.com/ks/web/n... ... enDocument

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... 731#menu27

After covering 80% of the search area they is still have NOT found any clue to the whereabouts of Flight 370 and it is as big a mystery as it has ever been :-o
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to World