Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Protest against Facebook ...your ideas

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Re: Protest against Facebook ...your ideas

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 am

@Kulka

I DO NOT LIE, I have had the use of 2 facebook accounts both of which you knew about because we sent messages to each other

Only one of the accounts is mine the other belongs to my friend Ozgur but she only ever uses it to send messages so I use it when I stay there. I do NOT lie nor do I hide and I even use my REAL name which is more than most people on Facebook

Every time I get into the accounts I get blocked as do several of my friends, but I have other ways of contacting them ;)

Why are you arguing about the problems I have with my broadband ? I did a post about PORT 161, though I did not realise I would have such an ongoing problem. In fact why are you arguing at all ? ? ? I believe that we ALL have something to offer and we should ALL be working together. I write poems and send them to people ;;) I am working on a concise history of the Kurds ;;)

Your idea of boycotting Facebook is a good one, many of my friends like to keep in touch with each other through social networks, especially now with all the fighting, but their English is not good enough to use this site

I looked at some sites and there is enough information to prove why Facebook did a deal with Turkey

You could get publicity for Kurds if enough people boycotted Facebook - stress the Kurds being silenced yet again - actually I really like the idea of that - especially if you could get some celebrities to join in :ymapplause:
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 am

@ Kulka

Had you noticed that when the media refers to the Syrian refugees it does not mention much about the fact that many of them are Kurds being driven off their land yet once again by a fascist regime
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Kulka » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:16 am

To be honest if it comes to facebook, i ersonally think we dont have too much chance - maybe in a court, but still nor sure. Mark Zuckenberg is the owner of the page and to be honest i dont know if anyone - any institution - is in charge to have controll over such kind of websites and its rules.
Kulka
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 am

Kulka wrote:To be honest if it comes to facebook, i ersonally think we dont have too much chance - maybe in a court, but still nor sure. Mark Zuckenberg is the owner of the page and to be honest i dont know if anyone - any institution - is in charge to have controll over such kind of websites and its rules.

7 years ago we didnt have much chance to make candoleesa rice and president bush and tony blair to use Kurdistan word as opposed to northern iraq, we made a google bomb, noawadys western medias use Kurdistan word easily.
even if we can make Facebook to change their policy, it will damage their picture in the world, lots of people already switching to Google Plus and Tweeter and their stock market is going down.

if we tell medias in the world about it, they will loose more profit .
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 am

Anthea wrote:Your idea of boycotting Facebook is a good one, many of my friends like to keep in touch with each other through social networks, especially now with all the fighting, but their English is not good enough to use this site

boycotting facebook wouldnt be our main goal, our main goal would be exposing Facebook Descrimination Against Kurds,
there are many nations with flags and maps, like cathalania in Spain, why facebook doesnt block cathalania map, and among all the flags in the world why turkey get special treat? this could get a big media attention,
peopel are already switching to Google plus, we should help the process by enlighting the people who apperciate their privacy and their freedom.

I also heard in the news that Saudi King is buy a big part of Facebook [because he is afraid that facebook will be used in the future against its kingdom] so I really see in long term, facebook is being flushed down in the toilet, there are better tools by Google and Tweeter.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I personally think that Kulka is right though after reading all the information I found, I doubt we would win BUT the PUBLICITY would be FANTASTIC :ymparty:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

We can change things

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:55 am

Yahoo has announced plans to permanently axe the public chat rooms feature of its messaging tool.

viewtopic.php?uid=27592&f=9&t=11250&start=0

It would appear that Yahoo are closing down their chatroom due to public pressure over teen sex chats

Several chatrooms have closed due to complaints

Yahoo are closing their chatroom with probably 40 - 50 million users

I am sure that if we got enough support and publicity we could get facebook to change their policy on Kurds :ymparty:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Previous

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis