Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

should we thank turkey for TRT kurdish channel ?

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Yes
19%
No
54%
Not too sure
27%

Total votes : 26

PostAuthor: talsor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm

I found this artical to be very interesting , and I do not see why should be greatful to tukey for broadcasting in Kurdish .

Turkey: Broadcasting in Kurdish Language an Insincere Offer of Reconciliation
Rauf Naqishbendi January 15, 2009

The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) commenced its official Kurdish-language television broadcast on January 1, 2009, with the motto, "We live under the same sky," pretentiously advocating the Turks´ peaceful coexistence with the Kurdish minority. Given Turkish belligerence and their long-standing experience in practicing genocide, one wonders if they have finally opened their eyes to the world, realizing that they can coexist peacefully with others, versus their long-standing mentality of committing genocide against defenseless minorities living with them in the same country and under the same sky.

One who is not familiar with the barbarism of the Turks might be confounded as to why broadcasting in the Kurdish language, in a country where one-third of its population is Kurdish, is such a big deal. One might wonder why they made their prime minister at their first opening session the headline news. It might also seem that the Kurds are newcomers to Turkey , having just arrived there, and the blessed Turks moved in a hurry, kindheartedly, to make accommodations. None of these is true. The fact is that doing these things doesn´t show how benevolent they are by tolerating others, but merely highlights how brutal they have been for nearly a century as they starved Kurds from every human right, including the most basic ones such as cultural freedom or the most natural human entitlements, such as freedom to speak one´s mother tongue.

The dehumanizing Turkish atrocities against humanity have been known to the world for centuries, from the time of the Sultans who placed white European women in sex slavery, to the Turks´ genocide against defenseless Armenians and Assyrians. They committed genocide against these Christian minorities because they didn´t resemble the filthy Turkish version of Islam or the Turkish ideal for world domination. They did so without any remorse. Even now the Turkish right wing, and for that matter, most Turks, dispute the number of genocide victims. They claim that there weren´t 1.5 million Christian victims, but rather that the actual number is in the ten or hundred thousands. For argument´s sake, let us say it was in the ten thousands. Doesn´t that deserve confession and genuine remorse from the Turks? Or are Christian lives trivial and not to be counted!

Turkish intolerance is still in progress against all minorities in Turkey , and for a century their primary target has been the Kurds, who are one third of Turkey ´s population. Turks are known for their expertise in committing genocide. Turkish genocide against the Kurds, which was initiated in the aftermath of World War I, is continuing as we speak. They have been able to bring their calamitous anger upon others because, in the past, the world, and in particular the United States, has not only been mute regarding Turkish barbarism, but rather has supported the Turks monetarily and militarily. The Turks, then, used this support to pursue their fanatic behaviors.

President Elect Obama, should he desire to restore America´s credibility and sense of fair foreign policy, should spell out to the Turks, with no reservation, that the United States cannot afford for friends like Turkey to burden us with the liability of human atrocities. He needs to demand that the Turks act according to principles of human decency so their past contradiction to human decency not to be repeated and so that the Turks will embark on a policy of tolerance and equality toward minorities in Turkey and mutual respect to their neighboring countries.

The damning disease that the Turks have been miserably enjoying is their unfounded national pride. What is about Turkish pride that causes them to so highly estimate themselves? As far as humanity is concerned, the Turks haven´t been contributing any meaningful enhancements to the life of mankind. What have they invented or what scientific or technological achievements are they are so proud of? There are none. The only thing they have been known for and are good at is brutality and their national experiments with genocide.

Now they fake their feelings to show the world that they have let 20 million Kurds have a TV broadcast in their language after centuries of their occupation of Kurdistan. This is utterly pretentious. They have done so only to provide for their membership in the European Union, because a prerequisite for their membership, as required by EU, is the mandate that the Turks must treat minorities in Turkey tolerantly and humanely. Another reason to have this new TV station is to compete with the popular Rozh TV, broadcasted by the Kurdish Freedom Fighters, Kurdish Worker Party, the PKK.

The creation of Kurdish television to compete with the PKK is just another step in the Turks´ persistence in continuing their bloody violence against Kurdish rebellions who demand democratic and peaceful existence for all its citizens. In so doing, the Turks´ refuse to resolve their differences without bloodshed and avoid civilized dialogue that the PKK is pleading for. The world already knows that the Turks are a violent people; therefore, why should they think that they are fooling the world. They are dumbfounded because they fool no one but themselves.

Having a TV station alone will not meet the Kurdish demand for justice, and it will not halt the Kurds´ struggle for equitable national rights. Let the Turks continue television broadcasting of a Turkish script in the Kurdish language, and the PKK will fight to the end of their aim, that is, life with liberty and human treatment with dignity
Last edited by talsor on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Should we thank Turkey ???

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 pm

intresting topic,
could u please edit the poll and add more details so the ppl who see in the front page , know what they vote for (for example should we thank turkey for TRT kurdish channel.)
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

Re: Should we thank Turkey ???

PostAuthor: talsor » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:19 am

dyaoko wrote:intresting topic,
could u please edit the poll and add more details so the ppl who see in the front page , know what they vote for (for example should we thank turkey for TRT kurdish channel.)

be ser cew
Last edited by talsor on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: should we thank turkey for TRT kurdish channel ?

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:07 am

I think that it is good to have another kurdish channel,it may make compettion between roj tv, kurdsat and TRT6 to make better programs .
but I am sure Turkey will use TRT for its own propagenda ,
may be in the first months to get ppl's trust, they dont pulbish propagenda, but slowly they will turn it into a Ataturk-minded TV .

so there is no need to thank them , for doing something for their own interest .
but it doesnt mean we should condemn what they do, it is nice to have another kurdish tv.

by the way I havent seen the TV yet, has anyone seen its programs ? can you tell us what things they play ? (just muisc ? or news and other stuff ?)
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanking Turkey is not exactly relevent, because having a TV in their own language is a basic right of Kurds. But TRT6 is a good thing and a good step for more and more rights in Turkey.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Teshub » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:16 pm

dyaoko wrote:I think that it is good to have another kurdish channel,it may make compettion between roj tv, kurdsat and TRT6 to make better programs .
but I am sure Turkey will use TRT for its own propagenda ,
may be in the first months to get ppl's trust, they dont pulbish propagenda, but slowly they will turn it into a Ataturk-minded TV .

so there is no need to thank them , for doing something for their own interest .
but it doesnt mean we should condemn what they do, it is nice to have another kurdish tv.

by the way I havent seen the TV yet, has anyone seen its programs ? can you tell us what things they play ? (just muisc ? or news and other stuff ?)

I've watched it sometimes and it has been ''very good''.
But I think have to agree with you that they may will turn it into a propaganda machine after a few months.

Teshub
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Teshub » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:16 pm

Teshub
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Barış » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Piling wrote:Thanking Turkey is not exactly relevent, because having a TV in their own language is a basic right of Kurds. But TRT6 is a good thing and a good step for more and more rights in Turkey.

I agree. Maybe in time Kurdish will be recognized as an official language along with Turkish.
It happened recently in Kerkük city for the Türkmen, so it's possible anyway...
Barış
Tuti
Tuti

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: Barış » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Barış
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: talsor » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:23 pm

I"m a bit simplistic in my way of understanding things , I always go to the basics if I get confused .

So , someone comes to your house ,

1-kill your children
2-enslave you and treat you like a second class citizin
3-Does not allowe you to speak your language
4-take your lands and call it his land
5-deny your very EXISTANCE
6-Keep you in extrem poverty for ethnic and political reasons

THEN

1-give you a TV STATION !!!
2-allow you to speak your languge!!!
3-Admit that you exit!!!!

and You are suppose to be greatful for these rights?? , and You are suppose to complement their change of attitude?? . If anything this shows how Idiotic these regims are ,

What Kurds really need is a true APOLOGY for years denial , oppression , disrespect .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: KurdiBoy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Is it really 24 hours? Is it Bahdini most of the time or Turkish?
KurdiBoy
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Teshub » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:32 pm

KurdiBoy wrote:Is it really 24 hours? Is it Bahdini most of the time or Turkish?

It has been Kurdish so far.

Teshub
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Teshub » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 pm

talsor wrote:I"m a bit simplistic in my way of understanding things , I always go to the basics if I get confused .

1-kill your children
2-enslave you and treat you like a second class citizin
3-Does not allowe you to speak your language
4-take your lands and call it his land
5-deny your very EXISTANCE
6-Keep you in extrem poverty for ethnic and political reasons

THEN

2-allow you to speak your languge!!!
3-Admit that you exit!!!!

and You are suppose to be greatful for these rights?? , and You are suppose to complement their change of attitude?? . If anything this shows how Idiotic these regims are ,

What Kurds really need is a true APOLOGY for years denial , oppression , disrespect .

I completely agree.

Teshub
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Kurdi-Bakur » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 pm

i don t believe we must to thanks turkey bcs of kurdsh channel. because this is result of our people s blood. and this is only for fote by AKP ys vote
Kurdi-Bakur
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 am

talsor wrote:I"m a bit simplistic in my way of understanding things , I always go to the basics if I get confused .

1-kill your children - army + PKK also did this
2-enslave you and treat you like a second class citizin - army/kemalists
3-Does not allowe you to speak your language - army/kemalists
4-take your lands and call it his land - bullshit, Turks are there since 1100 or earlier. Turks/Kurds living on same lands before. If you argue from this perspective most 'Kurdish regions' should be given to Armenians. Most regions are MIXED ARABS< ASSYRIANS< ETC
5-deny your very EXISTANCE - this isn't the case anymore. Since 1991 Kurdish language is allowed. Even generals talk about Kurds. There are more then 104 books about Kurds in the library.
6-Keep you in extrem poverty for ethnic and political reasons - bullshit, if there is a war, there are no investments. Investments mostly go to the most developed places. The same is all over the world. Next to this there are also a lot of poor Turkish villages who are now catching up. Why? No war/PKK/army.

THEN

2-allow you to speak your languge!!! This was already in 1991...
3-Admit that you exit!!!! --- This was already in 1991...

Well they apologized with this channel............. if you would have read what they said..t hey aplogized for forbidding kurdish. Do you only see roj tv? I agree this is not enough, but being so negative isn't going to chance ANYTHING.

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

Next

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis