Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Turkey seizes PKK marijuana stash in major crackdown 15/12

A place to post daily news of Kurdistan from valid sources .

Re: Turkey seizes PKK marijuana stash in major crackdown 15/

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Kawe wrote:What happened to this forum...

Is this the place we come just to degrade the PKK and have non-Kurds tell us Kurds about our own issues? I very much appreciate the support, but constantly bashing our freedom fighters is certainly not helping our cause.

I have NEVER degraded the PKK

I have had friends who have died fighting with the PKK

The party NEEDS support
AND
The party NEEDS money

If anyone has ANY ideas on how to raise money for the PKK I will be happy to pass on ANY and ALL ideas
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:52 pm

hevalo27 wrote:
Piling wrote:7 trucks :

you are a joke piling. turkish sources will blame pkk for everything. that you really belive in such news shows us you are not trustworth after all. we know you have problems with the kurdish freedommovement, but enough with your and turkish dirty campaign against kurd u kurdistan. they can lie but they cant stop our freedomfight, never !

someone should ban this person.

hey hey slow down, no personal attacks, if you don't something to say about the topics no need to do personal attacks.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Qonyeyi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:33 am

This is a joke right? You mean to tell me that PKK can traffic drugs all the way from Diyarbakir over the thousands of military bases and tens of thousands of police station and checkpoints, over the bosphorus and further into Europe to be distributed without getting caught? My oh my. It seems there is nothing hindering a great fantastic imagination these days.

I agree with the others. These forums have become an anti-PKK nest and the admins are doing nothing to stop the numerous lies. Let's say that PKK was actually involved with drug trafficking ( I will give sources that they are not later) how would PKK be so popular in the area anyhow? Ever heard of FARC and the Mexican Drug Cartels? There is a reason that these organisations do not harvest as much popular support as PKK. PKK is a popular organisation and their only source of income is through donations. PKK does not need to be involved in drug trafficking. Four to five million Kurds across the globe support them.

Anyhow. Read these:

http://www.politicalforum.com/middle-east/257340-german-secret-service-no-proof-pkk-involvement-drugs.html

http://www.cedro-uva.org/lib/boekhout.drug.html

And watch this for those of you who knows Turkish and see how Turkey is directly involved in drug trafficking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU0o5g8zC1o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   
Serok Apo, zincira koletiye qedant!

Nav Leyla ye, tu viyan e, rê-hevala Ôcalan e
Qonyeyi
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:51 am

The articles about the drug seizure have been posted in the "NEWS" section. They were taken from "NEWSPAPERS" and NOT written by anyone on this forum.

Perhaps you thought that the articles were only written as lies in Turkish controlled newspapers.

The news was in several papers and on several websites. Perhaps you really think that news agencies such as REUTERS, probably the most reliable news source on the entire planet, tells lies or publish anything without confirming the facts first?

(Reuters) - Turkish security forces backed by helicopters seized an estimated $22.5 million worth of marijuana along with guns and fertilizer in a swoop against suspected Kurdish militants on Saturday, officials said.

Hundreds of soldiers, police and special forces carried out the coordinated raids in seven villages around the southeastern city of Diyarbakir, seizing drugs, guns, ammunition and ammonium nitrate, which can be used to make explosives, officials said.

This section of the forum is for people to post items of news and give other people a chance to comment on the news NOT be rude about the forum or the people who post the news.

@Qonyeyi If you have any reliable sources, I suggest that you pass the details on to Reuters. They have written some very informative and supportive articles about Kurds in the past and I am certain that they would investigate any genuine proof that you have.

PLEASE keep us informed because it would be wonderful if you could get them to publish a retraction.

To the rest of you who appear to have nothing constructive to offer, I politely suggest that you also contact all the news agencies involved and vent your anger at them.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:07 am

http://www.rudaw.net/english/news/syria/5403.html

Is it also a Turkish paper ? 8-|

Where there is war and especially guerilla, you have drugs and weapon traffic. That's a fact. How could they finance themselves ? Just 'free donations' ? Be serious !

The problem is that's a poisoned gift. At first you traffic for your fight . But at the end, you fight for your traffic. This is a general issue in all the world.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: talsor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 am

It is true .The trucks were coming from Qandil highway towards turkey and the drugs were heading to Europe and USA . While in the way PKK killed several Babies and burned few schools . They were making fun of Islam too and they are known to be hard core communists .

come on guys give it a rest . You honestly believe with hundreds of thousand of turkish soldiers ,check points , helicopters , fighter jets , spies , Jashes , American and turkish unmanned aerial planes that PKK is stupid enough to smuggle drugs to turkey ? Even the crazy talabans will not do that :lol:

Kurdistan is not colombia or mexico and we never relied on such means to support our struggle . It is demeaning to even suggest that .

As for PKK's financing , No one knows for certain where it comes from , but it is certainly not drugs money .Limited Donations are still being collected (even from Drug dealers ) in Europe and north America and sent to Qandil , but that does not cover fraction of actual cost of feeding , clothing , weaponizing thousands of fighters .

It also means nothing that Rudaw copied and pasted what turkish propaganda machine reported and they should be ashamed of themselves for portraying our peshmergas this way .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 am

As for PKK's financing , No one knows for certain where it comes from , but it is certainly not drugs money .

They make cheese and yoghourt in mountains and then go down to sell it at bazar ? :lol:

I've never thought that Turkey is not involved in traffic drug. Of course they are ! For that reason many members of Forces support war because emergency state is a good way to install traffic areas. I am sure that Army and Jandarma and also valis are easily corrupted. You can organize any kind of traffic in Kurdistan : drugs, prostitution, after 30 years of dirty war, everybody have dirty hands.

But be serious, PKK also earns money from that. How could they close their eyes when drugs, migrants, and other stuffs are passing the border in the mountains where they live ? The amount of that income is difficult to estimate, but I don't believe they are absolutely innocent. Let's just see how many Kurds in UE (from PKK or not) have been arrested for such traffic ? In 1967 and 1974, Barzani was armed and supported by USA and Israel. They did not need to find money. But now, who is helping the PKK ?

All guerilla needs traffic if they don't have a State support. It is not a moral condemnation, just a fact. Turkey is more guilty because it is not for its own survey. But at the end, that traffic has its dangers, it spoils social and political engagements and it creates new dependencies .
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 am

Moreover, I have to precise (for ppl here seem to have trouble with reading ans understanding) that i did not post the news because I believe it at 100% . 20 tons seemed to be quite unbelievable without State involvement, so I expressed my doubts. But each time you write 'pkk' in a forum you have a rush of fanatics who use more to shout and bark than to read and discuss the relevance of a press statements.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Piling wrote:Moreover, I have to precise (for ppl here seem to have trouble with reading ans understanding) that i did not post the news because I believe it at 100% . 20 tons seemed to be quite unbelievable without State involvement, so I expressed my doubts. But each time you write 'pkk' in a forum you have a rush of fanatics who use more to shout and bark than to read and discuss the relevance of a press statements.

I have noticed that people are not complaining about the news item you posted on Jalal Talabani, nor have they complained about most of the other THOUSANDS of news items you have posted our the YEARS you have been using this forum.

As for PKK funding, I am certain that they need all the help they could find. Banks have frozen accounts. It is now extremely difficult to open a new account in most western countries. Everyone is told to watch for and report any large cash transactions. People who have always preferred to pay cash (to avoid taxes), are now placed on some sort of "people of interest" list. It has become extremely difficult to move money around. Any large bank transactions immediately send out alerts to security services.

We all know that every time Kurds go to Turkey they deliver cash for friends, as well as taking some of their own money back home. Believe me, they do NOT smuggling hundreds of thousands of pounds across the borders. The donations to the PKK from people in UK have gone down. I am ashamed to say that a great many of my friends from NK have completely forgotten that they ever were Kurds and just sit at home watching TURKISH TV.

I told the party years ago that if they wanted the people in England to support the party then they should support the people more. NO FURTHER DETAILS :ymtongue:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: talsor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Piling wrote:
They make cheese and yoghourt in mountains and then go down to sell it at bazar ? :lol:

I hear simit sellers are financing the kurdish war too :-D

Piling wrote:
I've never thought that Turkey is not involved in traffic drug. Of course they are ! For that reason many members of Forces support war because emergency state is a good way to install traffic areas. I am sure that Army and Jandarma and also valis are easily corrupted. You can organize any kind of traffic in Kurdistan : drugs, prostitution, after 30 years of dirty war, everybody have dirty hands.

But be serious, PKK also earns money from that. How could they close their eyes when drugs, migrants, and other stuffs are passing the border in the mountains where they live ? The amount of that income is difficult to estimate, but I don't believe they are absolutely innocent. Let's just see how many Kurds in UE (from PKK or not) have been arrested for such traffic ? In 1967 and 1974, Barzani was armed and supported by USA and Israel. They did not need to find money. But now, who is helping the PKK ?

No one is completely innocent , but to portray pkk/ Kurds as a Narco organization is simply wrong and a mere detraction by turkey to shift the attention from the kurdish question . Everything and anything that goes bad in turkey is simply is shaped and presented by the media as PKK activity including terrorism , drug problems , prostitution , assassinations and so on . So as a Kurd I think the issue is not worth the discussion and it pales (if it is true )in comparison to what turkey and turks are doing .

The same thing is happening in Iraq . The arabs are slaughtering minorities in broad day light and they shamelessly talk about human rights if a Christian or an arab is fired from work in Kurdistan .

as a nation we are over 40 million people and just like other nations we have the good and the bad . The funny thing is that the moment you are arrested in Turkey you become PKK , you get treated like PKK and the charges are so serious to the point that you believe that you might be Ocalan .

The number of Kurds arrested in UE is irrelevant in this case unless you compare it to another nation and you will certainly be surprised how many turks are arrested doing illegal activities in Turkey , Europe and the Americas .
Last edited by talsor on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: talsor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Piling wrote:Moreover, I have to precise (for ppl here seem to have trouble with reading ans understanding) that i did not post the news because I believe it at 100% . 20 tons seemed to be quite unbelievable without State involvement, so I expressed my doubts. But each time you write 'pkk' in a forum you have a rush of fanatics who use more to shout and bark than to read and discuss the relevance of a press statements.

This is so unfortunate and I have noticed that too . Simply discussing PKK or Ocalan is being viewed as an attack on the North . I do not believe that any decent Kurd hate PKK or Ocalan , but many kurds are disappointed at their approach towards the Kurdish question .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Qonyeyi » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 am

There was no discussion in the first place. The 20 kg marijuana is ridicilous. It is a huge amount. Yet it is amounts that Turkish medias almost on a weekly basis state that they have found in '' PKK storages''. The big question is how they make the connection between the marijuana and PKK. For all I know, more Turks have been caught in illegal drug trafficking than any member of PKK ever has. PKK has on numerous occasions stated their stance against drugs. Yet Turkey still has to stand face to face to its involvement during the Susurluk Scandal.

Another member then stated that these were not sudden news and that PKK was involved in drug trafficking. I then posted two different sources of these common lies of Turkey and Turkish media. This was however totaly disregarded.
Serok Apo, zincira koletiye qedant!

Nav Leyla ye, tu viyan e, rê-hevala Ôcalan e
Qonyeyi
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Aslan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 am

i wish they'd give me all that weed :(

Aslan
Tuti
Tuti

Nationality: Prefer not to say

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:33 am

the drug bussiness is a something that many goverments have their hands dirty with,
the thing is many millions of people in America and Europe smoke marijuana even though it is illegal, and even lots of artists in america (for example Rihanna or Lady Gaga) they openly smoke marijuana in their concerts....even though it is still illegal in usa. so for sure there is a Inter-State Agreement to supply the drug need of people in USA and Europe. and they are very rich and powerful and can buy everyone.

for instance, Iranian Revolutionary Guard has always been acused of selling and transporting drugs to europe. ( in regard that Iran has lots of oil)
I hear all the time in the news and Iranians and Turks get arrested in Germany and Europe for smuggling drugs.

may be turkish government was trying to send all the drugs to europe but pkk was trying to stop their turcks in the roads and asked for commission to let them go and Turkish government became mad and made a big fuss that it belongs to PKK :)) =))
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arcade winning challenges: 1

PostAuthor: unitedkurdistan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:30 am

Why do people see this as a bad thing?? PKK do traffic drugs,yes, it shows the power of the organization and how influential PKK really is. I do definetly not see PKK as a terrorist organization because if this. They are fighting terrorists and to do that they need money. During the 90s when Ocalan was married the drug trafficking business was even better. Because his wife was the daughter of the leader of MIT(whoose name I can't remember),so they were able to traffic alots of drugs from Istanbul to Europe(especially Germany which was their main hub from where they later exported to other countries. A Kurdish university lecturer told me this who works at Lunds University. The PM of that time Tansu Ciller ended up with heave corruption charges but due to limitations and the political immunity of parliamentarians she didn't end up in jail. However today I think most of PKK's earnings comes from donations.
unitedkurdistan
Ashna
Ashna

PreviousNext

Return to Kurdistan Today News (Only News)