Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Another Kurdish Song

Post music videos and video clips (only legal content , preferably Youtube)

Another Kurdish Song

PostAuthor: hawk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:48 am

Again, this is one of my favorites. I'm at work and I'm too bored to actually do work, so I decided to upload music, if anybody feels like listening to a new version of folk music.

http://files-upload.com/325060/MosheMamukoC.mp3.html

Enjoy :)
hawk
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Hispanic

Another Kurdish Song

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Another Kurdish Song

PostAuthor: Balci » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:56 pm

thanks !
Balci
Ashna
Ashna

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Thanks! :)

Again a mix - like a typical: Potpûrî - which is the name for mixing two or more songs into one long song... :)

Song number two, was however a bit difficult to understand - I noticed in the other song you posted in the other thread too, that the Jewish Kurds have developed their own sub-dialect in many ways... Although most still have a strong and easy to notice link to their original sub-dialects... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: hawk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:31 am

Diri wrote:Thanks! :)
Song number two, was however a bit difficult to understand - I noticed in the other song you posted in the other thread too, that the Jewish Kurds have developed their own sub-dialect in many ways... Although most still have a strong and easy to notice link to their original sub-dialects... :)

There's a lot of variation in language between Jewish Kurds as well, because Jews used to live in all parts of Kurdistan, and speak whatever local dialect everybody else there were speaking. My father's family, for example, comes from Dohuk, and my mother's family comes from a small village by the Zab river. They speak completely different dialects. When I was a little girl, we used to call them "father's language" and "mother's language" :)

The thing is, now that most Jewish Kurds live together in Israel, and not in the different areas of Kurdistan - a lot of mixing between dialects happens. One of my uncles who speaks Kurdish very well, and likes to make fun of the younger generation's "mistakes" and mixing.

At this point, I'm really trying to focus on my mother's family dialect. I looked into a lot of Kurdish laguages websites and books -- but it's easy to tell the differences between the "standard" taught, and how my family speaks. So what I usually do is bug my mother to teach me a few words or short sentences every day. Getting the grammar right is a bit tricky, but I'm trying.

Yesterday for example, I learned to say "germiyê". It's been 39C in Northern Israel for the past 3 days!
hawk
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:06 am

hawk wrote:
Diri wrote:Thanks! :)

There's a lot of variation in language between Jewish Kurds as well, because Jews used to live in all parts of Kurdistan, and speak whatever local dialect everybody else there were speaking. My father's family, for example, comes from Dohuk, and my mother's family comes from a small village by the Zab river. They speak completely different dialects. When I was a little girl, we used to call them "father's language" and "mother's language" :)

The thing is, now that most Jewish Kurds live together in Israel, and not in the different areas of Kurdistan - a lot of mixing between dialects happens. One of my uncles who speaks Kurdish very well, and likes to make fun of the younger generation's "mistakes" and mixing.

At this point, I'm really trying to focus on my mother's family dialect. I looked into a lot of Kurdish laguages websites and books -- but it's easy to tell the differences between the "standard" taught, and how my family speaks. So what I usually do is bug my mother to teach me a few words or short sentences every day. Getting the grammar right is a bit tricky, but I'm trying.

Yesterday for example, I learned to say "germiyê". It's been 39C in Northern Israel for the past 3 days!

So your mom speaks Soranî? The Zeb is a very looong river... It goes through both Soranî and Kurmancî speaking areas - Duhok is Kurmancî speaking, by the way... So if your mothers dialect is different from that, yet still from Southern Kurdistan - and a village on the Zeb, then she must speak Soranî... :)

I speak both dialects... And they are not that different... They have the same vocabulary, just a different way of shoveling the words and mixing them up to make sentences... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Diri » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 am

By the way - in both Soranî and in Kurmancî, we say "Germe" ("It's hot") - so I can't imagine where "Germiyê" came from... :o

There are ofcourse minor differences within dialects as well - called sub-dialects...

For example - in Hewlêr most "L" turn into "R"...

And they say "Lo" instead of "Bo" ("Why")!

In Sulêmanî they swallow the "D" in most cases...

English - Hewlêrî - Sulêmanî - Standard Soranî
I say ¤¤¤ Derêm ¤¤¤ Allêm ¤¤¤ Dellêm
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: hawk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:40 am

Diri wrote:So your mom speaks Soranî?

Hmm. She (and her family) call the language "Kurmanci", not "Sorani", although there are a lot of differences between how they speak and the Kurmanci that I see on websites or books. A lot of things do look similar to Sorani (Saying "emin" instead of "ez", for example).

Diri wrote:The Zeb is a very looong river... It goes through both Soranî and Kurmancî speaking areas - Duhok is Kurmancî speaking, by the way... So if your mothers dialect is different from that, yet still from Southern Kurdistan - and a village on the Zeb, then she must speak Soranî... :)

If you look at the map where the Tigris and Zeb create a "triangle", then the village (Bani Nan) is on the same line as Mosul. Mosul on the Tigris river, and the village on the Zeb. Is that a Sorani speaking area?
hawk
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Diri » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:01 am

hawk wrote:
Diri wrote:So your mom speaks Soranî?

Hmm. She (and her family) call the language "Kurmanci", not "Sorani", although there are a lot of differences between how they speak and the Kurmanci that I see on websites or books. A lot of things do look similar to Sorani (Saying "emin" instead of "ez", for example).

Diri wrote:The Zeb is a very looong river... It goes through both Soranî and Kurmancî speaking areas - Duhok is Kurmancî speaking, by the way... So if your mothers dialect is different from that, yet still from Southern Kurdistan - and a village on the Zeb, then she must speak Soranî... :)

If you look at the map where the Tigris and Zeb create a "triangle", then the village (Bani Nan) is on the same line as Mosul. Mosul on the Tigris river, and the village on the Zeb. Is that a Sorani speaking area?

I was unable to find Banî Nan on any map at all... Must be a small place... But if it's near to Mûsil, it is Kurmancî most likely... Although on the east bank of the Zeb, they speak Soranî...

If they say "Êmin" ("I") then they speak Soranî - because as you said in Kurmancî it`s "Ez"... But in those areas - on the border areas between Soranî-Kurmancî speakers, they usually mix their dialects up very much...

But if you said: your father is from Duhok, and your mothers dialect is very different from your fathers dialect, then she speaks Soranî...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Return to Music & Video