Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Couple aged 93, 92 tie the knot Kurdistan

A place to post daily news of Kurdistan from valid sources .

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:09 pm

Click Photo to Enlarge:
Couple 93 and 92 wed

For Hajji Sulaiman Hameed and Jamila Qadir, it is never too late to find love. The Kurdish couple, both in their 90s, wed last week

"I love you so much with all my soul, heart, and eyes," Hameed, 93, tells his 92-year-old wife while sitting by her side :x

"My lovely Hajji, it was all for you that I left home," the bride, wearing blue traditional Kurdish clothing, replied.

The couple had not dated before and it was an arranged marriage. Qadir’s family turned down Hameed’s request for her hand a few times, but he persisted for four months until her family agreed to the marriage.

The groom is from Girdagozina and the bride is from Bawanoor, both located near Kalar, in the Garmiyan Administration.

Hameed and Qadir had both been happily married for decades and years ago lost their respective spouses. Neither had expected to again feel this connection with another person, but they are happily embarking on a new chapter of their lives.

According to the Khanaqin court where the marriage was registered, this is the oldest couple to wed in Iraq.

https://www.rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/040220231
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Kurdistan Today News (Only News)