Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Kurdistan forces are liberating Western Kurdistan

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Assad arms Turkey's Kurdish PKK fighters

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 am

July 22, 2012

DAMASCUS, Syria,— Turkey's Kurdish PKK fighters allowed by Damascus to set up bases for operations against Turkey in the Kurdish region in northern Syria (Syrian Kurdistan) were also given weapons and allowed to blow up an important Middle East oil pipelines running from Kirkuk, Iraq out to the Turkish Mediterranean port of Ceyhan, DEBKAfile website reported.

Friday, Kurdish fighters in West Kurdistan seized power in the Kurdish city of Afrin in Syrian Kurdistan, one day after taking control of all government institutions in the Kurdish city of Kobanê.

Syrian president Bashar Assad quickly recovered from the blow he suffered with the loss of his four top allies last Wednesday, July 18. Within 24 hours, he had put in place a new command for fighting the rebels headed by his younger brother Gen. Maher Assad, commander of the 4th Division, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources report exclusively. He also appointed Gen. Ali Mamloukh to head the General Security Service; Gen. Hafez Makhlouf, military commander of Damascus; and Gen. Ali Hassan, new chief of the Alawite Shabiha militia.

Gen. Fahad Jassim al-Freij was sworn in as Defense Minister Thursday.

Despite a wave of desertions, the Syrian army was soon back on the job, showing no signs of shock or wavering at the command level.

Within 48 hours the army had driven the rebels out of the Maidan district of Damascus. And while some media focused on the rebels’ capture of two Syrian-Iraqi crossings Saturday, our sources report that Assad and his new command had already moved on and were busy with a tactical move in retaliation against Turkey for the assassinations at the top of Assad’s inner circle: They opened the door to an influx of rebels of the Turkish PKK (Kurdistan Workers Party) from Iraq into Syria’s northern Kurdish regions, with permission to set up bases of operation along the Turkish border.
This step had three immediate consequences:

1. By giving the armed Turkish Kurds' separatist movement bases of attack against Ankara, the Assad regime was able to pacify Syria’s own 2-3 million-strong Kurdish minority (ten percent of the population) and make sure their towns in the north did not join the Syrian uprising.

2. By guaranteeing his own Kurdish minority’s loyalty, Assad released the troops posted there to fight Syrian rebels on other fronts.

3. While acting as hosts for the rebel Free Syrian Army commands which are campaigning against Damascus, Turkey is itself exposed to a new strategic threat from its southern border with Syria.

DEBKAfile’s military sources report that the flow of Turkish Kurdish fighters into northern Syria has advanced the local Kurdish separatist drive led by the Syrian Democratic Union Party. Friday, July 20, PYD and PKK fighters from Iraq joined forces to seize control of two Syrian-Turkish border towns, Afrin and Kobanê (Ayn-al Arab in Arabic).

Assad calculated that semi-autonomous status achieved by Syrian Kurds in Syria would act as a shot in the arm for the PKK on the other side of the border and encourage their raids on Turkish government and military targets in support of their demand for like status in Turkey.

The PKK were quick on the draw: Friday, they blew up the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline carrying about a quarter of Iraq’s oil exports at the southeastern Turkish Kurdish town of Midyat near the Syrian border.

Assad has therefore begun exacting revenge on Turkey for the assassinations which cut down his inner circle.

Copyright ©, respective author or news agency, debka.com  
…………………………………………………………

KERKUK is the Heart of Kurdistan
Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Assad arms Turkey's Kurdish PKK fighters

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Kobani liberated - BJI Kurdistan

PostAuthor: Na,Tenagashtit! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 am

alan131210 wrote:Image

If this will be the case, then WK is fucked up too...
I thought it...I mean...it was easy! Right?

Na,Tenagashtit!
Nubar
Nubar

Re: Kurdistan forces are liberating Western Kurdistan

PostAuthor: zaxo10 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:37 am

is it really true? :(

zaxo10
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Na,Tenagashtit! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 am

I just hope people who "say" they are kurds representatives will exploit this opportunity and do some real good for Kurd cause in WK. I'm just afraid of what is coming next...
I thought it...I mean...it was easy! Right?

