Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurdish clothes or fabric

Practice speaking Kurdish here, Don't be shy , Mijar û tewer bi Kurdî

PostAuthor: ProudKurdsWife-Helen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Salaam Aluikam, Choni bashi? I am trying to find anywhere either in the UK OR Europe possibly even Kurdistan that sells the traditional style jli kurdi or the fabrics to make one as I do use a sewing machine very often & have made the Kurdish style house maxis before, which they actually turned out ok lol :PMy husbands family have sent my daughter & I a couple over but I feel awful they never get my size correct my hubby does tell them who knows why :/ but I just don't want to offend them or my husband or hurt anyones feelings by asking them to get another as I would have to explain why the ones I have are not any good :( they are lovely aswel its a shame really! My husbands Daya is lovely to me so I would rather fix the issue myself insha'Allah.
Anyway zor supas in advance! Really any help will be greatly apreciated :) x

ProudKurdsWife-Helen
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: European

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Kurdish clothes or fabric

PostAuthor: RawandKurdistani » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 pm

I think it would be very hard to find some in Europe, but who knows. but anyway, They can be found in Erbil the capital of south Kurdistan (also the only liberated part of Kurdistan) However you'll have to look for them in the stalls located in Erbil's downtown market. Sadly the new mall's only sell western clothing.
Kurdistan, the great land of the Medes.
RawandKurdistani
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 1
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: unitedkurdistan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 pm

ProudKurdsWife-Helen wrote:Salaam Aluikam, Choni bashi? I am trying to find anywhere either in the UK OR Europe possibly even Kurdistan that sells the traditional style jli kurdi or the fabrics to make one as I do use a sewing machine very often & have made the Kurdish style house maxis before, which they actually turned out ok lol :PMy husbands family have sent my daughter & I a couple over but I feel awful they never get my size correct my hubby does tell them who knows why :/ but I just don't want to offend them or my husband or hurt anyones feelings by asking them to get another as I would have to explain why the ones I have are not any good :( they are lovely aswel its a shame really! My husbands Daya is lovely to me so I would rather fix the issue myself insha'Allah.

I suggest that you go to Slemani in southern kurdistan because you can find better clothes there than in Hewler(erbil). There are also very high quality kurdish clothes in the iranian part but since it's much harder to go there Slemani is the best option. But it depends on what type of traditional kurdish clothes, since they have a bit different traditional kurdish clothes in northern kurdistan.
unitedkurdistan
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: unitedkurdistan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 pm

ProudKurdsWife-Helen wrote:Salaam Aluikam, Choni bashi? I am trying to find anywhere either in the UK OR Europe possibly even Kurdistan that sells the traditional style jli kurdi or the fabrics to make one as I do use a sewing machine very often & have made the Kurdish style house maxis before, which they actually turned out ok lol :PMy husbands family have sent my daughter & I a couple over but I feel awful they never get my size correct my hubby does tell them who knows why :/ but I just don't want to offend them or my husband or hurt anyones feelings by asking them to get another as I would have to explain why the ones I have are not any good :( they are lovely aswel its a shame really! My husbands Daya is lovely to me so I would rather fix the issue myself insha'Allah.

I suggest that you go to Slemani in southern kurdistan because you can find better clothes there than in Hewler(erbil). There are also very high quality kurdish clothes in the iranian part but since it's much harder to go there Slemani is the best option. But it depends on what type of traditional kurdish clothes, since they have a bit different traditional kurdish clothes in northern kurdistan.
unitedkurdistan
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: ProudKurdsWife-Helen » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Zor Supas :)

ProudKurdsWife-Helen
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: purearch72 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:29 pm

You could also try indian stores it's not kurdish, but its very similar.

purearch72
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 2

Return to Chat Kurdi