Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

The Great Aynur sings Nesreen

Post music videos and video clips (only legal content , preferably Youtube)

PostAuthor: Londoner » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 am

I remember on 1950s women of my village were singing this song in spring times when it was time for them to go outsite the village to collect wild vegetables. Actually my mother was singing it while the rest dancing and repeating after her. I also remember when the village chief brought the first radio to the village. From that radio, I heard about Tahir Tawfiq for the first time. He was also singing this song, Nesreen. I also remember in the village they used to call me: 'He is the Son of his Mother'. This is because I used to sing and mend my clothes when I was very young around 7. My mother was naturally skilled in sewing clothes in a craftsmanship way. Any girl got married in the village or neighbouring village, she made her the wedding dress free of charge. I remember before the wedding, family of the bride coming to our home carrying colourful material for the wedding dress. She was also piercing the nose and ears of the young girls. I also remember I used to sing a song started like this: 'come girl and sit on my lap. If you do that I will sell the city of Erbil for you.' The city of Erbil is the Capital of Kurdistan now. I remember women used to ask me, please can you let me sit on your lap when you grown up? Enjoy the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YdHNK4q ... re=related
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Music & Video