Na,Tenagashtit!
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Dersimi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 am

Cewlik wrote:trapfor, not the tactic of war is the problem. Turkey is the terror state who kill thousands of innocent Kurds and ban the kurdish language and destroyed 5 thousand villages. All the occupation soldiers and the supporters of the barbarian turkish state are a legitimate target.

But the problem is the ideology of the PKK, which is radical left (communisim) and which follows the personality cult. And they dont care to much about Kurdistan.

For example, the Peshmergas are real kurdish freedom fighters, who dont fight for a stupit and failed ideology like Communism or for one person, no, their ideology is only kurdish nationalism and they fight only for Kurds and Kurdistan.

But the PKK blockade in north Kurdistan will end one day, because Öcalan will not live forever. I think after his death the PKK will give up, because they only fight for him and without him they have no reason to fight. That will give other ideologies, parties and politicians the opportunity to form a new nationalist movement in north Kurdistan which is focused mostly on Kurdistan, autonomy, self-determination and independence. For that we need good leaders.

Know I this is off topic but ı have to reply some of your ideas which are confusing me. Most of yours right to critic leader apo- because main part of NK.people still worshiping to him like a young turkish doing this attitude to ataker. But what is the wrong with ideology of them. I think you are do not know condition-term of their attitudes.This is best way for freedom,exactly. Let me add there were are loads of parties-organizations for kurdish rights.We are witness of radical scums that they every time became(still they re doing) big traitors. What about jalal or barzani? come on! for me they re not totally different from anothers.I never forget birakuji- for guerillas even that times were better capturing by turks than peshmergas. Now in this position I just watch developments which is making me happy. Especially nice to see open-minded new persons-and this is what we need. You are quite misleading peoples and passing over partizans.Not exacly pkk- particularly komala and another different type of organizations.You have to respect whether you like or not their aspects.Do you know! if we compare NK people with pass now they are very conscious and fighting more than every nation in the middle east(including turks too) who did-doing this! Don t call 'stupidity" their opinions-ideas,please-many people died-tortured believing this ideology.Still suffering.We should be more discreet about some issues.
Dersimi
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: unitedkurdistan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 am

Dersimi wrote:
Cewlik wrote:trapfor, not the tactic of war is the problem. Turkey is the terror state who kill thousands of innocent Kurds and ban the kurdish language and destroyed 5 thousand villages. All the occupation soldiers and the supporters of the barbarian turkish state are a legitimate target.

But the problem is the ideology of the PKK, which is radical left (communisim) and which follows the personality cult. And they dont care to much about Kurdistan.

For example, the Peshmergas are real kurdish freedom fighters, who dont fight for a stupit and failed ideology like Communism or for one person, no, their ideology is only kurdish nationalism and they fight only for Kurds and Kurdistan.

But the PKK blockade in north Kurdistan will end one day, because Öcalan will not live forever. I think after his death the PKK will give up, because they only fight for him and without him they have no reason to fight. That will give other ideologies, parties and politicians the opportunity to form a new nationalist movement in north Kurdistan which is focused mostly on Kurdistan, autonomy, self-determination and independence. For that we need good leaders.

Know I this is off topic but ı have to reply some of your ideas which are confusing me. Most of yours right to critic leader apo- because main part of NK.people still worshiping to him like a young turkish doing this attitude to ataker. But what is the wrong with ideology of them. I think you are do not know condition-term of their attitudes.This is best way for freedom,exactly. Let me add there were are loads of parties-organizations for kurdish rights.We are witness of radical scums that they every time became(still they re doing) big traitors. What about jalal or barzani? come on! for me they re not totally different from anothers.I never forget birakuji- for guerillas even that times were better capturing by turks than peshmergas. Now in this position I just watch developments which is making me happy. Especially nice to see open-minded new persons-and this is what we need. You are quite misleading peoples and passing over partizans.Not exacly pkk- particularly komala and another different type of organizations.You have to respect whether you like or not their aspects.Do you know! if we compare NK people with pass now they are very conscious and fighting more than every nation in the middle east(including turks too) who did-doing this! Don t call 'stupidity" their opinions-ideas,please-many people died-tortured believing this ideology.Still suffering.We should be more discreet about some issues.

Good point that you brought up Komala however Komala are first Kurdistani than leftist but with PKK they are first apoci isn't that right? Which is wrong. I guess they are to much brainwashed?
unitedkurdistan
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 1

Barzanî to Al Jazzera "Yes we train WK peshmerga"

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:37 am

In an interview with Al Jazeera Tv , Barzani the president of Kurdistan region government, reveals that they train the Peshmerga of WK who had fled the Syrian army and taken refugee in KRG.

He said that they have not been sent back to WK, but soon after the situation settled down they will be sent back to take care of the security situation of WK.

"the Peshmerga will be under the direct command of the Kurdish supreme council which was formed in Erbil between PYD and KNC". Barzani added.

http://rudaw.net/kurdish/index.php/news/15749.html
…………………………………………………………

Kurdish state is on the horizon with WK now freed great kurdistan is closing in.
alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

Re: Barzanî to Al Jazzera "Yes we train WK peshmerga"

PostAuthor: Dersimi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 am

alan131210 wrote:Image

In an interview with Al Jazeera Tv , Barzani the president of Kurdistan region government, reveals that they train the Peshmerga of WK who had fled the Syrian army and taken refugee in KRG.

He said that they have not been sent back to WK, but soon after the situation settled down they will be sent back to take care of the security situation of WK.

"the Peshmerga will be under the direct command of the Kurdish supreme council which was formed in Erbil between PYD and KNC". Barzani added.

http://rudaw.net/kurdish/index.php/news/15749.html

Very good news. Some times I get angry easily with him but i does not means- I do not see his contribution to kurdish movements. He is getting better gradually.He have balls now.Just mam jalal should show himself more at the same time. Hope he will see milky s real face soon.
Dersimi
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Dersimi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:07 pm

unitedkurdistan wrote:
Dersimi wrote:

Good point that you brought up Komala however Komala are first Kurdistani than leftist but with PKK they are first apoci isn't that right? Which is wrong. I guess they are to much brainwashed?

What the hell apoism ı don't know which is wrong I think too. İt is not related to ideology-marxism. Some people think he is important than everything even more than kurdish rights. And komala is legend-heroism.We should renew our memories about what they did for kurds.Maybe most of us do not know-or forget already them.This is so sad. Kurds every time suffered and fought more than all nations.
Dersimi
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 pm

…………………………………………………………

alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Kulka wrote:My beloved people fighting again (in public - in addition). I am not happy with heval KurdishSoccer attitude - it for sure may cause some people to turn back from PKK - and think that we all - supporters of PKK - are like that. But its not true - i know a lot of heval who dont behave like that. So, please everybody - dont get it wrong and dont think wrong about us.

As I already wrote no body is taking KurdishSoccer as representative for PKK supporters. All of us have at least some support for PKK/PYD/PEJAK just some of us dont like the idea, that a man being for decades in isolation could play a key role in solving the Kurdish problem. People should focus more on Karayilan who in my opinion has already shown that he has the potential to be a great leader of the PKK.

Dersimi wrote:
What the hell apoism ı don't know which is wrong I think too. İt is not related to ideology-marxism. Some people think he is important than everything even more than kurdish rights. And komala is legend-heroism.We should renew our memories about what they did for kurds.Maybe most of us do not know-or forget already them.This is so sad. Kurds every time suffered and fought more than all nations.

This is my point. Apo was just one of many founders of the PKK. He played a great role in awakening the Kurds and should be considered with respects like other Kurdish leaders. But he cant do anything more for Kurds than being "symbolic hero". The PKK shouldnt and cant count on him anymore he was too long in isolation. The People should hold him as a symbolic leader but today the true leader of PKK is Karayilan. This radical "Apoism of some people is getting dangerous. When People start to interest more for a Kurdish leader as for Kurdistan.

Apo as symbolic hero = OK
Base all your politics on APO who was for so long in isolation and most probably brainwashed by Turkish state = NO GO

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:41 pm

APo is gone forget move on appoint Kayralan and fight for automomy not a jailed for life guy who is after communism instead of autonomy. And girls must stop fighting we have enuff men and plus the US would have used female officers in big numbers within its army!. I am totally against fighting for one person (APo) and I am against the communist ideology of pkk, communism is done and dusted noone will ever help pkk so what is the point off pkk fighting altogether then !? If it can never gain international support for kurdish rights in NK there is no point and this is helping lower the balance towards the Turks alot.

I think Layla Zana will gain get more rights thru diplomacy and EU support than pkk has ever had in its entire 30 years of war.
Last edited by alan131210 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
…………………………………………………………

alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Kurdistano » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:47 pm

alan131210 wrote:APo is gone forget move on appoint Kayralan and fight for automomy not a jailed for life guy who is after communism instead of autonomy. And girls must stop fighting as men is stronger otherwise US would have used them in big numbers within its army. I am against fighting for one person only and I am against the communist ideology of pkk

As I already said APO has done good thinks for Kurds and when the time is right there should be request to get him out of prison or at least better conditions.I dont care about the ideology of PKK as fr as they focus more on Kurdistan. And people always think the PKK is about communism this is not true. PKK was formed in a time where communism stood as symbol for rebels and against capitalism (also because of Che Guevara who was a communist) but today the PKK is more about Socialism.

However we should get back to topic. Talking about this issues is too sensitive. People should be allowed to have whatever ideology they want or whatever leaders they want as far as they dont give it more importance as for Kurdistan.

Are there any news from Qamishlo.

Kurdistano
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:57 pm

It seems Barzani wants to send in the 4500 trained Peshmerga if WK but he is awaiting Assad to withdraw from Qamishlo , seems the plan is for least Kurdish casualties and avoid escalation as much as possible. And those allegations of PYD not allowing the deployment of WK Peshmerga turned out to Be not true according to Barzani interview with al Jazzera tv , he wants to fill in the security gap after Assad falls in WK not fight .
…………………………………………………………

alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

The Time for Kurdistan Region of Syria Has Come 

PostAuthor: alan131210 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:08 pm

The Kurdistan Region of Syria? Yes, it is possible. Now is the time to declare it.

Today, the Kurds of Syria are in a position to be a strong player in the new Syria and the Middle East. But this depends a great deal on their Kurdish neighbors and co-fighters – namely, the KDP and PKK.

The events of the past week have opened up a new horizon for the Kurds in the Middle East in general and the Kurds of Syria in particular. The liberation of the Kurdish cities of Syria presents a new kind of challenge for the Kurds of Syria.

At times like these, creative thinking could change the course of history and secure a better future. Given the developments in the other parts of Syria and the conflict between the Assad regime and the opposition, the leadership of Syrian Kurds could steer things in a different direction.

Although the conflict is now between the regime’s army and the free Syrian army, it will eventually take the shape of a Sunni-Alawite conflict that could resemble the Sunni-Shia conflict of Iraq. In such a scenario,www.ekurd.net the Kurds would become secondary to both the Sunnis and Alawites of Syria and could use this status to maximize the security of their position.

The committee that is supposed to run the affairs of the Kurdish region, to be announced in Erbil, should first of all unilaterally announce the creation of the Kurdistan Region of Syria. They should start behaving as an independent region and organize their affairs accordingly.

This would serve two purposes. It would guarantee them a clear position once the Assad regime falls, and their participation – and its cost — in the political process of Damascus would be clear.

Given the Alawite fears of Sunni rule of the country, Assad could see a benefit in recognizing the Kurdish region as a step to transition Syria into a federal state. This is a fallback option for the Alawites, who are also a minority and have an older generation with many horror stories of “Sunni oppression.” Federalism in Syria could be a way to avert retribution against the Alawites by establishing three regions — an Alawite, a Sunni and a Kurdish region.

The other benefit of creating a Kurdish region now would be to give the Kurds a strong footing when it comes to negotiating a vision and constitution for the new Syria.

In Iraq, almost all non-Kurds have difficulty understanding that the country is a “voluntary union” of its people. Without a Kurdish region, it would be difficult to say that Kurds were equal partners and they have a lot to lose by being in Syria.

But the key to such a scenario is internal Kurdish unity. The Erbil agreement should be respected and an agreement between the KDP and PKK should be reached over the future of the Kurdish regions of Syria. The other important player in this is Turkey, who seems to be quiet given the initial hints over the past few days.

At times of uncertainty, those who create realities on the ground are the safest. Now is the time for the Kurds of Syria to create the reality of their federal region on the ground.

Hiwa Osman is IWPR’s country director in Iraq, previously served as Iraqi president Jalal Talabani’s media adviser, a regular contributing writer and columnist for Ekurd
…………………………………………………………

alan131210
Shaswar
Shaswar

PreviousNext

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis